Suggestions for ICE upgrade

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
Deano1712
Z Register organiser

M roadster S50

Suggestions for ICE upgrade

Post by Deano1712 »

I'm doing a few upgrades on the car over the winter, one of which will be new head unit and speakers/sub. I want to get a really good sound and dont mind spending up to £1k on a system. There are some good speakers in the marketplace but not a lot of room in the motor, particularly for a decent sub. Anyone got an ideas for me to consider?
Z3M with a few mods...and a little bit more power
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Hard Top »

Deano1712 wrote:Anyone got an ideas for me to consider?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Affordable-Va ... 1bf7614d05

This gave me a laugh......you would have to get yourself a boot rack. :idea:

WARNING - There are 2 version of this amplifier.

This auction is for original Chinese version for GBP £1000.
Please listen to the German distributor version, and buy from us and save GBP £500 !

There is a MODIFIED IN ENGLAND BY 'LIM AIK LEONG SIGNATURE' version for GBP £1050
with 1 month home trial (less shipping cost of GBP £30 + GBP £30. equipment returned during 1 month home trail)
Upgraded with 2 pieces of Silver Mica Ultrasonic filter,
blatantly obvious sweeter treble and less sibilance (when a woman say 'hiss', it sounds like 'hissssssk'),
big improvement in 10 kilohertz square wave

HTH

:lol:
HT

Titan's apprentice. :D
Titan wrote:Occupations ?
Official Devil's Advocate :devil:
Leg Puller
Micky Taker
http://www.lde.nu/index.htm
dineshee28

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by dineshee28 »

Have a look at my post earlier on a new sub and amp. I cant praise them enough for awsome job. Ialso bought CDT CL 5.25 speakers on ebay brand new for £160.00 Replace your door speakers with these high end speakers and fit a sub enclosure 8 inch sub with 4 channel amp. You will know the difference.

The whole thing you can do it for well under 1K.
dineshee28

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by dineshee28 »

send me link.

see 500 includes a new amp, hertz sub and custom sub and fitting?! can you do all that for under 500 quid?

interesting
Deano1712
Z Register organiser

M roadster S50

Post by Deano1712 »

Zedonist wrote:Check my post on .Org, you can do it for less than £500
Thanks for that. Im thinking of something similar with a Pioneer 8300BT head unit. I assume with a hard drive connected you can get a virtually unlimited amount of music on there?
dineshee28 wrote:Have a look at my post earlier on a new sub and amp. I cant praise them enough for awsome job. Ialso bought CDT CL 5.25 speakers on ebay brand new for £160.00 Replace your door speakers with these high end speakers and fit a sub enclosure 8 inch sub with 4 channel amp. You will know the difference.

The whole thing you can do it for well under 1K.
That looks like a decent job. I going to look at doing a similar installation. A 8" woofer would be good no doubt.
Z3M with a few mods...and a little bit more power