LOW MILEAGE 2.8 Z3 NOT FOR SALE

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Eastsix

Not specified

LOW MILEAGE 2.8 Z3 NOT FOR SALE

Post by Eastsix »

The need for 4 seats has finally caught up with me what with a dozen growing nieces and nephews, so the old girls up for sale for realsies this time. I'll add more detail soon, but basics are as follows for a taster:

·65000 genuine miles 1997 car
·Service 2 recently completed with no issues
·9 months MOT from 21/05/12 no issues or advisories
· Tax till end of December
· Replica Alpina alloys and M sport steering wheel and gearstick
· Roof in good nick with with no tears or leaks (now, recently reglued small section below rear window)
.wind breaker and chrome bootrack
· Engine sweet as a nut, well looked after, good for endless grins
· Jvc cd stereo with ipod usb ports in both front and rear of unit
· interior in great condition, lovely black leather seats
. 2 brand new Pirelli rear tyre

There is a slight scuff on the passenger door, but its difficult to capture on photo

More to follow. Any interest/ questions, post or message me. Im in East ham, East London.

Bill
Last edited by Eastsix on Wed 03 Apr, 2013 23:24, edited 7 times in total.
2.8 sadly departed, currently between zeds.....
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: LOW MILEAGE 2.8 Z3 FOR SALE

Post by Gazza »

I've passed this car many times, looks good.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Eastsix

Not specified

Post by Eastsix »

Annoyingly i got a puncture at the weekend, so there are now several hundred pounds worth of brand new Pirelli tyres on the rear. I've just this morning got the MOT done, and no probs whatsoever. So 12 months MOT, 7 months tax. Surely this is a bargain!
Eastsix

Not specified

Post by Eastsix »

Given the absolute lack of interest (bemusingly- i really thought this would be a great buy!) im dropping the price to my absolute bottom of £3500. I just spent nearly a tenth of that just for 2 rear tyres! There is also included a £100 outdoor car cover which i use in bad weather.
Id really rather sell to a board member than trade in. But frankly, if no-one wants it for £3500, it seems daft to sell it.

I know its bad etiquette to comment on anothers asking price, but what do people think? Has the going rate really dropped? Is it just the price of petrol for big engines?
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Shame you must sell....I've just been looking on the AutoTrader - South Africa - and the same car here would be selling for around £7,700.00... You guys are really under-pricing your cars. I saw a 2001 M Coupe with a genuine 12,600 miles going here for £.14,700.00.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
freds dad

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by freds dad »

What would it cost to freight a car to South Africa?
Eastsix

Not specified

Post by Eastsix »

I could always drive down! Always wanted to see South Africa...
Eastsix

Not specified

Post by Eastsix »

Although, it would make a dent in the low mileage.!
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

If you ever get here, you would sorely miss your Zed....The Cape Town area has to be one of the most stunning open car driving places in the world...not to mention the city itself...
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
OldskoolRS

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by OldskoolRS »

Eastsix wrote:I know its bad etiquette to comment on anothers asking price, but what do people think? Has the going rate really dropped? Is it just the price of petrol for big engines?
I don't know what you were asking before the price change, but £3,500 seems very fair if it is in good condition as you say. I would have been out to look had it been for sale when I was looking, though I'm personally not over keen on silver, the wheels set it off nicely, so it would have tempted me.

I don't expect mine to hold anywhere near the value I paid for it ( 2001/Y 3 litre £5,500) but it seems that I could have got a cheaper example if I'd waited, which is ironic seeing as I bought mine in February. I had planned it to be a stopgap car on the way to a TVR, but I'm enjoying the car and if prices have dropped due to larger engines, then I may as well stick with it longer term.
BonBon

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BonBon »

Pretty cheap in SA.
Here you could get at least 10,000 quid for that car. There is no Z3 in Israel (about 200 here) with less than 100k miles - and only a couple of 2.8s as the import duty was astronomic at that time.
paulb1976

Post by paulb1976 »

Same here 3.0 litre 2000 plate and no enquiries, being MoT'd and serviced next week and all for £3.5k, seems like the market is drying up.

