Z3 Hardtop fitting kits (new) on German Ebay

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Emek

M roadster S50

Z3 Hardtop fitting kits (new) on German Ebay

Post by Emek »

Just found it in very good price, more than 10 is available, seller is official BMW dealer :) someone should ask about shipping to UK :)
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Original-BMW-Har ... 1c21cd9605
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

Good find... Question asked...
Deano1712
Z Register organiser

M roadster S50

Post by Deano1712 »

He quoted me 20 Euros for delivery - good deal. Pity I dont want a hardtop!
Z3M with a few mods...and a little bit more power
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

You would still need the replacement plastic trim which I think is c£30 per side and the heated window switch which is another c£30 so I would factor in another £100 for the full kit ;-)
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Emek

M roadster S50

Post by Emek »

I just sold one used pair on ebay for 200£, without plastics and switch, so price 180 Euro shipped to UK is great price for a new set.
New is new :D
OldskoolRS

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by OldskoolRS »

Was the hardtop not a very popular option? I'm new to looking at Z3s but mine will be kept outside on my drive, so I either need to find one with a hardtop or it seems a lot of hassle (and not a small cost) to add one afterwards looking at this kit and some posts on this thread...
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

It was an expensive option when new but popular add on now.

The actual hardtops can be had for c£500 (or less if your patient and are prepared to travel to more remote areas for it) but its the fitting kits that are harder to get.

Its worth knowing what to look for if your getting a zed so you know if the fitting kit is already installed on the car.

This is a car with the fitting kit installed:

and this is the full ffitting kit including replacement trim but excluding the heated rear screen switch:

Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Just a small addition to Jonttt's last post, there is also a small loom that is required for the rear heated screen to work.

Dave L2

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Dave L2 »

The loom is only required on pre facelift cars and those without a power hood.
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

- I have a heated switch, purchased agessss ago!

- Presumably I don't need the loom as my car is facelift.

- I assume the plastic trims are cosmetic, but definitely a nice to have, can they be purchased separately from a dealership?

Thanks!
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Brian H wrote:Just a small addition to Jonttt's last post, there is also a small loom that is required for the rear heated screen to work.
The loom can be seen attached to the upper of the two brackets in Jonttt's last photo. AFAIAA this is required for both pre- and post- facelift cars and splices into the connection for the electric roof microswitch - if you don't have an electric roof, then the part of the main loom it attaches too is tucked back on itself under the left hand side lateral trim panel.

The connector for the heated rear screen switch can be a bit of a pain to find (ask freds dad) - we found his taped under a metal crosspiece underneath the rear of the centre console between the seats - couldn't even see the thing from above!

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

Right, thanks for that!
I've ordered one so we will see how it goes. My German is not great but the feedback from the two already purchased is very good. :wink:
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

yalden wrote:- Presumably I don't need the loom as my car is facelift.
I think you do need the loom to make the rear demister work. I have a facelift 2001 and I needed one.

Loom Details can be found here
yalden wrote: - I assume the plastic trims are cosmetic, but definitely a nice to have, can they be purchased separately from a dealership?

Thanks!
Yes they can be purchased separately, I still have to pick some up myself.
Dave L2

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Dave L2 »

Brian H wrote:I think you do need the loom to make the rear demister work. I have a facelift 2001 and I needed one.
Maybe I'm mistaken. I removed my fitting kit from a doner car but I don't remember removing an extra loom. I do remember looking for the switch end in the car though, under the centre console and well hidden as Rob describes :shock: