Z3 How many speakers?

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Z3 How many speakers?

Post by Warrior »

I've got a replacement head unit, a SONY, which has got more buttons than are good for you.

I've not timkered with it much but wondered how many speakers it should be driving, or rather how many the original OEM unit would?

Getting it all behind my head at the moment but have grills down in the footwells....
billz

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by billz »

If its the Harmon Kardon set up then there should be 2 woofers in the footwells 2 tweeters and 2 mid range in the doors and a sub at the rear
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.do?m ... 8083&hg=65
The link has all 3 set ups.
bill
Image ImageImageUploaded with ImageShack.com
Z3 3.0 Sports Sold
Z4 3.0si Ruby Black with Champagne Leather and Piano Black Dash
Colin Summerfun

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Colin Summerfun »

I had a problem with my sound system and decided to setup with 2 No 5” loudspeakers (2 way) in the footwells) 2No 4” (I think?) behind the seats, they are at head height. I also have a pioneer sub-woofer behind the passenger seat.
Turn the base down on the head unit, tweak the sub-woofer and let that do the hard work helping to prevent the loudspeakers from distortion.
Suits me and gives me decent sound while getting on with some spirited motorway cruising, top down of course.

You should hear sound from your footwells, fiddle with the fader, if you get no sound then check you connected the speakers and check that they are installed.

If you have the Harmon Kardon setup you should have a very good sound.