Cd Error And Battery Probs

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
321bhp

Not specified

Cd Error And Battery Probs

Post by 321bhp »

hi need help,today battery on car seemed a little like ,i dont want to start,so took me jump leads with me just in case,i have the standard bmw ,6 disc player,and when i got to my friends i took 1 disc out i had been playing and gave it to them,then the car would not start so i had to use jump leads ,car started no probs (needs new battery ),then on the way home turns on the unit and,CD ERROR ,message appers,now unit works fine,tape and radio,but the 6 disc unit will not come out,the little green light that comes on when you take it out is not light up,now i know theres not a cd stuck in there as i had taken the 6 cd unit out earlier and had not played another,please help going on long journey tuesday and need my vibes playing,thanks

UPDATE,ok,ive got the 6 cd unit out now ,and silly me there was a cd stuck inside,i got that out as well,put differant cd,s back in 6 cd unit and put back in,still saying,CD ERROR,and still have to use a credit card to get loader back out,no little green light as well

FURTHER UPDATE,now unit says, NO DISCS,and still wont eject on its own

FURTHER UPDATE,ALL FIXED NOW WORKING AND LOADING BETTER THAN EVER,THANKS 4 YA HELP :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
mrloneranger

M roadster S50

Post by mrloneranger »

I had the same issue but couldn't get the single CD inside the player out. How did you manage to solve this one and the other error problems ????
321bhp

Not specified

hi

Post by 321bhp »

you can get ya fingers in the player to get the stuck cd out ,took sme time ,also,a freind had this same problem,he told me to go buy a can of dust remover,its a dry compressed gas for removing dust,sort of thing you find in pc world ,you use it on ya keyboard etc to get the dust out,well i told him to get it round here pronto,sprayed the cartridge and inside the player in the boot and now it works perfect,maybe player needed a clean up,who knows ,but can around £2.99 so worth trying ,and great for getting all the dust out of ya fan-vents in side ya car , a simple solution