TomTom Navigator 2 European Maps

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

TomTom Navigator 2 European Maps

Post by stu »

wanted, especially Holland and France.

Anyone help?
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
BartS
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 3.0i

I can help

Post by BartS »

Stu

invite either myself or Sarah along on your trip!

Who needs TomTom if you can have The Lovely Sarah! (or me)

Apart from that, which version of TomTom are you running (I have TT3, which includes major roads for Europe and have actually checked the level of detail on these maps and it includes actually much much more than motorways, many major A roads also included (France at least) as it navigates me to within 1/4 mile of Sarah's parents.

If you want really end to end navigation that I suspect you need the actual European maps for TT.

I posted a few months ago a post with the request for Portugal maps (which I thought I needed when I was out there during Euro'04) but despite some replies, I never really got a real result, it seems due to the unique registrationcode that TT now uses, hacks are not that easy to come by... :-(

If you have luck, let me know, as I will be very much interested in the same maps for obvious reasons!
Bart

a qualified - Northern Highlight - chuffin' nutter
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Z3 for 2, so Bart&Sarah option not active

Post by stu »

I have TTN 2.

No great rush just yet, but a few more reasons next year.

Don't fancy paying for any later s/w as TTN2 works fine most of the time and the latest upgrade seems more stable too (so far - touch wood).
BartS
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by BartS »

I was not implying that you had to take Syl & the kids! :head:
Bart

a qualified - Northern Highlight - chuffin' nutter
TonyCal

blank.gif

Post by TonyCal »

I have a complete set of the european maps for TT2 as well as TT2 itself. I could be willing to part with them for suitalbe reimbersment.
Madeira Jon

BMW convertible

Post by Madeira Jon »

Stu, as BartS has said, you may not need those extra EXPENSIVE extras. I travelled thoughout France during Sept and didn't need the paper atlas once; even travelling through Paris Uuuugggh! :evil: :evil:

Get TomTom3 and it will solve your problems., (well your travelling problems anyway, for the rest you must take those anti-biotic injections and stop doing that unmentionable act!) but back to Tomtom, its amazing the actual detail it offers, side roads are shown on the screen which are so unimportant that you can barely see them even when your sitting on them!

(The only problem with Paris was that there are lots of underpasses and Mrs. Tomtom went to sleep when we entered those, though lack of satellites. The result being that if there was a road juntion just outside the underpass then I had to guess, or else if a roundabout was there, then I went round it twice to access the damn satellites)
Even if the voices aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

I don't have Tom Tom, but found on my system earlier this year that even though I had only a disk for the UK it showed all the major routes ie autoroutes and A roads and actually worked me a route out from those.
garyw
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Thanks all

Post by stu »

Tony - send me a pm for maps only please.