BMWCCGB Zedfest, 20 – 22 July 2012, Silverstone Circuit

Find out about meetings and cruises in here. Make the best use of your Z!
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: BMWCCGB Zedfest, 20 – 22 July 2012, Silverstone Circuit

Post by Ian_C »

UPDATE - PLEASE READ IF ATTENDING ZEDFEST 2012!

To make sure you dont waste time getting into the correct entry area, please study the "Car Club Infield Display " information sent with your ticket and windscreen car park area sticker.

Enter as shown through car park 49, signed on Left side before roundabout. Allow time to get through the coned lanes, until the Ticket Check. Once clear, proceed to T Junction and turn Right. After 100 Mtrs on Left side note sign BMWCCGB to turn LEFT into our Display area.

Please pay attention to the Club's HiViz Marshals, and take direction to colour coded parking areas:

Z1 - Green
Z3 Roadster/Coupe - Red
Z4 Roadster/Coupe - Blue

Please look out for individual signs in these areas for Model types as requested by a number of owners.

In view of the weather conditions suffered at the parking areas, please ensure YOU drive slowly on our grass display area at all times, and treat OUR Marshals with Respect at all times - remember, they are trying to help you to enjoy this event.

It probably goes without saying but just to make sure - be CAREFUL when you open your doors to ensure that you don't ding the adjacent car.

...and do try and park in a straight line, it looks so much better on the photos :D

Thanks for your understanding and let's have a great zedfest!
Current...1998 ///M Coupe
Previously...1997 Z3 2.8
mwpe

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mwpe »

I have received my tickets but no car sticker or infield parking although the ticket says entry + v pass. I have phoned the ticket number and was told that as it is a modern car there would not be a car pass. I questioned how I would then join the parade and she went away and came back and said that they would send a pass. I do not have much confidence in this as they do not seem to have a clue. I do not think I am the only one in this situation, is there a back up plan?
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

mwpe wrote:is there a back up plan?
I'm sure one or two of our horse-owning members must have the odd pitchfork lying around! :twisted:

Seriously, if you do not have a separate vehicle pass with the correct information printed on it, make yourselves known on here, so that we know how many people are affected, and make sure you let See tickets know that you will be displaying and parading your vehicle in the Z-Fest.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

Robert T wrote:Seriously, if you do not have a separate vehicle pass with the correct information printed on it, make yourselves known on here, so that we know how many people are affected, and make sure you let See tickets know that you will be displaying and parading your vehicle in the Z-Fest.
My vehicle pass is incorrect, area 9, not 13 where the parade lap is going from. I have emailed the silverstone classic website 'contact us' who are a part of Goose who are the event organisers / promoters. Haven't spoke to see tickets as I thought it wasn't them who issued v - passes, just goose like mentioned in a post above as they said they can still send them out.
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

g8jka wrote:My vehicle pass is incorrect, area 9, not 13 where the parade lap is going from. I have emailed the silverstone classic website 'contact us' who are a part of Goose who are the event organisers / promoters. Haven't spoke to see tickets as I thought it wasn't them who issued v - passes, just goose like mentioned in a post above as they said they can still send them out.
As soon as you manage to find the right person to talk to, can you post contact info on here, please. There is a telephone number on the back of the tickets, which may/may not be of any use, but it is the same as the one shown here, along with a few others that may be of some use.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
VikingSven

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by VikingSven »

myredzed wrote:Z3 Roadster/Coupe - Red
Proving that red is the best colour for a Z3 :D

Re: no vehicle pass with tickets, I've had the following from seetickets:
Your query has been forwarded on to the customer service and dispatch departments who will check to see if what you have received is correct or whether there has been an error in dispatch.

They will look into it and get back to you as soon as possible (within 48 hours).

