I love Mrs Tomtom

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
Madeira Jon

BMW convertible

I love Mrs Tomtom

Post by Madeira Jon »

Just returned from 3 weeks touring the Dordonge, Southern France. I never used an atlas once just Tomtom 3.03. She got us through all the cities, including Paris, without a hitch. I didn't need to buy the extra maps as the main route one which comes with version 3 is adequate, even locating the little town of Le Burge which has about 1,000 inhabitants. The only snag being that Tomtom ogten has say, "Avenue de Winston Churchill" when the actual address is "Rue de Winston Churchill", but you gotta use common sense since its unlikely that there will be 2 such similar addreses in one town.

I've got to ask Sarah, what the hell is "aboutillarde de Troyes"???? if I remember the spelling. I am always willing to try new foods so I ordered this in a local restaurant and it turned out to be the most foul smelling, filthy tasting stuff I have EVER come across. It really looks like a long, thick, t*rd, and is even the same colour!!!! :oops:
Even if the voices aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas
JohnM

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by JohnM »

Jon,

If it really was as vile you say it is, I suspect that 'TheLovelySarah' may not have been anywhere near one before :-)

John.
The Lovely Sarah!!!

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by The Lovely Sarah!!! »

Hia you two!

Quite right John! I can't be exactly sure what Jon had in my super country but I think it was "andouillette" which I would never try myself :colourful: that is to say if we are talking about the same thing...Anyway I would never try something matching the description...

We are off to Dubai on Thursday and I wonder if we will come across some weird and wonderful type of food? :D . One thing is sure though, we should be able to wave a quite a few Z over there :dunce:
Madeira Jon

BMW convertible

Post by Madeira Jon »

Hi Sarah,
Great to hear from you again. Yes, I really did enjoy France yet again, and the memsahib and I are making plans to return in April. I'm certain we must have passed through your region as we stayed at Dreux on the way back then Rouen etc.

And yes, "andouillette de Troyes", thats the stuff I tried!!!!! I've checked it out in the dictionary and its FOUL!!!!! I wouldn't even eat it in English let alone French.

Enjoy Dubai, I understand the Gold Souk is fantastic and know that Bart is simply dying to buy you some very nice pressies! :D
Even if the voices aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas