Halfords 2 for 1 all cleaning products

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Halfords 2 for 1 all cleaning products

Post by Jonttt »

Halfords have a 2 for 1 on all their cleaning products (so even better than their "normal" 3 for 2 :wink: )

I picked up some mcguires tire gel but it would not scan and they could not find it on their system so they threw it in the bag and asked me to pick something else, so I got 3 for 1 (can't complain at that :D )
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Jamezee

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Jamezee »

:D Oh dear, I have got to go there tomorrow for some Autosol, my pipes are a disgrace as you may have seen on Sunday.
marcusplowman

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by marcusplowman »

Dam I bought stuff a few weeks ago at 3 for 2...must get more stuff later today then :) cheers
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Halfords 2 for 1 all cleaning products

Post by gookah »

Jonttt wrote:
I picked up some mcguires tire gel but it would not scan and they could not find it on their system so they threw it in the bag
bags cost 2p at our Halfords.
I chose to carry it all in my arms instead, didn't want to spoil today's bargain BOGOF offer..
Called for reinforcements, got my son there to fill his boot with stuff too. :D :D

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
321bhp

Not specified

Post by 321bhp »

as i just got the new galaxy to taxi with i went in there yesterday to get all the cleaning stuff for the galaxy for the next few months so i saved a packet jubbly
freds dad

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by freds dad »

Ive just bought 2 Autoglym claying kits for £27 and will return tomorrow when I have done a stock check in the garage and the wife is at work :wink:
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

:thumb:
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Halfords 2 for 1 all cleaning products

Post by g8jka »

gookah wrote:Called for reinforcements, got my son there to fill his boot with stuff too. :D :D
Its just a shame that the boot on zed's are so small otherwise we could have cleared the shelves. Hope the offer stays on for a while, I think were getting a little short on cleaning products :D
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal
marcusplowman

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by marcusplowman »

Stopped at 1 Hellfrauds yesterday evening after my MOT and there was very little cleaning stuff left...loads of Autoglym SRP and wheel cleaner but very little of anything else! I did get the leather cleaner and another tyre sheen tho! Going to try a few of the other local stores today! Theres at least 3 within a 5 mile radius of me :D
Dakeyras

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Dakeyras »

I've already been a regular of late in halfords but this might take me back. No harm in having a stockpile!
motco

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Soft Top Cleaning Kit

Post by motco »

Because you get the cheaper item free, it makes sense to buy two at the same price, so I bought a couple of Autoglym soft top cleaning kits at £19.99 for the pair. :) Bound to get used up with the birds around here having chronic diarrhoea. :?
freds dad

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by freds dad »

I ordered my clay kits online and it gives you an option of which store to collect from. It saves a wasted journey if you are going for something specific.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Tip: try the mcguires tyre gel. It did not come up as a stock item on the Warrington branches system and so they just threw it in my bag for free :D
Alfie
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Alfie »

:D Thanks for the heads-up Jon.

I just bought £85 worth of gear which cost £44, and I had a voucher worth £20. So I actually spent just 24 quids...!

They were low on Mequires stuff but they're getting another delivery tomorrow, so I'll just have to pop back again... 8-)

A tip to get the best value: Because you get the cheapest item free, buy your stuff in several transactions if you need to, matching up items of a similar price in each purchase.

A.
Dakeyras

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Dakeyras »

a word of warning :head:

decided to invest in some Autoglym HD wax as a 2 for 1, just checked them now and one is empty. Will have to mosey back in tomorrow and have a bit of a barney with them. Some sneaky fella off with some free HD wax, now hopefully I don't get stung for it!

So no harm in checking all the bits are accounted for before leaving the shop! we live and learn :oops:
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

Just stocked up with McGuires - glad I spotted this thread as I've just saved £53 on the stuff I normally use. Thanks Jonttt for the info.
I suppose I may even have to do The Navigators (Marise's) car as well.
:D
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

It is a great deal from them, I only found out by chance as I had 30 mins to kill whilst waiting for my refurbed wheels and there was one down the road :D
HPFirenza

Z3 roadster 1.9

Halfords

Post by HPFirenza »

Hi all, Went down to Halfords today. Wanted 2 Meguiars Clay Kits only one on shelf, they said they were out of stock but it was the same for all products around the £25.00 mark. So went back to office and ordered 2 kits on line no problem THEY LIED I think they want you to buy a cheaper product as your second item. Just need to go and collect now.
TaffZee

blank

Post by TaffZee »

Just for info, tried to order 2 autoglym clay kits, local store showed 0 stock, but when I ordered one they showed in stock. so reserved 2 on seperate orders for collection.
HPFirenza

Z3 roadster 1.9

Halfords

Post by HPFirenza »

Hi again, Went down to pick up 2 Megs kits, only one in stock so would have to choose something else, said i wasn't happy and could i pay for this and pick other up at later date, sorry she said she couldn't do that as wasn't shure when next delivery due or if offer would still be on. I stood my ground said i had travelled 12 miles to pick items up and that they should honour agreement, she had to talk to someone else, came back with two boxes, said they had just come in. RESULT
uk86ze

M roadster S50

Post by uk86ze »

i picked my 2 up so decided to open 1 box up just to check.
the clay bar is missing :head:
the 2nd box is ok so went in to return and they dont have anymore in stock so i just picked up some hood cleaner instead.
People are nicking the clay bars out of them so be sure to check.
swamper

M roadster S50

Post by swamper »

went into halfords today and out of 5 clay kits....3 off them had the clay nicked out of them :lol:
the badness makes me do it...!

gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

so was it the badness that made you do it? :D

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
drdrake

Z3 roadster 2.0

clay thief

Post by drdrake »

out of my 2 clay bars - one was missing and the other had been used and squezed back in the packet with the hand prints on!!!

when i clayed my car im sure it added scratches!!

the 2nd option i went for is the liquid clay ICE - which is a polish which is supposed to have clay in it but im not impressed, anyone else used this
swamper

M roadster S50

Post by swamper »

gookah wrote:so was it the badness that made you do it? :D
pmsl....very quick :thumb:
the badness makes me do it...!