Thanks
but no further response yet.
J R

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by J R »

I have had problems, since January booked my Z4E89 in got my pass for
13 area .Tried to book my Z3 2.8 Came back on screen said i had duplicated the order,had a go again this time it never asked for the reg
of the z3.I phoned a few times quoting the ref no and was told to wait
till the ticket arrived.When the ticket arrived it was without a pass .and
it was a single ticket .Phoned again was told that was what i ordered and someone would ring me back,3 days later recieved a call from see tickets that there was nothing the could do as they had no passes left .
Rang B M W car club was told the did not have any passes but there was some left, phoned See tickets again was told the did not have any.Have purchased another ticket for relation who was going to drive the Z 3.
TOTAL COST FOR THE TICKETS FOR THE Z3 with no pass £130.Not a
happy bunny J R
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

UPDATE - INSURANCE

Since we've had a number of queries ref this topic then it's worth mentioning that all participants should note that insurance is an individual responsibility. If you are concerned then you should check that your insurance covers this type of event (i.e. a car show and parade lap).
Previously...1997 Z3 2.8
calbens

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by calbens »

I'm relieved now I've had the following quick response from them regarding my missing digit :D Not sure if these phone numbers are any use to anyone but here's the response I got.....

Hi Rebecca

Thanks for your email. Sorry your pass has a digit missing from the registration. As you can imagine, when dealing with thousands of numbers and letter occasionally something is missed! If you would just add the relevant letter this will be fine.

Many thanks and here's hoping the rain abates!

Jane Wickens
Goose Communications Ltd

Sweetapple House, Catteshall Road, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 3DJ

Tel:     01483 524400  Fax:    01483 524411  

THE SILVERSTONE CLASSIC, powered by the AA. THE WORLD'S BIGGEST CLASSIC MOTOR RACING FESTIVAL. 20-22 JULY 2012.
www.silverstoneclassic.com for information and tickets

Big Mr P
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by Big Mr P »

Hi guys
just spent 3 days at the bog they call silverstone. had a great time, racing was amasing, and the tractor driver that pull us out of the camp site on Sunday was great. Hope it's a lot drier in two weeks. Checked out area 13, mostly concrete but yea some grass.

now to the guys that know me are we meeting somewhere for the run in.

GP
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Big Mr P wrote: now to the guys that know me are we meeting somewhere for the run in.

GP

It is in hand mate, we will let you know :wink:
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

UPDATE - INCORRECT V-PASS RESOLUTION

The BMWCCGB is aware that there are a couple of anomalies regarding printed V-passes (missing V-pass, incorrect area, incorrect vehicle reg). If you are a victim of this then please contact me by pm and we will resolve the issue. You need to pm me by 20:00 on Sunday 14 July to give the club a chance to get each individual issue resolved however I would urge you to contact me right away if there's a problem with your V-pass.

Note that the last batch of passes to be issued are being hand-written - if you have a problem with one of those then the Silverstone organisers have said they will accept minor corrections to manually written passes, e.g. if a digit is missed off or it's in the wrong order. If it's completely wrong or missing then follow the advice for printed passes i.e. contact me by pm by 20:00 on Sunday 14 July.
Previously...1997 Z3 2.8
LittleC

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by LittleC »

i seem to have missed the date for being able to use the C12112 code on the site :(
is there any way of still getting hold of tickets so that i can bring my zed along to the party??
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

LittleC wrote:i seem to have missed the date for being able to use the C12112 code on the site :(
is there any way of still getting hold of tickets so that i can bring my zed along to the party??
I believe the cut off date was for the discount, tickets should still be available
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

ImageImage
LittleC

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by LittleC »

i called the ticket hotline number on the site, and the guy i spoke to told me that he thought there were no tickets left for the enclosure in general :(
does anyone have tickets and can no longer make it ??

thanks
c :)
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

I'd try again :wink:
Gazza

ImageImage
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

LittleC wrote:i called the ticket hotline number on the site, and the guy i spoke to told me that he thought there were no tickets left for the enclosure in general :(
does anyone have tickets and can no longer make it ??

thanks
c :)
You won't be able to get a V-pass to put your car on the BMWCCGB area and participate in the parade lap however I understand that you should be able to get a general admission ticket.
Previously...1997 Z3 2.8
Olly2012

Z3 roadster 3.0i

BMWCCGB Zedfest, 20 – 22 July 2012, Silverstone Circuit

Post by Olly2012 »

