Component/Amp help

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
ceefax

Z3 roadster 2.8

Component/Amp help

Post by ceefax »

I've just got my 2.8 and I'm looking to do the usual upgrades starting with some new front speakers.

I want to get some decent sound without using a sub so I'm looking at getting these:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/produc ... /7056.html

run from:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/produc ... 11078.html

any other ideas/opinions?

For the guys who have an amp in the boot, where did you run the remote/rca/speaker cables through the cabin?
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

Oddly enough, the more high end your mids and tweeters, the less bass you will get. These sorts of high end speakers are designed to be run with a system that has subwoofers.

To run the cables see my thread here.
Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.
ceefax

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by ceefax »

estocks, any suggestions on any alternates?

I've looked at your ICE thread a couple of times but couldn't fathom where you hid the sub. Is it where the HK sub would be or have you used the top storage box to drop it into?

Has anyone who has an acive bass tube (box) got anything they can add to this on the performance of those units? That's the other option I have been considering for adding missing bass.
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

ceefax wrote:estocks, any suggestions on any alternates?
Don't get me wrong, any upgrade will be a vast improvemnt on the cheapo stock setup.
ceefax wrote:I've looked at your ICE thread a couple of times but couldn't fathom where you hid the sub. Is it where the HK sub would be or have you used the top storage box to drop it into?
Both. But roadstersounds or integralaudioas they are now have more options now than were available at the time.
ceefax wrote:Has anyone who has an acive bass tube (box) got anything they can add to this on the performance of those units? That's the other option I have been considering for adding missing bass.
I have heard those under seat units are gettting better these days. One might fit behind the passenger seat if you removed some ~3" of foam padding that is behind the carpet there.
Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.