eBay Z3 Hardtop £50

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

eBay Z3 Hardtop £50

Post by Jonttt »

Found this on eBay.Looks remarkably cheap. Emailed the seller who confirmed all tools / bolts /instructions included. Was tempted as I have the mounting kit installed on mine. Decided to give it a miss as

i) wrong colour (or would black and silver work - no 8-)
ii) I only have the Z for pleasure use so can see the hardtop permanently cluttering my garage
iii) its too far away from me

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0286327615

Anyway thought some of you guys would be interested (of course if I was going to bid you are the last guys I would tell :wink:
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

On his ad he says he does not have the fitting kit? :?
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

I know thats why I emailed him to confirm.

He does not have the mounting kit which you need installed on your car to actually allow you to mount the roof. He does however have all the parts which come with the roof ie bolts, tools, instructions.

I am no expert in these things and have never actually seen one so I am going off what I have read on this forum. I believe the mounting kit is usually c£400 + fitting. Sometimes hardtops are advertised with this (I presume they have removed it from the original car) some without. This one is without.

But you also need certain parts that are originally supplied with the roof. He has confirmed that he has all of these.

Hope this helps.
mrluke

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Post by mrluke »

shame... over 150 miles away from me :(