Mod Edit: Post removed at the request of Silverstone
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

myredzed wrote: You won't be able to get a V-pass to put your car on the BMWCCGB area and participate in the parade lap however I understand that you should be able to get a general admission ticket.
If that's the case, how would we ever get to a total of 500 Zeds for the parade lap ?
Gazza

ImageImage
Brian4

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian4 »

Hi here is another one with no infield pass and I am in car park 50 I think or at least Public Car parks.
Brian
Brian
3.0I Topaz Blue

2000 E36/7 Z3 3.0i
2016 F31 335d
2015 F21 118i
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

Gazza wrote:
myredzed wrote: You won't be able to get a V-pass to put your car on the BMWCCGB area and participate in the parade lap however I understand that you should be able to get a general admission ticket.
If that's the case, how would we ever get to a total of 500 Zeds for the parade lap ?
The plan was to get to 500 within the discount period.
Last edited by Ian_C on Thu 12 Jul, 2012 20:11, edited 1 time in total.
Previously...1997 Z3 2.8
Dave L2

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Dave L2 »

myredzed wrote:
Gazza wrote:
The plan was to get to 500 within the discount period. Seems like there may be an opportunity to realise that now based on this:

I must confess that this was news to me otherwise I would have promoted it :head:
6 months after the initial announcement with only 215 signed up and only 1 week to go is there any realistic chance of getting more than 220? Or are there others attending that are not listed in the first post?

While I'm asking questions, are there any details on how the parade lap will be run? The last time there was anyting similar to this was the Dunsfold summer party, and that was done behind a pace car at 15mph. :(
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

500 would have been fantastic, I'm still very happy to be 1 of 215 Zeds on parade :D :D
Gazza

ImageImage
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Dave L2 wrote:... behind a pace car at 15mph. :(
Don't worry - the speeded-up video will make it look like 150mph. I just hope they don't show the Benny Hill le Mans start.
Pingu
Dickyt

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Dickyt »

Big Mr P wrote:Hi guys
just spent 3 days at the bog they call silverstone. had a great time, racing was amasing, and the tractor driver that pull us out of the camp site on Sunday was great. Hope it's a lot drier in two weeks. Checked out area 13, mostly concrete but yea some grass.

now to the guys that know me are we meeting somewhere for the run in.

GP
I have got my tickets & vehicle pass - but the above is what's worrying me. I know none of us can help the weather on the day, and even spending the day & driving the parade lap in the rain would be better than not at all, but I am somewhat concerned about the parking. Given that this wonderful weather shows no sign of changing, has anyone got any updates on the situation at Silverstone following the nightmare at the GP?

Fine if you end up on the concrete section as above, but it could be "interesting" on the grass. Unless we have a miracle & the sun actually comes out in the next week and stays to dry things out, are we facing the joy of some 500 rear wheel drive Zeds trying to negotiate a muddy lake, and then 500 Brown coloured cars doing the Parade lap LOL?

Forget packing my Meguiars Quick detail spray and a few microfibre cloths for the day, should I be bringing a spade / rope / wellies ?

Cheers

Richard
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

Fear not Richard, check out this post on .org
Previously...1997 Z3 2.8
Dickyt

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Dickyt »

myredzed wrote:Fear not Richard, check out this post on .org
Thanks for the heads up, that is more encouraging. We must be due some sunshine soon....surely.....PLEASE!!!

Looks like I might have more room in the boot for cleaning products then, having just had a full days paint correction detail I need to keep it looking all sparkly - mud & rain permitting.

Cheers

Richard
ZZZEMMCO
Z Register organiser

M coupe S50

Post by ZZZEMMCO »

About 250 entered--as this date. Weather/Ground conditions changing daily, was onsite 11th--trying to reposition 17 displays is NOT possible--only a limited higher area to do this.Ian will post up as weather dictates our advice.
safetyfast
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Got my ticket and infield pass today :) parking in 13 which sounds right? all i did was call the number on the website yesterday and they included an infield pass in my package :)
Progress Thread:http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32&t=36117
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi
smartypants

Other roadster

Post by smartypants »

