Ac Schnitzer Rollhoops on German eBay

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Ac Schnitzer Rollhoops on German eBay

Post by Jonttt »

Like hens teeth.

Might not be cheap but you would always get your money back.

They are a striaght swap if you already have OEM rollhoops installed.

eBay
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Less than i paid for mine :lol:

Its the first time i've ever seen a set for sale?
Progress Thread:http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32&t=36117
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

just had a second glance and they are missing the correct mounting seals and front leather bits, they may not be genuine?
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi
GazHyde

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by GazHyde »

This is a google translate of the ad. Suggests they were re-chromed, which may explain the missing bits?

AC Schnitzer chrome roll bar from a Z3 M.
Last year were re-chromed.

Immediate purchase or exchange for AC Schnitzer Z3 M for possible fog.

Sale of private, no exchange, - guarantee - or money back guarantee.

Enjoy your offer!
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

shantybeater wrote:just had a second glance and they are missing the correct mounting seals and front leather bits, they may not be genuine?
Is it not because they have been photographed from behind? thanks for the heads up though Shanty, quite fancy bidding but not if theyve been messed around with or in fact even genuine :| :rtm:

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

I would brush up on my german and contact the seller and ask if they are genuine Ac Schnitzer (nb Schntzer did not actually make them anywy but a firm called Alumex). If he states they are and they turn out not to be eBay will refund you if he disputes. I've done this even when I've not paid by Paypal and got my money back from eBay (even when just not as described).
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

TitanTim wrote:
shantybeater wrote:just had a second glance and they are missing the correct mounting seals and front leather bits, they may not be genuine?
Is it not because they have been photographed from behind? thanks for the heads up though Shanty, quite fancy bidding but not if theyve been messed around with or in fact even genuine :| :rtm:

Tim.
No worries Tim, they do look like the right shape though (which none of the fakes i've seen have). As Jon said they were made by alumex and i'm pretty sure you could order direct from them (without the schnitzer branding) so it might also be that?

Anyway I would probably take a risk and go for it, or maybe contact Alumex first and see if they can still supply the hoops? Its unlikely you'll see another set up for sale anytime soon
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Another member tried ordering from Alumex direct about a year ago and just got messed around by them so cancelled his order in the end.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

shantybeater wrote:
TitanTim wrote:

Tim.
No worries Tim, they do look like the right shape though (which none of the fakes i've seen have). As Jon said they were made by alumex and i'm pretty sure you could order direct from them (without the schnitzer branding) so it might also be that?

Anyway I would probably take a risk and go for it, or maybe contact Alumex first and see if they can still supply the hoops? Its unlikely you'll see another set up for sale anytime soon
Thanks Shanty, keeping a watchful eye on them, if I do go for them it means I would have too go for a another Z3 over a Z4 next year :shock:

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

TitanTim wrote:
shantybeater wrote:
TitanTim wrote: Is it not because they have been photographed from behind? thanks for the heads up though Shanty, quite fancy bidding but not if theyve been messed around with or in fact even genuine :| :rtm:

Tim.

Thanks Shanty, keeping a watchful eye on them, if I do go for them it means I would have too go for a another Z3 over a Z4 next year :shock:

Tim.
Well you should definitely buy them if they will force you into making the right choice :wink: