Non OEM headunit pic requests

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
JONATHAN82

M roadster S50

Non OEM headunit pic requests

Post by JONATHAN82 »

Show me your head units guys. I cannot cope with the standard one.

Ideally want one which matches the Z3 style.
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

www.becker.de nuff said.
Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.
Justin Time

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Justin Time »

I have a PSW 9531 Kenwood in mine

Have it hooked up to a keg, which holds 10GB of MP3's, in the boot. Here's a close up of the headunit, here
BMW Z3 2.0L Velvet Blue Individual Edition
Jonmurgie

M coupe S50

Post by Jonmurgie »

Swapped out the (rubbish) standard head unit in my M Coupe over the weekend and popped in an Alpine 9850Ri hooked up to a 40gb iPod, here's a pic:

It's a great HU for the money and it goes quite well with the chrome in the M Coupe :)
Adam

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Adam »

this is my head unit.

kenwood kvt-627dvd unit with a 6 disc changer in the boot. radio / cd / dvd / vcd / freeview tv (optional addon I dont have) Rear view camera (again i dont have fitted) bluetooth phone (and again i dont have fitted)
Attachments
closed
closed
IMG_0083.JPG (193.37 KiB) Viewed 4640 times
open
open
IMG_0084.JPG (222.13 KiB) Viewed 4640 times
benelvin

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by benelvin »

Becker Grand Prix. Ipod in the glovebox with full track/playlist/album/artist navigation. Bluetooth hands free built in, mic is mounted on the side of the center console in the drivers footwell.

Got it cos it looks factory fitted but is still full of decent features.
///M Breadvan

M coupe S52

Post by ///M Breadvan »

Another pusher of the BEcker Grand Prix Range. Looks so standard!
Attachments
DSC02120.jpg
(230.5 KiB) Downloaded 315 times
Sniff

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Sniff »

I've got a BMW-badged Becker Traffic Pro (not sure of the model number - maybe 4771?).

Looks stock, works with the CD changer, has navi (which over-rides the radio/CD for instructions) and has a nice orange display which matches the dash. The navi uses a CD slot hidden behind the removal fascia.

ImageImage
ShinyDave

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by ShinyDave »

Found these pics useful when choosing my new unit so thought id add mine.

Kenwood KDC-BT8041U £134 from Halfords website - £160-200 elsewhere.

Has USB & iPod control and built in parrot bluetooth with external mic.

Last edited by ShinyDave on Sun 29 Jun, 2008 22:38, edited 1 time in total.
2002 3.0 Sport in Sterling Grey with full red/black leather

aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

That's a good buy I think I will give that a look myself. How does it perform, where have you mounted the mic for the bluetooth?

I have an older Alpine unit fitted so presumably I woould need a different adapter lead to fit this Kenwood into my Z3?
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
Rob13

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rob13 »

I agree - if you can afford the Beckers they are great, have one in my 318iS and they suit the dash very well.

In the Zed I have an Alpine CDE-9880R. The amber matches the BMW illumination, full ipod control or control over music on a USB drive. bass/trebel frequency, level, width adjust etc so more than a normal unit and also only £125 odd.

I wonder if it is worth spending loads when you are never going to get great sound from the stock speaker locations and lack of bass frequencies? I have fitted 6.5 inch components and moved the treeters to the back of the windscreen for some soundstage.

Very happy with the Alpine though.
Attachments
DSC00175_1_2_1.JPG
DSC00175_1_2_1.JPG (69.05 KiB) Viewed 3839 times
I used to have a '97 2.8 Z3 50k FOR SALE £4699 Shorter 'M' Cup Sport gear knob,M Steering wheel, Alpine / Infinity audio, 18" Alpina style wheels, Clear indicators all round, cold air feed and modified airbox. Miss April in the '09 Calendar.
ImageImage
ShinyDave

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by ShinyDave »

aceman wrote:That's a good buy I think I will give that a look myself. How does it perform, where have you mounted the mic for the bluetooth?

I have an older Alpine unit fitted so presumably I woould need a different adapter lead to fit this Kenwood into my Z3?
Performs well - MANY options to fine tune the output, nice and easy on the eye - not 100 buttons staring out at you, and a rotary volume control :) nice solid feel - on the downside, the cheaper but similar looking Kenwoods have adjustable colour schemes - this one is blue or blue! I quite like it tho.

Mic is on the dash near the screen on the drivers side near the screen pillar.

If you dont have the factory speaker upgrade you should be able to use a standard bmw - ISO adapter (which you may already have) apparently available on eBay much cheaper than stereo places.
2002 3.0 Sport in Sterling Grey with full red/black leather