OK which of you reprobates are going to be there on the Sunday? :D

I'll be travelling down in the Griffith in the morning, parking in Green 16. Where are the Zeds mostly being held? Looking forward to it, should be a good day :)
Last edited by smartypants on Thu 12 Jul, 2012 21:48, edited 1 time in total.
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

Zeds are in G13.
Previously...1997 Z3 2.8
smartypants

Other roadster

Post by smartypants »

Not been before, but doesn't look too far away - I will definitely come and say hi
Westfield

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Westfield »

Have tried my best to get infield but Goose are not having it saying -

Kelvin,

Thanks for your email, I'm sorry but the infield area is now closed. You are more than welcome to buy an advanced ticket online to get into the event but I'm afraid we are full inside for parking.

I replied back saying I thought the aim was to get 500 Z3's in there an the response was this -

The aim was to get around 500 and we have kept open the booking codes for as long as we can bearing in mind we have to accommodate the parking and sending of passes etc. We have more registered than 220 but unfortunately with the weather out of our control, we are monitoring things daily, but there is a chance we may have to relocate some clubs which would mean there is not quite as much space available to us on the infield and we wouldn't want to compromise the event or those already booked. Sorry for any disappointment caused.

:head: :head: :head:
Dickyt

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Dickyt »

Westfield wrote:Have tried my best to get infield but Goose are not having it saying -

Kelvin,

Thanks for your email, I'm sorry but the infield area is now closed. You are more than welcome to buy an advanced ticket online to get into the event but I'm afraid we are full inside for parking.

I replied back saying I thought the aim was to get 500 Z3's in there an the response was this -

The aim was to get around 500 and we have kept open the booking codes for as long as we can bearing in mind we have to accommodate the parking and sending of passes etc. We have more registered than 220 but unfortunately with the weather out of our control, we are monitoring things daily, but there is a chance we may have to relocate some clubs which would mean there is not quite as much space available to us on the infield and we wouldn't want to compromise the event or those already booked. Sorry for any disappointment caused.

:head: :head: :head:
That's a great shame for you.
It looks like the weather is causing them Major headache's - they may have to limit the numbers so that we are all on hardstanding ground. I suppose it could be a big issue if Hundreds of Zed's pull onto the track for the parade lap if they are all caked in mud having got bogged down in the sponge like grass?
You never know, if the weather dries out they may change their decision nearer the day?
Geoff H

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Geoff H »

Dickyt wrote:You never know, if the weather dries out they may change their decision nearer the day?

I don't live very far away from Silverstone, and it has rained here every day since the GP last weekend. Seeing how bad it was there last weekend there has been no chance for the ground to recover or improve.
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

anyone braving it up on saturday morning? if so do they want to meet me on enroute? I'll be heading up from the south - a338, a31,m27, m3, a34, m40, a43

also can I double check the suggested time to arrive? (to secure place on the stand)
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi
Dave L2

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Dave L2 »

shantybeater wrote:also can I double check the suggested time to arrive? (to secure place on the stand)
The literature requests that all cars with infield passes are in place by 9:30 and there is to be limited in field movement between 10:00 & 17:00.

HTH
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

shantybeater wrote:anyone braving it up on saturday morning? if so do they want to meet me on enroute? I'll be heading up from the south - a338, a31,m27, m3, a34, m40, a43

also can I double check the suggested time to arrive? (to secure place on the stand)

Some of us are meeting at the Bell Plantation Garden centre A43/A5 at 7.00am
Gazza

ImageImage
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Hi Gazza, thats very close to silverstone and a bit early for me - i'd have to leave bournemouth at 4am! :lol:

If DaveL2 is right then i'll be heading to silverstone for 9am so leaving bournemouth at about 6am
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

be good if you can park with us shanty, all the m cars together.

The 'BEAST' 666
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

Hi Everyone,
My tickets arrived yesterday and all seems to be correct! Am staying with the in-laws on Friday night. Will have to contemplate whether I can drag myself out of bed on the sat morning?