Spoke to a breaker friend of mine and he reckons I'll get more for it broken down which is appalling :bawl:

Good luck I'm with you rather than sell it rock bottom keep it for the summer and part ex in winter, never mind.
Eastsix

Not specified

Post by Eastsix »

It occurs to me that if i cant sell mine for sensible money, maybe i could just buy a second z3..... That would satisfy the need for 4 seats! :lol:
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Eastsix wrote:It occurs to me that if i cant sell mine for sensible money, maybe i could just buy a second z3..... That would satisfy the need for 4 seats! :lol:
I like that logic. My dad and I tried it last weekend - two roadsters and three people - works brilliantly. As a bonus you also have twice the boot space. 8-)

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
paulb1976

Post by paulb1976 »

On a day like today who cares if it doesn't sell. :D
Eastsix

Not specified

Post by Eastsix »

You are not wrong- fantastic getting the roof down, and she looks so pretty in the sun!
Pistol968

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Pistol968 »

just to help with an indication of the market please see my post "my new Zed". I paid £3300 for it, although for the reasons stated in my post I think I got it a little cheaper than perhaps I should have done.
Eastsix

Not specified

Post by Eastsix »

Well, i inquired out of interest and unsurprisingly got offered a pittance in part ex, so thats not gonna happen. Looks like i'll be keeping her for the foreseeable future. No prob for me! Seriously, if you can buy this much car for less than £3500, why buy a new one? I only do about 5000 miles a year, otherwise id buy a second car nd keep it for the hell of it. I'll leave it up for sale though, in case a buyer turns up.
Eastsix

Not specified

Post by Eastsix »

Well, having decided to keep the zed, ive been looking at others to see what i can do to improve her and im increasingly tempted to get a Z3M. Before I start spending money on her, ive decided to give it one last go at £3000, mainly because of the recent bumper scuff i was kindly gifted. Given the prices all seem to be coming down, i guess it makes sense to sell at a depressed price if i can buy an M at a depressed price.
Failing that, ill start spending money on M styling tweaks.

So, if you fancy a lovely low mileage z3 with only a couple of aesthetic issues for only £3000, let me know.
Eastsix

Not specified

Re: LOW MILEAGE 2.8 Z3 FOR SALE NOW £3000

Post by Eastsix »

Still for sale. Ive seen a few high mileage zeds go for less, but not seen a low mileage bigger engined model as much of a bargain as mine. Not had a single person even come to see. I may well find myself with 2 cars at this rate.
Julie Z3

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Julie Z3 »

I too would love to sell the 2.8 and get an M, unfortunately the M market doesn't seem that depressed :(
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

I have looked at photos of this zed for a long time now and its a beautiful car. Those wheels are among some of my favourites of all time. Someone really needs to buy this and keep it in the zroadster family!

Eastsix, I hope you get a sale soon and it goes to a good home where someone will continue to love her as you have.
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
Eastsix

Not specified

Post by Eastsix »

///M_aniac wrote:I have looked at photos of this zed for a long time now and its a beautiful car. Those wheels are among some of my favourites of all time. Someone really needs to buy this and keep it in the zroadster family!

Eastsix, I hope you get a sale soon and it goes to a good home where someone will continue to love her as you have.

Thanks- credit goes to the forum member i bought it from. Im actually not a massive fan of the wheel myself, would prefer some acs type 3. The rears dont quite fill the arch- maybe i should use spacers or summat. They are certainly unusual, never see them on other zeds.
Eastsix

Not specified

Post by Eastsix »

The need for Four seats is becoming increasingly hard to ignore. I have my eye on an E46 330 sport touring, and i have come to terms with the fact the bottom has dropped out of the market. I have just put 12 months tax on, and i would accept £2600.
Of course, its winter, so theres probably going to be even less interest. . .
Eastsix

Not specified

Re: LOW MILEAGE 2.8 Z3 FOR SALE NOW ONLY £2600

Post by Eastsix »

