Nice looking ///M on Pistonheads 26k £7,250 open to offers!

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Nice looking ///M on Pistonheads 26k £7,250 open to offers!

Post by Jonttt »

Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

I thought that was yours, jon, for a second after I clicked the link! :shock:

Looks in pretty good nick and it has a hardtop fitting kit on it (though it is missing a dust cover :lol:).

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

I know :D

If the mileage is genuine it looks a bargain.

(nb the hardtop fitting covers are a few £ from dealer, I had to buy one for mine :wink: )

Looks like someone could get a bargain if a genuine quick sale needed for a divorce :shock:

I remember a guy putting a M3 on ebay a couple of years ago and selling it for a few hundred quid to stop his misses getting much money for it :!:

I'm almost tmepted to offer him £6k myself :D
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Methinks if that's jontttttt's car he must have got married after the bbq last week and changed his mind this week :devil:

If you get it for £6k Jon, I'll give you £5.5k for it :wink:
Image :devil:
BimBeema

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by BimBeema »

Does look a bargain, however I've heard of some scams going on involving numbers starting 070, apparantly its some sort of premium rate number, hence why they say no txt or email so you have to call the number.
Bally

BMW other

Post by Bally »

As they say if the price looks wrong, usually so is the car.. not herd of the telephone scam, but did wonder about no e-mails etc

It would look nice in my empty garage though :D
Alex L

Other roadster

Post by Alex L »

BimBeema wrote: however I've heard of some scams going on involving numbers starting 070, apparantly its some sort of premium rate number

That's a pistonheads generated phonesafe number to keep you real number hidden
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

I don't think its a scam. Price is what I would expect for someone desperate for a quick sale ie £500-£1,000 under what would be considered normal (ie slightly more than trade in price). If it was a scam I would expect more like £6,000 price to generate plenty of calls.

But who knows, tempting as it is I love my existing silver ///M and it would only get jealous :D
Gizmo

blank.gif

Post by Gizmo »

(delurk)

I sent the seller an email this morning. Very low mileage, worth asking if it's historied and not a Cat C/D (which would also explain the entirely reasonable price).

And while I'd feel slightly uncomfortable taking a man's pride and joy away; I'd rather I had it than his wife. ;)
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Gizmo, get in there :wink:
Bally

BMW other

Post by Bally »

Please tell me its sold or CAT D or something just as bad, as i have been dying to pick up the phone since Saturday.

But I know if i go looking it will end up in my garage :lol:
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Bally wrote:.

But I know if i go looking it will end up in my garage :lol:

yes .... and?
:drive

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

There was a silver M advertised by M Power at Newbury about 6 months ago. The mileage was about 23k then........... wonder if it is the same car...........?

Bally you are in Zed mourning mode............ I don't know whether to encourage or console you?

I have loved the 10k miles I have done in my M since I bought it 18 months ago.

:wink:

I think you would feel the same? :P
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
Gizmo

blank.gif

Post by Gizmo »

whiteminks wrote:I have loved the 10k miles I have done in my M since I bought it 18 months ago.

Only 10k?
I bought an MX5 8 weeks ago and have put 5000 on it already :D
Bally

BMW other

Post by Bally »

whiteminks wrote: Bally you are in Zed mourning mode............ I don't know whether to encourage or console you?
Yes somehow replacing it with a 2.0L 3 series is just no comparision at the moment :(

Before i worked away, I ran an Astra 1.9TDSRI sport hatch for work and the Z at the weekends, that seemed to be a sensible combination :)
John Boy
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by John Boy »

Gizmo wrote:
whiteminks wrote:I have loved the 10k miles I have done in my M since I bought it 18 months ago.

Only 10k?
I bought an MX5 8 weeks ago and have put 5000 on it already :D
Don't forget that Paula has 2 Zeds to spread the mileage with...
John Boy
2.8 Z3
johnwayne

M roadster S50

"M" for sale on Pistonheads !

Post by johnwayne »

Hi,I contacted the seller yesterday and he seems very cagey. He wouldnt tell me how long he had owned the carand asked why that was important !! He did say there was no history . Still may be worth a look
jester212

Not specified

Post by jester212 »

Hmmm strange one that. Like you say might be worth a look, or have a look at mine instead lol!! :D :lol:
jester212

Not specified

Post by jester212 »

Pistonheads is showing sold now.
Bally

BMW other

Post by Bally »

Dont like cars with no history, there is always a reason as to why, sold mine with a book full :D

I'm glad its sold, just hope is wasnt a minter, i must stop looking at Piston heads its too tempting and i dont want another car for a few months yet :head:
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Bally I bet your dreaming of an ///M in your sleep :D Lifes too short do it, you know you want to :twisted:
jester212

Not specified

Post by jester212 »

I'll sell you mine for the same price as the sold one...;)!