Totally Immaculate Z3M

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
hornel Z3M

blank

Totally Immaculate Z3M

Post by hornel Z3M »

Hi Folks. Has anyone on here been to see the Z3m advertised on e-bay.
Its in Mansfield, and a private sale no a bidded item.
freds dad

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by freds dad »

Link required
Canman

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Canman »

do you have a link ?

Please help. The money will go to a good cause. email me for the link to my fundraising page.
hornel Z3M

blank

link

Post by hornel Z3M »

If you type in Totally immaculate Z3M in search you will get it in first couple of threads as jonttt did.
GazHyde

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by GazHyde »

Clicky

This the one?
Canman

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Canman »

it says there is a deposit paid and reserved for ' Paul ' :!:

Please help. The money will go to a good cause. email me for the link to my fundraising page.
hornel Z3M

blank

z3m

Post by hornel Z3M »

Thats the one Gazhyde. And Canman nothing gets past you does it. :shock:
Desiro

M roadster S50

Post by Desiro »

It's 3k too much.

nuff said
hornel Z3M

blank

Z3m

Post by hornel Z3M »

With that milege, i think you must be on something.
Desiro

M roadster S50

Post by Desiro »

Ok I was a bit tough but it's not worth what he's asking.

I paid £8250 for mine ( it's not immaculate) about a year ago with 29k recorded mileage.
hornel Z3M

blank

Z3m

Post by hornel Z3M »

Hi desiro. What does not immaculate mean.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

That ones been up for sale for quite some time :|

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
hornel Z3M

blank

z3m

Post by hornel Z3M »

Hi TitanTim.
Does anyone know of a reson why it my not have sold... Come on boys we are supposed to help each other
Desiro

M roadster S50

Re: Z3m

Post by Desiro »

hornel wrote:Hi desiro. What does not immaculate mean.
Difficult really I would be very hard pressed to call any car immaculate... even my 6 month old daily driver has a stone chip on the bonnet.

I just dont the phrases people use when selling thier pride and joy.
First to see will buy
Immaculate
best in the country
and worse still
minter
fully loaded
etc. etc.
I could go on for ever
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Re: z3m

Post by TitanTim »

hornel wrote:Hi TitanTim.
Does anyone know of a reson why it my not have sold... Come on boys we are supposed to help each other
Its been on e-bay a while, I think it may have been taken off and then re-listed. No idea why it hasn't sold price maybe although if its a good one then 10k isn't alot really for what your getting :lol:

I paid 10995 for mine 2 years ago :head: :head: :shock:

Tim.
hornel Z3M

blank

Z3m

Post by hornel Z3M »

Sounds like you have been on the wrong end of a deal then. I would think if for example Jonttt put his up for sale he would put immaculate or first to see will buy, or full spec. There are nice cars around that people have cherished and i know because i just sold one.
Desiro

M roadster S50

Post by Desiro »

Hi hornel
I will not get into tit for tat exchanges.

The only way to know for sure if it is worth thre money is to go and have a look, armed with the buyers guide from here :rtm:

Then if your'e happy :D
buy it

good luck
Canman

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Canman »

but you'll have to fight ' paul ' if you want it as he has paid a deposit :D
great looking Zed M though :roll:

hornel Z3M

blank

z3m

Post by hornel Z3M »

The reason i am concerned for it is that I`m Paul :)
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

hornel wrote:The reason i am concerned for it is that I`m Paul :)
Have you been to see the Zed? the only way you will know is to go have a look see and have a drive. Do the usual checks, boot floor/history etc etc and decide for yourself if you think its worth the asking money.

:oops: Sorry if you have paid a deposit then I guess you have seen it :oops:

Personally if it really is immaculate and it all stacks up and the mileage genuine then make an offer but not a silly one. I would always stretch and pay more for goodun than something thats rough and going for not that much less.

Tim.
TheCaptain23

M roadster S50

Post by TheCaptain23 »

Purchase mine!!!!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1424646

€7,500 euro!!
siwilson

M roadster S54

Post by siwilson »

It hasn't sold becaue it isn't worth that money to those wanting to buy one and have have looked at it. Simple!

Things are only really worth what people are prepared to pay for them.

Nice example though.
hornel Z3M

blank

Post by hornel Z3M »

Yes you could be right siwilson, do you know anyone that has seen it though. Hi TitanTim, I am going to see it net Saturday its a long trip but hope fully worth it. I suppose the boot welds and vanos are the main problems to look for but the guy said it is perfect, no scratches and previously owned by a very picky guy.
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Desiro wrote:It's 3k too much.

nuff said
No offense but I think thats a silly statement.

This isnt your average punto where you have 1000's to choose from. With a rare car with its age/high original value a couple of grand in each direction is completely acceptable. In most cases you get what you pay for, there will be cheap low mileage ones out there but chances are to get it in 'as' good condition you will need to spend far more on it than just buying a well looked after car in the first place. If that car is in good condition its most certainly worth 10.9K and i think the majority of people would agree.