Px
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

UPDATE - PARADE LAP

Ok folks, so we now have some guidance for our parade lap:

1. The celebration Z Lap is marshal controlled at ALL times - excessive speed IS NOT welcomed

2. The maximum speed will be ~35/40 MPH

3. There are likely to be ~250 zeds on the track with you

4. ALL cars should follow the Chief Display Marshal, keeping in line as when starting the lap

5. PAY ATTENTION AT ALL TIMES to the marshal. Use your mirrors and prepare for the unexpected

As we get closer to the day I'm hoping to have a confirmation of timings, formation etc. Please keep checking this thread for the very latest situation.
Previously...1997 Z3 2.8
Dave L2

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Dave L2 »

myredzed wrote:UPDATE - PARADE LAP

Ok folks, so we now have some guidance for our parade lap:
As we get closer to the day I'm hoping to have a confirmation of timings, formation etc. Please keep checking this thread for the very latest situation.
Thanks for that, sounds like a good compromise between fun and safety.

I would also like to add that you have done a fantastic job getting us all organsied, ticketed and informed, thanks.

Finally, for this post anyway, we'll be leaving the Stansted area at about 6am on Saturday morning, aiming to get to Silverstone for about 8am and allowing plenty of time for any weather hold ups at the entrace to the circuit.
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Maintaining 40mph through the Luffield complex in a road car sounds like fun. Anyone who drops below 39 buys the beers :D .

I'm going down on Friday in my Smart, Saturday in the M and Sunday in my van. I don't fancy being forced to stay penned-in between 1000 and 1700 every day. Anyone else going for general parking on Friday and Sunday?
Pingu
Dickyt

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Dickyt »

Just been on the Silverstone Classic website & they are posting the following:

Weather Announcement

The event organisers are monitoring the weather forecasts and the site conditions in order to minimise any disruption over the Silverstone Classic event.

The public external car parking areas used by visitors to the Classic are mainly hard standing so no impact is anticipated.

Inside the event there are sufficient tarmac and hard standing areas to accommodate all activities, although some of the grass areas used by our Exhibitors and car clubs with classic cars on display may be affected. These will be relocated to suitable hard standing areas.

We look forward to welcoming you to a weekend of flat out family fun and perhaps some sunshine at last. We recommend you wear suitable clothing and footwear for the prevailing conditions

Looks like they are doing there best to keep everyone off the grass, in particular all the Car Clubs showing - so hopefully we will be on some hard standing/tarmac.

I am traveling down Saturday morning from Leicester -anyone have any experience of how much time to allow for actually getting into the show once you are there / local queuing?

Also, are all the internal pathways / walkways tarmac? - just trying to judge if wellies will be required on the day. Forecast still not looking great for the Saturday, lets hope for a miracle & the Gulfstream gets shifting north pretty soon.

Cheers

Richard
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Wellies in the boot just incase.
Gazza

ImageImage
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

Gazza wrote:Wellies in the boot just incase.
+umbrella & waterproofs :thumb:
Previously...1997 Z3 2.8
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

Anyone tried driving in wellies :lol:
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

Phil wrote:Anyone tried driving in wellies :lol:
Yes your feet tend to get a bit stuck and the ride can be a bit jerky :D
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
100GRA
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by 100GRA »

I've been in Russia for a couple of weeks, so completely out of touch, but back now and looking forward to Friday and Saturday. My tickets and windscreen pass were waiting for me when I returned home yesterday, all present and correct as far as I can see.

Does the "before 9.30am" arrival time apply to both Friday and Saturday if I want to be in the Z display area on both days?

Do we have any timing for the parade lap on Saturday yet? If poss, I would like to be away as soon as the restriction on infield movement is lifted at 5pm on Saturday, as I am due at the Malton Agricultural Show in North Yorkshire on the Sunday morning. :roll:

Re insurance - "All participants should note that insurance is an individual responsibility. If you are concerned then you should check that your insurance covers this type of event (i.e. a car show and parade lap)."

I have just spoken to my broker, and he believes that the parade lap would come under the heading of rallying, which most insurers (including my own, Aviva) exclude from normal policies. Has anybody any ideas for obtaining temporary cover from any of the specialist insurers?
Last edited by 100GRA on Mon 16 Jul, 2012 14:38, edited 1 time in total.