My Z3 just died :(

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
BenZ3-2.0

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by BenZ3-2.0 »

could see this happening a mile off. Said from the begining i bet it was only a small fault.

The price is far too high anyway, but not in code with the Forum ethos imo. But hey its a recession out there and they have not broken any laws!!
J

Z3 roadster 1.8

Post by J »

Hi everyone,
I have only seen this just now, quite confusing to see the car like this. I'm sure it won't be sold for this price, though.
Whatever happened afterwards, the fact is that I had a car that was not working and I was quoted 6000 pounds to have it repaired.
The main issue at the time was that I couldn't keep it on the street in Brixton and BMW wanted to scrap it. It was such a relief not to have it scrapped, so money has never been the primary issue. I have no idea how much labour would have gone into fixing it and how much money that would be.
Despite the money issue, I am still very happy to see that the car is working again. I still miss my litte Z so much, and I wish there had been more time to find a better solution.
Kind regards,
Judith
OXO

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by OXO »

Someone will ask anyway, so it might as well be me..

How much did they pay you for it?
CMullins

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by CMullins »

J wrote:Hi everyone,
I have only seen this just now, quite confusing to see the car like this. I'm sure it won't be sold for this price, though.
Whatever happened afterwards, the fact is that I had a car that was not working and I was quoted 6000 pounds to have it repaired.
The main issue at the time was that I couldn't keep it on the street in Brixton and BMW wanted to scrap it. It was such a relief not to have it scrapped, so money has never been the primary issue. I have no idea how much labour would have gone into fixing it and how much money that would be.
Despite the money issue, I am still very happy to see that the car is working again. I still miss my litte Z so much, and I wish there had been more time to find a better solution.
Kind regards,
Judith
I appreciate you are pleased to see it up and running again but this is not right. I felt when you said a forum user had taken it, that it would be kept in the club/forum and used, loved and cherished by an enthusiast not picked up by someone to make a quick few quid.
Courageous

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Courageous »

CMullins hits the nail on the head.

I'm going to climb down on this now as I've had a few chats with Judith and she's shown how lovely she is in being so magnanamous. If she's happy then far be it for me to have any feelings to the contrary.

Welcome Judith and let's all hope that this is the beginning of a much better period of your life!

Enjoy the 4!
In the land of the pigs the butcher is king.
BonBon

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BonBon »

They also held onto the mesh wind deflector to sell separately :wink:

Crooked.......shady......... or good business?

:devil: ............... :nono.................. :thumb:
Tori

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Tori »

Well it wasnt me. We could not get down there in time to secure the car, we were hoping to fix this and keep it at my parents villa in spain.

I was looking forward to having two turquoise Z3's in my banner, I was stunned when I saw the e bay ad :shock:
Now for sale £6000 Ono
indy

M coupe S50

Post by indy »

i dont see the problem! the car was gonna get scrapped, someone bought it, fixed it, and is now selling it.

better than it going in the scrapper isnt it?

id have done the same thing if i had the space for it :)
J

Z3 roadster 1.8

Post by J »

I haven't asked for more money than BMW offered me. Maybe I have been very naive, but I still feel somewhat relived my old Z is still around. If the forum member who bought it indeed makes a big profit (after taking into account the recovery and labour etc) I would suggest to him to make a little donation to a charity, e.g. http://www.brake.org.uk/about-brake

Judith
DC

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by DC »

indy wrote:i dont see the problem!
I think a lot of us do, best of luck buying and selling on here in the future.
I'll second Courageous, welcome Judith, put all this behind you and enjoy your new car.
Dave. 1998 Arctic Silver Z3 M44 1.9 Automatic
Courageous

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Courageous »

A worthy charity indeed Judith.
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Before I start - IT WASN'T ME, but

I've been in a similar situation in the past. A friend had a car that was (as far as he was concerned) knackered. I offered to fix it, but he insisted that it wasn't worth the effort, but said I would buy it for £100.

I paid the money and took on all the risk of throwing money and time at the project.

I got the car up and running for another £150, but it would have been £1000s if I had to pay for labour. I stripped the gearbox to replace baulk rings and did some other serious surgery.

It was all at my risk.

My mate was more than happy with the original £100. He was really impressed with what I did and bought the car back for £500.

Everybody was happy :D .

If he hadn't bought it someone else would have.
Pingu
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

Hi Judith

I feel that others have said all that really needs saying about what has happened and I am impressed with your response to the situation so to happier things:

What Z4 did you get?
How are finding it?
Any pictures?

Happy Zedding :D'
Hers: Z4 2.0i Sp --------------------- His: Z3 2.8
Courageous

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Courageous »

I have to take issue with that assumption Pingu.

There were several offers of "Help". In my book that constitutes anything from advice and guidance through to taking on the project and agreeing to perform the labour free of charge.

There are charitable individuals out there.

I have a colleague at work who is in a bind. She has a RAV4 and had an unfortunate incident requiring a replacement door and mirror. I am in the process of sourcing the parts required in the uk and arranging for them to be shipped down to me in spain for me to take the few hours to fit. Total cost to colleague for fitting - zippo!

I've played this game several times before with different projects.

Anyhow, as I mentioned, it's all academic now as Judith is content.
BristolZ3

Z3 roadster 2.8

optimistic...

Post by BristolZ3 »

I know it's a lovely colour but nearly 5K for a 150 000 mile LHD 1.8? Is this not a tiny bit unrealistic?
post facelift 2.8 roadtser 2000 (W) titanium silver
Ci

Z3 roadster 1.9

my Z3 just died

Post by Ci »

I only read this thred yesterday 6/8 and it left me angry and ashamed. Angry that whoever bought this car and the dealer who is selling are so greedy, disgraceful. And ashamed that I, and whoever contributed to this thred, did not offer to help in getting this little Z back on the road. Brixton is not a place for a sick car. Nowhere to park it and the 'shark' BMW dealers in Vauxhall and Wimbledon are only interested in the power dressers, expense accounts and latest registration cars.
My garage forcourt could have housed this car, I know an independent auto electrician in Blandford whose father has a Z3 and wouldn't have ripped her off. One of you could have recommended a flat bed transporter to bring it down to Dorset and she'd have been in business.
Sorry and perhaps we can be of more help next time. Ci :evil: