Advice on Radio/CD changer please.

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
meldrew

Z3 roadster 2.8

Advice on Radio/CD changer please.

Post by meldrew »

Recently bought a '98 Z3, with its original BMW radio cassette, and with a BMW 6cd changer in the boot.

I cannot obtain the cd mode on the radio, just radio and tape. The changer ejects and accepts cd's, but I cannot play them. :shock:

Is it me? An incorrect radio? or the changer? :dunce:

What should I look for?
:nerd:
muppet

Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

Post by muppet »

I got "CD error" showing on mine when I got the Zed and it would not play. So I took the CD changer out and got more room in the boot
I have been diagnosed with ADHOTS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh That's Shiney
TaffZee

blank

Post by TaffZee »

Remove CD Changer, Get a new Head Unit with USB access to the rear of the unit and by an MP3 player, Tuck MP3 player out of site in the footwell (easy access) Gives more space in boot + 4gb mp3 player will hold up to 100 CD's. See Asda they have a 4 gb MP3 Player with video playback (tiny screen) for £28.00 Bargain works a treat. Halford doing this See Here

Jim
w4tkins

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by w4tkins »

You could either fit an aftermarket CD head unit or get a bmw cd player that will match the rest of the dash and iluminate the same colour at night.

The BMW cd players are costly but the rover 25/45 unit is exactly the same (even connects straight upto the BMW harness with no modifications). One of these with a dice ipod unit and you are away.

There are bmw cd players on ebay that say they are BMW but are rover units with a ///M badge to cover up the rover logo. I have fitted the rover unit and the sound quality (with £60 worth of alpine speakers) is very good. Just waiting on the post man for the modified DICE unit
Image My Journal
Favourite Quotes:
Rob Tan wrote: The Z3. Purely medicinal.
TREGZY wrote:''Ive seen the way you drive.....you got a heavy foot''