Well done for getting a car with that mileage for 8250 but that doesnt mean THATS the value of an M roadster plus the market on these cars has definately gone up in the last 6 months. There are so many factors which contribute to price besides mileage: Color combination (would that grey S54 still be for sale for over a month if it had red interior? no chance because I personally would have bought it!), Previous Owners, work carried out: VANOS? Boot Welds? Paint Condition, interior condition, location (cheaper oop north), Tax, time of year?, what else is on the market at the time etc...

It wasnt so long ago a red s50 sold in a matter of weeks for 18k!!

I've kept an eye on the M market for over 3 years now and prices have gone up and down considerably. Recently the second hand car market has definately got stronger or the roadster is getting more demand..prices have gone up

I may have a biased view since I am currently selling but like siwilson said a car is worth what someone will pay for it and s50's ARE selling for that price:

A private sale at 10.9k sold: http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1891066.htm
Last edited by shantybeater on Sun 12 Sep, 2010 16:29, edited 3 times in total.
Progress Thread:http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32&t=36117
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi
hornel Z3M

blank

Z3m

Post by hornel Z3M »

Hooray. I knew there was someone on here who would make a statement, and very good too. I am looking forward to seeing the car and only the other day i went to see a one owner 2.8 10 yr old Z3 lady owner and always garaged, to my surprise and dismay it was a terrible state dings, scratches so deep you colud see the metal, a slight rattle when she started it, and she would not go below £5k so i think in this instance the Z3M could be a good deal.... Will obviously let you all know..
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Best of luck :thumb: get some photos up when she arrives!
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi
OXO

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by OXO »

So why is the one in Ireland not selling at £6k, yet you think the one in this thread is worth nearly £11k.

As far as I can see the Irish one is immaculate and well looked after. AND it's a year newer..
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Maybe because it's in Ireland? I dont know! What's that really got to do with anything? We know nothing about that car or the circumstances! have you viewed it? Please read my previous post, alot of factors determine price and that's why they can fluctuate so much

I have to say I do feel sorry for the chap selling since it seems silly cheap, if I were him I'd just list it on eBay with no reserve at 99p he will probably get more that way

Fact is this car IS worth 11k since its now sold.
hornel Z3M

blank

z3m

Post by hornel Z3M »

I like you shantybeater, you will be the first to see the pics. Cheers mate
Last edited by hornel Z3M on Sun 12 Sep, 2010 17:49, edited 1 time in total.
TheCaptain23

M roadster S50

Post by TheCaptain23 »

Don't feel sorry for me - the car is worth what you can get back for it. I want 7500 euro for the car. Yes it does need money spent to make it 100% concours condition or showroom but it by no means any money spent to be used daily.

The car is mint, has loads of BMW history and is mechanically sound - for the price I'm asking it's a complete bargain.

I feel more sorry for people trying to justify a much greater value on these cars than simply seeing a bargain and jumping at it!?!?
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Well best of luck with the sale thecaptain23, perhaps you can take a week off and bring it to the mainland, you'd undoubtedly get more interest :thumb:
Last edited by shantybeater on Sun 12 Sep, 2010 18:03, edited 3 times in total.
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

hornel wrote:I like you shantybeater, you will be the first to see the pics. Cheers mate
I look forward to it! 8-)
TheCaptain23

M roadster S50

Post by TheCaptain23 »

shantybeater wrote:Well best of luck with the sale thecaptain23, perhaps you can take a week off and bring it to the mainland, you'd undoubtedly get more interest :thumb:
Thanks!

Wont be bringing the car to the UK though, i will ad buyers expense - in fairness the cost of a flight these days is for buttons and once all prior questions are asked and answered correctly and honestly traveling has never been a problem of mine - especially to get a bargain.

:)
Desiro

M roadster S50

Post by Desiro »

shantybeater wrote:
Desiro wrote:It's 3k too much.

nuff said
No offense but I think thats a silly statement.

This isnt your average punto where you have 1000's to choose from. With a rare car with its age/high original value a couple of grand in each direction is completely acceptable. In most cases you get what you pay for, there will be cheap low mileage ones out there but chances are to get it in 'as' good condition you will need to spend far more on it than just buying a well looked after car in the first place. If that car is in good condition its most certainly worth 10.9K and i think the majority of people would agree.

Well done for getting a car with that mileage for 8250 but that doesnt mean THATS the value of an M roadster plus the market on these cars has definately gone up in the last 6 months. There are so many factors which contribute to price besides mileage: Color combination (would that grey S54 still be for sale for over a month if it had red interior? no chance because I personally would have bought it!), Previous Owners, work carried out: VANOS? Boot Welds? Paint Condition, interior condition, location (cheaper oop north), Tax, time of year?, what else is on the market at the time etc...

