Newbie Z Virgin here wants to become a Z hoe :o)

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Bill-

blank.gif

Newbie Z Virgin here wants to become a Z hoe :o)

Post by Bill- »

Newbie alert..

Hello all My name is....Bill..:)
Love the BMW Mark. have had a loaded E34 530 a few years back.
I replaced it with a VW Touran a totally reliable but souless car... now I want a Zed 8-)

One of my main concerns is petrol costs, i love driving & seem to rack up the miles (driving to southern spain in August)

Which one would you recommend? I fancy a 2.2 but cant find a good one.
I havent considered the 1.9 but have seen some superb examples on here
& there is always the 2 litre, a few on fleabay at present. and is the 2.8 a gass guzzler or hum along sipping gas at low revs
whats yr opinion please..

btw I posted this here, hope thats ok
billz

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by billz »

i have the 3.0 and at moment we are doing a run through France and Spain. We have just covered 1498 miles and used around £380. My digital fuel reader says i am doing around 31 mpg. Which for a 3.0 is prety good. We worked out manually and this is not far off. I have also done some spirited driving at times and believe i could of got it around 32/33mpg
bill
Image ImageImageUploaded with ImageShack.com
Z3 3.0 Sports Sold
Z4 3.0si Ruby Black with Champagne Leather and Piano Black Dash
GazHyde

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by GazHyde »

Hi Bill :wave

Engine size depends more on your driving style and how fast you want to go... The 6cylinders sound great and are really smooth to drive. I have a 2.0, and it goes well enough for me.

I've averaged around 27-28mpg in the last 15 months, and I don't think thats too bad at all. Thats over 6000miles, with 18" alloys and the roof down about 95% of that time.

Just remember whichever Zed you buy will put a huge smile on your face 8-)

Gary
Bill-

blank.gif

Post by Bill- »

Billz & Gaz hyde fantastic news, the Touran i have only returns 32 mpg & boy is it boring. Luckely I have a suzuki Hayabusa as well :twisted: Bill what year did they start making the 3 litre? me likes the idea of that one
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

Hi Bill.... welcome to the forum, good luck in your search and hold out for a good one... there are lots out there.

Follow THIS LINK for a full history ... happy reading.
Image...........No Mods...... I like him just the way he is
billz

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by billz »

I think the 3.0 was introduced 2000 if i am wrong some one will be alonge to correct me. Ours is a2001. They have come down quite a bit now and you can probably pick a good one up for between 5&6k
Bill
Image ImageImageUploaded with ImageShack.com
Z3 3.0 Sports Sold
Z4 3.0si Ruby Black with Champagne Leather and Piano Black Dash
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

billz wrote:i have the 3.0 and at moment we are doing a run through France and Spain. We have just covered 1498 miles and used around £380. My digital fuel reader says i am doing around 31 mpg. Which for a 3.0 is prety good. We worked out manually and this is not far off. I have also done some spirited driving at times and believe i could of got it around 32/33mpg
bill
Same MPG here for a 3.0. Getting between 30 - 32mpg. Delighted as I got 34 - 35mpg from my 1.9.
rgf

Not specified

Post by rgf »

Not exactly on your doorstep, but a very nice 2 litre for sale by a forum regular here:
http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... ight=ducks
Bill-

blank.gif

Post by Bill- »

snoops wrote:Hi Bill.... welcome to the forum, good luck in your search and hold out for a good one... there are lots out there.

Follow THIS LINK for a full history ... happy reading.
thanks snoops and everybody else I'm just starting here thanks fore the nice welcome