Racelogic TC for sale SOLD

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
///m murf
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Racelogic TC for sale SOLD

Post by ///m murf »

Race Logic Traction Control and Launch

All in good working order,all set up for any S 50 /// M, bullet connectors supplied or alternately buy a male and female plug from race logic for the connection for fuel injectors.

Great piece of kit you only have to ask any one with it fitted to realise what it can do in low grip situations when powering out of corners.
£300

Collect or p&p at cost

Ely Cambs
Last edited by ///m murf on Sun 15 Nov, 2009 10:32, edited 4 times in total.
Mark
The Original ///M Roadster + maybe just a couple of mods! Gone but never forgotten, now in a Z4
PERRIN Z3M

M roadster S50

Post by PERRIN Z3M »

How does this type of system work?

How easy is it to fit?

steve
///m murf
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by ///m murf »

It works by connecting to the ABS sensors to monitor wheel speed and cuts out individual/groups of injectors to limit power output, but much better than any TC system I have come across OEM.

The install is not to bad, the majority of the work is at the DME wiring in the engine bay. there is a nice space for it in the plastic DME box, injector wiring, power and ground all in the same place, the pain in the back side is the ABS wiring behind the Glove box and finding a nice place to locate the control box( I had mine in the Ash tray but the lid needs modding to make it work OEM).

Hope this helps
Mark
The Original ///M Roadster + maybe just a couple of mods! Gone but never forgotten, now in a Z4
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
///m murf
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by ///m murf »

Bump pics added
Mark
AussieZ3

M roadster S54

Post by AussieZ3 »

Can this be manipulated to be turned on and off via the OEM ASC/DSC switch?
Proud owner of #70 of 73 ever built RHD S54 M Roadster.

2000 Evergreen E36/8 M Coupe
2001 Imola Red E39 M5
2002 Phoenix Yellow E36/7 M Roadster
2003 Dakar Yellow E46 M3 Cabriolet
2005 Estoril Blue E53 X5 4.8is
///m murf
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by ///m murf »

AussieZ3 wrote:Can this be manipulated to be turned on and off via the OEM ASC/DSC switch?
I don't think you can run it in a car which already has DSC DTC etc with out some serious reprogramming of the original DME controllers but I could be wrong
Mark
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

I don't see why it couldn't run with a DSC-equipped car and would probably be a good 2nd stage traction control system. Not sure it could be incorporated into the DSC button itself as the control is adjustable either in about 5 stages or a lot more if you got the digital contorller option (it's not a case of "on" or "off").

But it would let people with DSC who want to run with DSC set to off but still have some slip control.
siwilson

M roadster S54

Post by siwilson »

I suspect that adding the Racelogic system would cause merry hell with the DSC. DSC works by monitoring a lot of variables and deciding if anything untoward is happening. Put the Racelogic system in there and its going to do things that will upset the DSC.

Even in the off setting the DSC is still monitoring all the sensors. I found this out when my DSC had a faulty sensor. I thought I could turn off the DSC and drive near normal. Wrong! Even in the off setting it still detected odd readings and caused problems with the ABS.

Best thing to do is talk to Racelogic. I bet they have come across this before.
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

I'm not sure it would cause a problem with it in OFF mode, as it's not causing any problems with the ABS sensors, it's merely tapping into the readings. It might cause a conflict though, but not sure how much the DSC intervenes even in OFF mode, the Racelogic just misfires the engine so it might work.
///m murf
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by ///m murf »

Bump
Mark
Giwrgos_77

BMW other

racelogic traction

Post by Giwrgos_77 »

Do you still have it? If yew please tell me if it is in perfect working order and the total cost including postage to Athens Greece. Contact me at: gk.scooters@gmail.com

Best Regards

George