Latest Euro Car Parts 25% discount

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
alec.m

Z3 roadster 2.8

Latest Euro Car Parts 25% discount

Post by alec.m »

Latest discount code for Euro Car Parts is "CLICKPART25"
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

Thanks - need to get a water pump and belts ordered - nothing wrong (touch wood) but want to get them changed purely as preventative maintenance.
Hers: Z4 2.0i Sp --------------------- His: Z3 2.8
alec.m

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by alec.m »

You`re welcome. Couple of rear springs for me. Not ready for them but wise to get them while discount is on.
seaDog

Not specified

Post by seaDog »

Cheaper on carparts4less.co.uk without any discount codes

:D :D :D

Rear Springs

For my 99 2.8

Jas
simonbud100

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by simonbud100 »

Zed Carer wrote:Thanks - need to get a water pump and belts ordered - nothing wrong (touch wood) but want to get them changed purely as preventative maintenance.
There seem to be quite a few posts at the moment from people looking to change water pumps as preventative maintenance.

Is this something that should be changed at a certain mileage, or are there tell tale signs that a pump is about to fail?

Also, how much of a job is it to change?

Where is the best place to get a pump, I assume BMW OEM but are there any other options of equal quality?
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

simonbud100 wrote:
Zed Carer wrote:Thanks - need to get a water pump and belts ordered - nothing wrong (touch wood) but want to get them changed purely as preventative maintenance.
There seem to be quite a few posts at the moment from people looking to change water pumps as preventative maintenance.

Is this something that should be changed at a certain mileage, or are there tell tale signs that a pump is about to fail?

Also, how much of a job is it to change?

Where is the best place to get a pump, I assume BMW OEM but are there any other options of equal quality?
Sometimes the water pump will start to get a bit noisey when it's on the way out but of more concern is that the original water pumps have a plastic impeller on a metal shaft. These do wear so when you really need the water pump to be fully working the impeller can slip on the shaft. Also as the cars get older there is an increased risk of the impeller blades becoming brittle and breaking. I'll probably get the water pump from Eurocarparts or somewhere similar but I might get BMW belts unless I'm sure that another supplier is definitely of equal quality.

I'm intending to take out the fan and radiator so I can clean up the front of the engine bay, radiator, touch up the paint on the slam panel and a few other bits of cleaning. When I fitted new rear shock absorbers last year I replaced the top mounts even though the originals weren't showing any signs of failing just so it was done at my convinience rather than having to do it because one had failed.
Hers: Z4 2.0i Sp --------------------- His: Z3 2.8
Deano1712
Z Register organiser

M roadster S50

Post by Deano1712 »

Thanks for the code. Got me a new wishbone for the /M for £39 delivered. Bril!
Z3M with a few mods...and a little bit more power
Julie Z3

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Julie Z3 »

Cheaper on carparts4less.co.uk without any discount codes

Is this not europarts in disquise? Web site looks very much the same , just cheaper on some items and mail order only by the looks ? :dunce:
seaDog

Not specified

Post by seaDog »

Yes I believe it is, the directors listed also feature in the directors list for eurocarparts according to companys house.

Jas
Frank.A

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Frank.A »

They are one and the same I believe. :roll:

2000 Topaz 2.8 Individual.

Youth would be more useful if it came later in life!
Deano1712
Z Register organiser

M roadster S50

Post by Deano1712 »

Deano1712 wrote:Thanks for the code. Got me a new wishbone for the /M for £39 delivered. Bril!
Hmmm the wishbone is for a standard Z3. The site stated it was for a 3.2M but looks like an error.
Z3M with a few mods...and a little bit more power