New 8' Subwoofer Install

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
dineshee28

Z3 roadster 1.9

New 8' Subwoofer Install

Post by dineshee28 »

Hey Guys, I am sick of not hearing any base so I have got myself specially built enclosure to fit between the seats. Am picking the car up today so will post some photos to show you all.

Dee
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Looking forward to it.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
dineshee28

Z3 roadster 1.9

NEw sub in car

Post by dineshee28 »

I had specially built sub enclosure made along with an amp fitted behind the dashboard and hertz 8inch sub all fitted for £570 all inclusive of labour. Absolute beauty! I was very surprised how good the whole unit looked but the sound was just fab. Finaly, I have bass!!! more photos to follow tomorrow. I recommed this build if you really want to save space.

Brian Car audio are based in Coulsden in Surrey. Great service and I would recommend anyone getting customised enclosures builds. http://www.briancarsounds.com/

What do you think?
Image[/url]
dineshee28

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by dineshee28 »

Do you think I have gone overboard slightly to achieve bass? For the money I paid for the enclosure, amp & sub I thought it was very good value for money. BUT have I gone too far?? LOL.!!

I had no feedback yet from our Z3ers which is quiet worrying.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Looks a good fit, maybe some more pics from further away ;)
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

ImageImage
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

This is the sub I had fitted, it replaces the OEM sub where the storage box is between the roll bars

Gazza

ImageImage
dineshee28

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by dineshee28 »

I felt I was not getting enough with the 6 so i went with this build see photos:

Icecube

Z3 roadster 2.2i

meatball sub!

Post by Icecube »

i love it, can these enclosures be bought?
dineshee28

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by dineshee28 »

Hi,

I think they can be bought but you will need to speak to brian at brian car sounds.

Brian Bar Car sounds facebook page. you wiull see more photos of his build.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/26091655004/

The other question regards to the roll hoops is not cosmetic they have put this back. its only the centre bit taken out.

have a look.

dineshee28

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by dineshee28 »

The other thing requested to have thew amp behind the dashboard. I really didnt want any clutter cables and amp behind seat, boot or under the seat. You really cant see any cables hanging out or anything. Everything is hidden away. One thing is door speaks must be replaced to compenent speakers. You can find a pair of High end speakers such the CDT 5.25 from ebay. I bought mine from a company based in Essex for £160.00( 140 watts RMS) reduced from 240. The components and an amp to run sub and compenents you require a 4 channel amp around 400 watts to run all your speakers. You also need to disconnect the little speaqkers behind your seats as they are not really worth replacing.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CDT-AUDIO-CL- ... 35a5dd947e

I hope this helps!
dineshee28

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by dineshee28 »

The Enclosure is exact size of the compartment was there before. They tried to use the compartment where you hold the DVD and the top pocket and use that to cover with fibreglass but there was reaction to the paint and the fibreglass. So they used the black compartment moulded fibre glass on top like a shell to use. I hope im making sense here.

the 8 inch sub go in the middle of the enclosure which perfect fit. look photo of herts woofer
Lazeodoom

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: New 8' Subwoofer Install

Post by Lazeodoom »

What is the price paid for the Hertz 8"? I've heard good things about Hertz speakers... Looking for a change now as I've got an 8" Rainbow Vanadium sub thats 4 years old and getting tired, it had a decent enough punchy sound but couldn't handle deep sustained bass notes well, I must admit I expected more for nearly £200!
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Re:

Post by Z3cade »

Gazza wrote:This is the sub I had fitted, it replaces the OEM sub where the storage box is between the roll bars

Gaz where did you get this sub enclosure from?? Looks like what I'm looking for for mine
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: New 8' Subwoofer Install

Post by Gazza »

It was made by member Dooby, he made a few to order but I think he has stopped making them now
Gazza

ImageImage