C/F BMW badge Group Buy UPDATE

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
w4tkins

Z3 roadster 2.0

C/F BMW badge Group Buy UPDATE

Post by w4tkins »

As per my other thread I have conntacted another ebay seller that was recomened to me buy Hang_em_High. He has said:
Dear w4tkins,

Hi Rob, yes I still supply the Carbon badges for BMW's. I was kindly asked to remove my listings from eBay by BMW due to a trademark breach - I am pretty sure the Z3 also needs a 78mm for the boot? I can supply the complete set (5 badges + complete wheel caps) for just £88 per set (1-4 sets) or £85 for 5+ sets or £82 for 10+ sets. Just let me know your requirements along with your email for the Paypal request. I can also supply my PDF accessories catalogues to any member who would like 1. They just need to request one from me at:
ianrclifton1234 @ aol . com
this is all 1 word with no spaces, best regards, Ian

- ian5718
I am led to believe that for a non ///M Z3 we need:

2x 82mm bonnet badge/boot badge
2x 78mm side gill badges
1x steering wheels badge
4x wheel caps.

I have checked with RealOEM about the above sizes. Please could I ask someone to humour me and measure their badges. I need to conferm that the bonnet and boot bage are 82mm and the side gills have a 78mm badge.I will go out later and measure the wheel centre caps but if someone else could also confirm the size of them too please.

I will PM Hang_em_High to confirm the quality of this seller and his items and request a few pics. I say this as I dont want to recomend a poor quality item to others.

My plan is to get a list of interested menbers and foward their names to the ebay seller with a link to this thread to confirm the price. Then everyone can order their badge set individually in the following format:

Name: (e.g. John smith)
Forum name : (e.g. zedder)
A full list of items required (to ensure you get the right stuff)
Your home address.

And finally pay by pay pal.

I can forward a PDF file of Ian's catalogue if you pm me as he offers a large range of BMW/AC/Hartge items:

PLEAE BE AWARE< THE SELLER I POSTED ON MY OTHER THREAD WITH THE BMW PART NUMBERS ON THEM IS NOT THE SELLER I HAVE CHOSE TO USE ON THIS GROUP BUY. I HAVE CHOSE TO USE THIS ONE AS HE WAS RECOMENDED BY A FELLOW FORUM MEMBER

Thanks for looking

w4tkins :thumb:
Last edited by w4tkins on Wed 01 Sep, 2010 16:16, edited 3 times in total.
Image My Journal
Favourite Quotes:
Rob Tan wrote: The Z3. Purely medicinal.
TREGZY wrote:''Ive seen the way you drive.....you got a heavy foot''
VikingSven

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by VikingSven »

PM sent.
I wonder if I can figure out a way to mount these 82mm bonnet badges on wheel hub centre caps - the Breyton wheels I have take 82mm caps, and currently using some cheap stick on vinyl badges, so they'd look much better with decent badges on.
marcusplowman

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by marcusplowman »

I would be interested in the bonnet, boot, 2 side grille, and steering wheel badges but not the wheel badges. Any idea of the costs yet?
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

pm sent for copy of catalogue please :thumb:
Image...........No Mods...... I like him just the way he is
zedder3

blank

Post by zedder3 »

Just to add my two penneth - i've bought from this seller, I got new standard badges. They are excellent quality and service and communication was good too
No zed at the moment but always on the lookout!
w4tkins

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by w4tkins »

marcusplowman wrote:I would be interested in the bonnet, boot, 2 side grille, and steering wheel badges but not the wheel badges. Any idea of the costs yet?
I am just after names to secure a price according to numers and then I am sure you can discuss individual requirments with the seller. In my first post depending on how many people a full kit would be between 82-88 for all the badges. I would assume if you where to take off the wheel caps it would be about 50 quid???
zedder3 wrote:Just to add my two penneth - i've bought from this seller, I got new standard badges. They are excellent quality and service and communication was good too
:thumb:

Thanks for the input zedder3, its nice to know there are other happy customers and now I feel a little more at ease. Cheer mate
Image My Journal
Favourite Quotes:
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

marcusplowman wrote:I would be interested in the bonnet, boot, 2 side grille, and steering wheel badges but not the wheel badges.
+1
spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by spurs fan in a coupe »

I ordered by Carbon badges privately off ebay from autotec.eu.

They are great, but still struggling to get a boor badge that fits right on my Coupe.

First I was sent one the same size as the side grills but that is just a bit too big then they sent a sticker that was the right size but i'm after a real badge to replace the one that is there.

Here are a few sneaky pics

If you know the right size I want and can get a real badge then let me know.

w4tkins

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by w4tkins »

UPDATE

I gave the seller the link to this post asking about the wheel centre caps. He supplys the standard and the new style.

Here is his reply:
Hi, I have quoted for the standard grey plastic wheel caps but can easily up-grade to the new Chromed version for just £3 more per order based on 5+ orders. Thanks for the forum link - looks like some keen interest. Just from my brief visit, I think I can help members who have the Z3M as it needs the curved 88mm boot badge that I also supply in matching Carbon. Another member has Breyton alloys - I also supply matching 80mm carbon badges (adhesive) for these. Black or Chrome or Carbon effect direct replacement grills also available

I have attached a scanned copy of the 3 most popular wheel cap versions (for original BMW wheels). A visual reference will confirm what set corresponds to the existing set - If the rear of the existing cap looks the same then it will fit. They all measure approx 68mm across the face but the rear clip pattern is what's important - hope this helps, best regards

New chrome style:

Hope this I would say you would need to inspect your current centres and find the ones the sellers does that match. Hope this helps

I think the quality look OEM :shock:

Image My Journal
Favourite Quotes:
BenZ3-2.0

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by BenZ3-2.0 »

It is worth noting if you have replica wheels the 70mm whell badges will not fit. I have tried a couple if times to get the right ones.

If he supplies the smaller wheel badges for rep wheels im in.

Need some that measure 68mm across the back.
CMullins

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by CMullins »

Depending on price, id be interested in all badges, Front, Back, Gills and wheel caps.

Chris
VikingSven

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by VikingSven »

I know you've got my PM, but just to keep everything in one place:
I'd like the Blue CF front, rear and steering wheel badges, and 4 80mm blue CF badges to fit the Breyton center caps.
w4tkins

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by w4tkins »

I have contacted the seller due a large amount of veritity required. He has come back with this for zroadster members:

Genuine Carbon Black 82mm / 78mm = £12 each
" " " 45mm Steering badge = £8 each
" " " Complete OEM Grey Wheel Caps £30 per set
" " " Complete Chrome Wheel Caps £35 per set

Genuine Carbon Blue 82mm / 78mm = £15 each
" " " 45mm Steering Badge = £8 each
" " " Complete OEM grey wheel caps £30 per set.

FREE delivery on any order for your members

I can pm you his email for you to request and pay for your items via paypal.

I am sure as well he can supply 80mm stick on badges for the breyton wheel caps :wink: I will get a price for them. I hope this is of some help as I have just ordered mine :D

Any problems lease PM me

Image My Journal
Favourite Quotes:
Acousticplayer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Acousticplayer »

Hi all. Could I ressurect this post and ask if the carbon fibre badges are still available or if anybody could point me in the direction of the supplier you used. Many thanks.
spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by spurs fan in a coupe »

If you do get any where I would love a CF rear boot badge for my Z3 Coupe
we expres: " He did hear the bells ringing, but doesnt know where where the clapper hangs".