It wasnt so long ago a red s50 sold in a matter of weeks for 18k!!

I've kept an eye on the M market for over 3 years now and prices have gone up and down considerably. Recently the second hand car market has definately got stronger or the roadster is getting more demand..prices have gone up

I may have a biased view since I am currently selling but like siwilson said a car is worth what someone will pay for it and s50's ARE selling for that price:

A private sale at 10.9k sold: http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1891066.htm
No offense taken, but whilst we are quoting old PH ads

there is a guy on here has just bought a 2002 S54 with full service history and 45000 miles recorded for £10,500 :wink:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2040618.htm
hornel Z3M

blank

z3m

Post by hornel Z3M »

ooooooohhhhhhhhh nasty :twisted:
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Well played desiro ;) there are always bargains to be had!

It's not perfect though, the wing has a massive dent where I can only assume someones ridden the kerb and it's in the high risk group for bearing shell failures so fingers crossed it doesn't blow up on the way home!!

I still stand by what I said though, if the car looks good hornel then take it :) If not maybe pop over to Ireland haha ;)

Best of luck either way
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

On the face of it, the car does seem a to be priced at the thick end for a '98 car.

That said, I'm inclined to agree that a car is worth what someone is prepared to pay, good fortune to the seller for valuing his car so highly, it's what has set this car apart from the others for sale.

When mine has its pampering next year, I would ask top money if it were for sale.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
hornel Z3M

blank

Thanks

Post by hornel Z3M »

Many thanks to all who joined in on the discussion, especially shantybeater and TitanTim for their valuable input. I am seeing the car Saturday morning armed with all you have pointed out about the failings of the Z3M Roadster. The only thing i am worried about is i have never heard the sound of the Z3M so will be a bit concerned if it doesnt sound like the z3 i just sold. That was sweet but 1.9 , so i assume there is a vast difference. :?: :rtm: But will let you all know Saturday evening so stay in 8-)
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Good luck ! :thumb: I cant help with the noise difference since i've never driven a 1.9!
Althulas

M roadster S50

Post by Althulas »

After warming it up ie temp above 60, 90 even better though and then give it a squirt. The howl from 4000 rpm to just over 6000 rpm is so sweet but remember to change up, I also love the exhaust note while cruising along at 1500 rpm.

Just pay particular attention to those boot welds, the potential issues and just remember to check everything works, good luck with the viewing.
If you like gaming with mature minded players visit our retirement home http://www.oap-clan.co.uk/
ImageImage
hornel Z3M

blank

Z3m

Post by hornel Z3M »

Thanks Althulus. Will keep that in mind and let you know how it went. 8-)
I suppose its not going to sound like a Mondeo, after all its a sports car.
PERRIN Z3M

M roadster S50

Post by PERRIN Z3M »

When I first drove mine I thought and some times still do feel its quite sluggish but when you get used to where the power comes in and when to change up or down it feels alive.

Steve
hornel Z3M

blank

Z3m

Post by hornel Z3M »

Thanks Perrin. That will be very helpful as the 1.9 z3 i had was quite brisk, i am just concened with the sound, its like, is it supposed to sound like that, or should that be rattling :roll: does the simota make a difference to the sound and speed???
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

The Simota does make a difference to both the sound and "freeness" of revving but you have to be pretty familiar with the engine to notice :wink:

Make sure you test drive the car from cold (pre warn them that you do not want a wamred up engine before you arrive :wink: ).

To test the VANOS rev to 2.5k and let idle, you will know if its growling as it will sound aweful.

The best test though is get it in 3rd on the right road and keep pressing the go faster pedal past 5k revs, the car should keep pushing you forward right through to the red line in a scarily relentless way :D
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
hornel Z3M

blank

Z3m

Post by hornel Z3M »

Thanks for all that great info Jonttt. Will write down all you have said and as i have to ring the guy in the morning to confirm i am on the way i will suggest for him not to pre start the engine :twisted: Will let you know tomorrow night.
PERRIN Z3M

M roadster S50

Post by PERRIN Z3M »

Good luck Hornel look forward to hearing what you think of the car.

I have a set of Eisenmann exhausts on my car so it is noisey anyway but when I put the Simota on it was louder but in a more deep way, it does not sound like it is sucking in like a K&N filter its much deeper.

Jonttt what other results would you be looking for ie if the vanos was faulty would it run out of power at 5k.
steve
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

I never driven one with a noisy VANOS (but I did here one at Tatton last year that was really bad) but I believe it does not noticibly affect power, just more of a real annoyance as it sounds so bad.

There is a current thread on the coupe forum with soundclips of a bad one and again after it was replaced:

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10393
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Faulty vanos will be very noticeable, the issue is not with the growl but the seals which degrade and lead to solenoid failure. This leaves the car:
-lumpy at idle
-very laggy
-no power low down the revs to the point where you can stall it
-a sudden pick up of power at around 3kish