Wanted: Wind Deflector for Non Roll Bar Facelift Z3

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
lebigmec

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by lebigmec »

Hi people, I know that these aren't too common, but it's worth a try, I guess..
I'm looking for a Wind Deflector to fit my 2001 non roll bar Z3.
I need one as follows:
The distance between pins is 700mm & OEM part number is 821 594 15 972. This would only fit cars made after 04/99. (The earlier one has pins set at 750mm, so doesn't fit later cars).
If anyone has one they want to sell, or if they know where I could buy one, please let me know. They aren't available from BMW now. I've tried. I've also trawled fleabay (they're all older type!) :bawl:
Thanks! :head:
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

BMW Z3 97-2001 ohne Bügel Stoffwindschott Windschott

Post by Hard Top »

I am not sure if the one pictured is the right one? But you could always contact the seller.

http://cgi.ebay.nl/BMW-Z3-97-2001-ohne- ... 3a68fcb398
HT

Titan's apprentice. :D
Titan wrote:Occupations ?
Official Devil's Advocate :devil:
Leg Puller
Micky Taker
http://www.lde.nu/index.htm
lebigmec

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by lebigmec »

Thanks Hard Top, but it doesn't seem like the one I need. I would prefer an original BMW one, plus it isn't clear to me from that listing whether it is the correct one. (My language skills are only limited to English et Francais).
Claire X

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Claire X »

Hi

We bought a wind deflector for our z3, but I'm pretty sure it's the wrong one (we figured pre-facelift version). It's like the pic below. If this is what you (or anyone else) is looking for, we'll sell, as it's no good for us

C

lebigmec

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by lebigmec »

Thanks, but it's the wrong type for my car. It's for a car with roll hoops, by the look of it.
Thanks anyway...
I'm still looking for the correct one...??
Bill-

blank.gif

Post by Bill- »

I have one for a car with roll hoops (factory fitted) I know its not what you want but, I dont use mine, I prefer it without. its proper Roadster. I wear the Clothes to suit the weather. I think
& this is my own opinion, the screen is poofy..

& I must say, you lot that insist on the wind deflector, have a missing Gene. its called Man Gene :)
swamper

M roadster S50

Post by swamper »

Bill- wrote:I have one for a car with roll hoops (factory fitted) I know its not what you want but, I dont use mine, I prefer it without. its proper Roadster. I wear the Clothes to suit the weather. I think

& I must say, you lot that insist on the wind deflector, have a missing Gene. its called Man Gene :)
i dont like to mess up my hair :roll:
the badness makes me do it...!

GazHyde

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by GazHyde »

Bill- wrote:I have one for a car with roll hoops (factory fitted) I know its not what you want but, I dont use mine, I prefer it without. its proper Roadster. I wear the Clothes to suit the weather. I think

Try 70plus, roof down on the motorway in minus temperatures. Three layers, fleece, thinsulate gloves, deer stalker and heater on full whack. You will appreciate the benefit of a wind deflector. I almost had to stop and put the roof up :) . Bought a wind deflector within a week and it made a huge difference to winter driving. poofy or not, its about being comfortable, no need for misery whilst having fun!
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Hard Top »

Bill- wrote:I wear the Clothes to suit the weather. I think its called Man Gene :)
What, kit like this?

:D
HT

Titan's apprentice. :D
Titan wrote:Occupations ?
Official Devil's Advocate :devil:
Leg Puller
Micky Taker
http://www.lde.nu/index.htm
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

top stuff

:D

The 'BEAST' 666
lebigmec

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by lebigmec »

Ha ha! Good call, HT! LMFAO! :D
Anyway, regardless of Bill's views on Wind Deflectors, I'm still looking for one!...
(to help me get in touch with my feminine side?) lol! :D
Cloz

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Cloz »

lebigmec wrote:(My language skills are only limited to English et Francais).
C'est vrai?

Salut
lebigmec

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by lebigmec »

Cloz wrote:
lebigmec wrote:(My language skills are only limited to English et Francais).
C'est vrai?

Salut
Salut Clos, oui, c'est vrai! Je parle les deux! ( mais pas souvent au meme temps!) :)

Et en plus, il y a une partie de ma famille au Quebec! ( a St Bruno de Montarville, si vous connaisez l'endoit?)
Jewell

M roadster S50

Post by Jewell »

Is this any good? Mesh but you could ring and discuss fixing measurements

http://www.justroadster.com/products/wi ... _1008.html
lebigmec

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by lebigmec »

Jewell wrote:Is this any good? Mesh but you could ring and discuss fixing measurements

Thanks Jewell, it's a thought, but I would much prefer a genuine BMW one if I can get hold of it. Thanks very much for the link anyway.
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

Jewell wrote:Is this any good? Mesh but you could ring and discuss fixing measurements

I have one of these in my pre facelift Z3 .......... I got it for 65 + 15 shipping euro on the German eBay site :D
lebigmec

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by lebigmec »

lebigmec wrote:Hi people, I know that these aren't too common, but it's worth a try, I guess..
I'm looking for a Wind Deflector to fit my 2001 non roll bar Z3.
I need one as follows:
The distance between pins is 700mm & OEM part number is 821 594 15 972. This would only fit cars made after 04/99. (The earlier one has pins set at 750mm, so doesn't fit later cars).
If anyone has one they want to sell, or if they know where I could buy one, please let me know. They aren't available from BMW now. I've tried. I've also trawled fleabay (they're all older type!) :bawl:
Thanks! :head:
i'm still looking for one of these.. Anybody got one they want to sell, please? PM me if you have, cheers! Trayton.