Radio code

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
Dave8300

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Radio code

Post by Dave8300 »

So i get back from holiday yesterday to find my battery is flat and i now need to enter my code :roll:

For all my previous cars ive had them, but do you think i can find one for the z :(

Will BMW give me a code over the phone? Or is there a website i can get them from?

Thanks 8-)
Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. It's much safer that way, you're a mile away from them, and you have their shoes.
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

You need to read the serial number on the chassis to BMW. Once you get it, write it in the radio manual.
Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.
mich

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mich »

I have the std BMW unit fitted and this does not have a code :|
Kipper

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Kipper »

Mine's the BMW Business one and I'm not aware of a code. Battery's never run flat yet so I wouldn't know.
Zed_Steve

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by Zed_Steve »

I have a BMW business CD which is coded.

Im pretty sure that a BMW dealer will have the code for your radio, provided its the same one fitted to your car when it left the showroom.

Just provide them with your reg, and vin number.
SpunkyM

M roadster S54

Post by SpunkyM »

Im pretty sure that a BMW dealer will have the code for your radio, provided its the same one fitted to your car when it left the showroom.

...kind of defeats the object of having the radio coded. Any thieving toerag could phone up with your reg and VIN, get the code then nick the radio :roll:
Sapphire Black 02 S54 M Roadster
nero

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by nero »

If the prevoius owner/s had kept the documentation pack for the car intact, there should be a credit card sized card with the radio code on it. :nerd:

IIRC you get 3 goes at entering the code, before it locks you out for a period of time, so read and follow the code entering instructions carefully :wink:
BMWCCScotland

Nothing is as frustrating as arguing with someone who knows what he's talking about.
Zed_Steve

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by Zed_Steve »

SpunkyM wrote:

...kind of defeats the object of having the radio coded. Any thieving toerag could phone up with your reg and VIN, get the code then nick the radio :roll:
Cant see where i said to phone them in my post :roll: But you are correct, that would defeat the object.

So to add to my comments yes, its all subject to when visiting the dealer you can also provide proof that you own the vehicle.
Dave8300

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Dave8300 »

Right, phoned up the dealer they can't do it without the serial number off the back of the stereo. :roll:
They want to charge me for taking it in so they can remove it, so...

How do i go about removing it? Is it one of the pins on either side jobby? :D
Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. It's much safer that way, you're a mile away from them, and you have their shoes.
benelvin

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by benelvin »

two allen key bolt things, one either side under little plastic flaps. It's a 4mm I think...