Hoops and associated plastic bits wanted please

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Mr B

Not specified

Hoops and associated plastic bits wanted please

Post by Mr B »

hi, looking to buy a set of roll bar hoops and the plastic panel bits required to fit into a non oem roll bar zed

Mr B
Cloz

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Cloz »

Hi Mr B
I can't find the year of your Zed but remember it is very difficult to retrofit roll bar hoops on Zed made before 1/97. Not impossible but......it is not an easy task.
Mr B

Not specified

Post by Mr B »

the car is a nov 1997 - if that helps?

nuts and bolts, drilling etc i can do, its knowing why that i dont understand LOL
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

All nuts and bolts and no drilling. Your car will have both the outer tube with its predrilled bolt holes and the predrilled holes for the inner mounts as well. You just need the bits - a comprehensive list is given in the knowledgebase, but if you are buying a complete set from a scrappy, then it should come with more bits than you need. :wink:

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
groove65

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by groove65 »

Try Marc at hills BMW breakers - thats where i got my set. ordered on wednesday and arrived on friday in a huuuge box

good service from those guys

should set you back about £325 all in i reckon
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

See this thread for a guide
http://www.mz3.net/articles/228.html
Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.
Mr B

Not specified

Post by Mr B »

groove65 wrote:Try Marc at hills BMW breakers - thats where i got my set. ordered on wednesday and arrived on friday in a huuuge box

good service from those guys

should set you back about £325 all in i reckon

and i think you got his last set!! he hasnt got any now!!! thanks mate!

seriously, joking aside, i am looking for a set if anyone sees any etc for sale (inc plastic trims/rear box compartment etc in black) please consider giving me a shout

dave
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

Very few members sell up, maybe 1 or 2 sets in 3 years. But if you are looking for a cream set, then best brew some coffee, as it could be a long wait.
Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.
groove65

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by groove65 »

There is a set on ebay right now - think i posted the link up on another thread.

just keep phoning the breakers - all of them every 3 days and you might find a set that way.

thats what i had to do
Mr B

Not specified

hoops

Post by Mr B »

the ones on ebay are only the hoops, not the full kit and kaboodle that i need!

thanks anyway

dave
groove65

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by groove65 »

You might need to get it all piecemeal - that might be faster than waiting on a breakers who might not even have everything anyway.