F/S 17" Hartge Design E - 3pc. split rims - SOLD

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Red Leader

BMW other

F/S 17" Hartge Design E - 3pc. split rims - SOLD

Post by Red Leader »

Set of four Hartge Design E 3 piece split rims. Made in Germany by Ronal. Hartge part number 36360880. Specs are 8.5Jx17H2 and et46. 8.98kg each according to wheelweights. Come with original 7mm hubcentric spacers taking the centrebore to 72.56mm. The only thing i'm not sure about is if the offset quoted is with or without the spacers? I think they are actually et53 and it's the spacers that make them et46 although it's possible they are et46 and the spacers make them et39? The spacers are specific to these wheels and came with them from new.

All wheels have tyres fitted but 3 are no good. The 1 good tyre is a nearly new 215 45 Nankang NSII Sport with 7mm.
The centres and centrecaps are in good condition. The dishes however all require a refurb/polish/diamond cut. They are all lightly curbed at the very edge with a lot of water marks and peeling lacquer (see next two pics)

£400 collected from Haslingden, Lancs. or can send by insured 48hr courier for £50.
Last edited by Red Leader on Tue 31 May, 2011 17:12, edited 1 time in total.
hornel Z3M

blank

z

Post by hornel Z3M »

Love to see the rest of the car if the wheels are that bad :shock:
Wolverine_1999

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Wolverine_1999 »

Ditto. I've never seen wheels in such bad nick.

You can't except to get £400, can you?
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Blimey lol :shock:

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Red Leader

BMW other

Post by Red Leader »

hornel Z3M wrote:Love to see the rest of the car if the wheels are that bad :shock:
I'll admit the lips look pretty manky but nothing a machine polish/diamond cut wouldn't fix. It's only cosmetic; they're not bent or buckled or got chunks missing out of them.
Wolverine_1999 wrote:Ditto. I've never seen wheels in such bad nick.

You can't except to get £400, can you?
Absolutely i can :| I've already turned down 2 offers of '£400 delivered' in the 3 days they're been advertised.

You obviously underestimate the amount of money in wheels of this type. Heck, i recently saw 4 centrecaps from a set of these go for £180 on the 'bay, and that was just the plastic centrecaps!
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

I love Design E's, if I had a spare £400 I'd be very tempted!

I bought a set brand new about 5 years ago, they were sealed in the original Hartge boxes, stamped June 1998. It was an incredibly lucky find, especially at just £600!

I stripped them apart and had the centres and barrels painted...

Added custom centre caps...

Had the front dishes mirror polished (to remove the dull lacquer finish)...

And custom made wider rear dishes from Germany...

These wheels would definitely make a great project, someone take up the challenge (save me the temptation!!)

Good luck with the sale, my old E36 shows just how great these wheels can look!

Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Wow, great find, you can't beat classic original rare wheels like these, I agree a great project for someone :thumb:
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
J1SUA

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by J1SUA »

Awesome wheels and OEM

Got a guy in mIddlesex that would do an excellent job refurbing them to look like new for about £400

So looking at a £800 project.
peterandjenny

Z3 roadster 2.8

love split rims

Post by peterandjenny »

love split rims, not the same but we have these on ours
expensive but if we ever sell the car, will sell the wheels on their own for what we paid for them, so works out as no cost rental!
Red Leader

BMW other

Post by Red Leader »

Thanks for the pics yalden. When i was googling for specs and info about these wheels the majority of it was from the build up of your set. £600 is phenomenal value for new ones! I think the RRP of a single wheel was not far off that. Deals like that don't come up very often.

I would say £100 per wheel would get these back to their former glory so definately a project for someone but if you keep them tidy they'll hold their value.
Red Leader

BMW other

Post by Red Leader »

Sold
Buz007

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Buz007 »

Yalden the wheels on that 3 series look amazing :shock:
''need I remind you 007, you have a licence to kill...not to break the traffic laws''