Inboard roll hoop mounts wanted

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
silver roadster

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by silver roadster »

can anyone help
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

How much are you prepared to pay? They are only about £65 each from the $tealer. It is some of the trim parts that are expensive.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
silver roadster

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by silver roadster »

thanks i have all the trim just need the mounts
groove65

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by groove65 »

i would have thought that it would be a $tealer route for these. at £130 for the pair its decent value and i would imagine anyone with the mounts would want to sell the whole kit as a complete conversion ?

might be wrong tho - someone was potentially scrapping a 'zed that had rollhoops on here and they might be persuaded to part with them, unless they have already done a deal for the whole rollhoop set
Mr B

Not specified

mounts

Post by Mr B »

even at £65 each, i reckon a decent fabrication shop could make something similar for a LOT les, its only a couple of plates with holes in, welded together and a tube for the posts to drop into

ps - yes i know its prob a bit more copmplicated than that, but surely its not that difficult to fabricate, especially if you can weld yourself!!

if only ......
Mr B

Not specified

mounts

Post by Mr B »

duplicate post
Last edited by Mr B on Sun 16 May, 2010 09:34, edited 2 times in total.
groove65

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by groove65 »

hmmm not convinced - you would need one to make a pattern from anyway.

they are pretty substantial and i wouldnt like to be the one trying to make the folds in the steel and get the bend radius just right on the plates.

let alone getting the screw plates on to the inner mount tube.
-------------------------------------

1998 Z3 1.9 in Arctic Silver..... maybe i should change my screen name to Chilly !!