Wanted.... Front left shock

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
wildeboy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Wanted.... Front left shock

Post by wildeboy »

Does anyone have a front left shock absorber (passenger side)?

Mine has a leak and it is nearly MOT time. :(

I had planned to buy new shocks and springs all round but I can't justify paying the money at the moment, especially for a car which has only done 1000 miles in 6 months!

They call it a spring strut on RealOEM part number 31316753257. It is for a 1997 2.8 but it is the same on most zeds except the 1.8, 1.9 and sports suspension and M models.

Thanks.
1997 Z3 2.8 in Montreal Blue, only 130k on the clock!
OEM Roll Hoops
M50B25 Inlet manifold
BMC CDA Induction kit
Beige roof
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

I have still got the struts and springs off my old 2.8 which you can gladly have. There is a little surface rust on them but certainly not leaking, one strut is complete and the other has the top bearing missing hence spring and strut seperate. You can come and pick them them up by all means as I am not a million miles away from you so give me a PM and we will sort something out. :D
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Change both, changing 1 is not recommended as the car may behave in a more unpredictable way.
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
wildeboy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by wildeboy »

Thanks Aceman,

PM received and replied!

Stu,

I was hoping to 'get away' with replacing just the one if I got a second hand one, but if I can get a pair then I would better changing them both.
1997 Z3 2.8 in Montreal Blue, only 130k on the clock!
OEM Roll Hoops
M50B25 Inlet manifold
BMC CDA Induction kit
Beige roof