For Sale: Z3 3.0i Sport 2002

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
mooney

Z3 roadster 3.0i

For Sale: Z3 3.0i Sport 2002

Post by mooney »

Having bought a new (to me) car this weekend, I reluctantly put my Z3 up for sale.
This has bought a lot of smiles to our faces, especially on our 2000+ mile trip through Europe earlier this year.

Here is the link to the advert:

http://pistonheads.com/sales/3082122.htm

It's only when you put a car up for sale when you realise just how good it is.
I really hope it goes to a good home.
If I could justify keeping it I would, but as it is my daily driver, I have come to need the practicality of 4 seats.
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

Very nice looking zed, you will be on my list of people to ring when I finally sell the Jag. :wink:
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
mooney

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mooney »

Thanks. Good luk with the sale of your jag too
mooney

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mooney »

Havent seen to have had much interest...

what do people think to my price?
macca

Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

Post by macca »

mooney wrote:Havent seen to have had much interest...

what do people think to my price?
The price seems reasonable, unfortunately buyers are now few and far between. Maybe try dropping the price to 5,499 might help if you need to sell soon... :shrug
si-forks

Z3 roadster 1.9

car

Post by si-forks »

great looking car wish i had the money :) would you take a tenner a week :D good luck with the sale
E30 318 1988 Gone
E36 320 1992 Gone

E36 328 1995 write off

E39 525d M Sport 2003 Current
E37 Z3 M44B1.9 1997 Current
simonbud100

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by simonbud100 »

The market seems to be on stop at the moment, from what I see you can practically offer a good car for next to nothing, and still no takers.

It could be just a case of waiting for the right buyer to come along, if you are in no hurry to sell that is. :(
mooney

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mooney »

im not in too much of a hurry yet.

But the sale of the car is paying for my wedding, so i need to sell it by the time the suppliers are chasing me down for money! lol

I thought i had priced it at a safe level, but have only had one tiny enquiry from someone in Ireland and nothing since.

I have sold quite a few cars privatly over the last few years and none have taken longer than 2 weeks. (one was sold within 4 hours of putting it on the web, but that was just lucky i guess)

Whoever does buy it will end up getting a bargain as I will have to start dropping the price to get some takers at some point.
Cloz

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Cloz »

mooney wrote:But the sale of the car is paying for my wedding, so i need to sell it by the time the suppliers are chasing me down for money! lol
If it's not to much to ask what happen to the money of the dowry? :wink: :D
mooney

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mooney »

Cloz wrote:
mooney wrote:But the sale of the car is paying for my wedding, so i need to sell it by the time the suppliers are chasing me down for money! lol
If it's not to much to ask what happen to the money of the dowry? :wink: :D
It just so happens that I am the bride and although my parents offered to pay we refused. - Which is something I am starting to regret! (Although we have gracefully accepted for them to contribute towards honeymoon)
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

I paid just over £6500 for my 3.0i 2002 sport earlier this year and have convinced myself that it's still worth around the same, if not more.

Full service history, all receipts etc., and just 37,000 miles...

Looking at your Zed I think we'd compete for looks and condition so the question i'd ask would be....'is the price right for a similar car with an additional 50k on the clock?'
RemarkLima

M roadster S50

Post by RemarkLima »

Also, with any limited appeal car it can take some time... Also, not the best time to sell, ideally it's just before / after Christmas when all the bargain hunters (or those with forethought) are out for convertibles, or spring.

If you want decent money for it, then you may have to wait a while... With some real cheapies out there at the mo', the limited appeal is even more limited as then it's only those after one in good condition etc...

It took me about 9 months to sell my S1 Exige, even tho' only 500 were ever built, the appeal to own one is even smaller ;)
mooney

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mooney »

Warrior wrote:I paid just over £6500 for my 3.0i 2002 sport earlier this year and have convinced myself that it's still worth around the same, if not more.

Looking at your Zed I think we'd compete for looks and condition so the question i'd ask would be....'is the price right for a similar car with an additional 50k on the clock?'
That makes me think that the price should be fair. If it is advertised at £750 less than what you bought yours at, and someone will obvisouly expect to haggle, so it's going to be at least £1000 less by the time someone has done so.
For a car that has a proper full BMW service history and is all up to date with everything, someone should be getting a bargain.
mooney

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mooney »

We have decided that we are going to have to put the Mini, which we only bought a few weeks ago up for sale, as if the Z3's really arent moving, something has to go.

Sad times.
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

I know how you are feeling going through similar with the sale of my car but as said in my post above I will be one of the first banging on your door if it should sell which I hope will be soon. :wink:
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

mooney wrote:im not in too much of a hurry yet.

But the sale of the car is paying for my wedding, so i need to sell it by the time the suppliers are chasing me down for money! lol

I thought i had priced it at a safe level, but have only had one tiny enquiry from someone in Ireland and nothing since.

I have sold quite a few cars privatly over the last few years and none have taken longer than 2 weeks. (one was sold within 4 hours of putting it on the web, but that was just lucky i guess)

Whoever does buy it will end up getting a bargain as I will have to start dropping the price to get some takers at some point.
wedding or car mmmmm i know what id choose :wink:

The 'BEAST' 666
mooney

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mooney »

Badman gee wrote:
mooney wrote:im not in too much of a hurry yet.

wedding or car mmmmm i know what id choose :wink:
Wishing we had eloped and done it on the cheap now!
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

mooney wrote:
Warrior wrote:I paid just over £6500 for my 3.0i 2002 sport earlier this year and have convinced myself that it's still worth around the same, if not more.

That makes me think that the price should be fair. If it is advertised at £750 less than what you bought yours at, and someone will obvisouly expect to haggle, so it's going to be at least £1000 less by the time someone has done so.
For a car that has a proper full BMW service history and is all up to date with everything, someone should be getting a bargain.
You could well be right. 8-)
I guess it depends on whether people look to buy on mileage or condition?
I always look for lower mileage which usually means good condition follows.
Yours breaks the mould to a degree so it will always be subjective.
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

mooney wrote:

You could well be right. 8-)
I guess it depends on whether people look to buy on mileage or condition?
I always look for lower mileage which usually means good condition follows.
Yours breaks the mould to a degree so it will always be subjective.