Rear Speakers

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
clan

Z3 roadster 2.8

Rear Speakers

Post by clan »

I've tried reading through the many threads on speaker upgrades and I can't see the answer to my question. The rear speakers on my Z3 (it has the HK system) are past their best and I just remembered that I had an unused pair of Alpine SXE 1025S 4" speakers but I'm not sure if they will fit in. I've seen several threads about the space being tight and roll bars causing even more of a problem. Does anyone know if these speakers with a depth of 93mm will actually fit?
2.8 Zed With Some Sensible Mods
M50 Manifold and Big Bodied Throttle Kit
Chipped UK Remap
Strong Strut Brace Front and Rear
Quad Stainless Steel Exhaust
*Now Sold*
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

I'm not sure for sure. I recall it being 1 1/4 inch, which is 31mm. Pop one out and measure it.
Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.
clan

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by clan »

estocks wrote:I'm not sure for sure. I recall it being 1 1/4 inch, which is 31mm. Pop one out and measure it.
Cheers, looks like a job for the better weather :)
2.8 Zed With Some Sensible Mods
M50 Manifold and Big Bodied Throttle Kit
Chipped UK Remap
Strong Strut Brace Front and Rear
Quad Stainless Steel Exhaust
*Now Sold*
msassoon

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by msassoon »

Yeah, measured mine yesterday and they are 10 cm across and 31 mm deep.
BristolZed

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by BristolZed »

Fair shout just what i was wondering.
w4tkins

Z3 roadster 2.0

Re: Rear Speakers

Post by w4tkins »

clan wrote:I've tried reading through the many threads on speaker upgrades and I can't see the answer to my question. The rear speakers on my Z3 (it has the HK system) are past their best and I just remembered that I had an unused pair of Alpine SXE 1025S 4" speakers but I'm not sure if they will fit in. I've seen several threads about the space being tight and roll bars causing even more of a problem. Does anyone know if these speakers with a depth of 93mm will actually fit?
Hello clan,

I am very sure that I have fitted the same 4" Alpines in my zed. The face lift Z3's have lager rear speakers that the pre face lift. There was plenty of room behing my speakers, Just had a little trouble fittling the covers back over them due to their shape compaired to the OEM ones. A quick trim of the speaker covers and hey presto

hope it helps

w4tkins
Image My Journal
Favourite Quotes:
Rob Tan wrote: The Z3. Purely medicinal.
TREGZY wrote:''Ive seen the way you drive.....you got a heavy foot''