Mileage is now 67k - only about 2k done since advertised in May.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

It's a fine car, seen it a few times.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

ImageImage
Eastsix

Not specified

Post by Eastsix »

Cheers Gazza. Ive got the wifes family from Spain staying with us for a couple of months this summer, so you can imagine lots of conversations along the lines of how we are going to get them around while they are here...
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Do they not have legs? :wink:

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

I used to have visitors from Germany when I was in East Ham, gave them Travel Cards and they were well away :)
Gazza

ImageImage
BonBon

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BonBon »

I'm in the UK this week.....oh how I wish it could fit into my suitcase :squeeze:
Eastsix

Not specified

Post by Eastsix »

Hup. Still available, still stupidly cheap.
Im likely to spend some money on it soon, so price wont stand at this for much longer.
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

Bargin if you ask me!
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

If you have the space keep it, whats £2600? I looked at the trade in price for mine which according to Autotrader with mileage of under 25K is £3500 I paid £10995 5 years ago :shock: I just isn't worth bothering to sell it unless I'm broke :lol: If a nice 3.0 or M i.e. immaculate with under 40K come along then I might sell.

Personally at £2600 your giving the Zed away even though monetry wise these cars aren't worth much.

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Eastsix

Not specified

Post by Eastsix »

TitanTim wrote:If you have the space keep it, whats £2600? I looked at the trade in price for mine which according to Autotrader with mileage of under 25K is £3500 I paid £10995 5 years ago :shock: I just isn't worth bothering to sell it unless I'm broke :lol: If a nice 3.0 or M i.e. immaculate with under 40K come along then I might sell.

Personally at £2600 your giving the Zed away even though monetry wise these cars aren't worth much.

Tim.
Problem is I live I inner London. its parked on the road, so no cheap classic insurance (I tried). No claims would go on the new car, so Im left paying over £1000 insurance plus tax and maintenance for a car I would barely use as I only do about 5k miles per year as it is.

As long as the wife doesn't mind, It can stay. But it'll have to go at some point. I hate to say it, but I could end up parking it up at my parents and slowly breaking it for parts. How much do you think a 68k mile 2.8 engine would go for? the parts would soon add up, but it would break my heart.
Olly2012

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Olly2012 »

Breaking it would be sacrilege surely? That's like having a perfectly healthy pet orangutang (i.e. an endangered species) and killing it off coz you need to upgrade to a buffalo.

Well it's probably nothing like that but you get the point?

I wish I had the spare loot and the place to park it.
r100elp

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by r100elp »

Eastsix wrote:
TitanTim wrote:If you have the space keep it, whats £2600? I looked at the trade in price for mine which according to Autotrader with mileage of under 25K is £3500 I paid £10995 5 years ago :shock: I just isn't worth bothering to sell it unless I'm broke :lol: If a nice 3.0 or M i.e. immaculate with under 40K come along then I might sell.

Tim.
Problem is I live I inner London. its parked on the road, so no cheap classic insurance (I tried). No claims would go on the new car, so Im left paying over £1000 insurance plus tax and maintenance for a car I would barely use as I only do about 5k miles per year as it is.

As long as the wife doesn't mind, It can stay. But it'll have to go at some point. I hate to say it, but I could end up parking it up at my parents and slowly breaking it for parts. How much do you think a 68k mile 2.8 engine would go for? the parts would soon add up, but it would break my heart.
I would love to buy your car too but the 450-500 mile trip home would probably kill me or my wallet in fuel such a shame as it looks a lovely car and as you say £400 fixes the scuffs. Im new here and tried to find other photos of your car to look at but can't find any more can you direct me to where I might see more?
NOW the proud owner of a 98 1.9 M44 Z3 in silver.

Eastsix

Not specified

Post by Eastsix »

Hi, if you pm me an email address i can send you lots of pics and any others you might want. Belfast eh? Drive home would be a cracking road trip to get used to your lovely new roadster... 8-)
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

its a great car the travel to get it would be well worth it :D
Eastsix

Not specified

Post by Eastsix »

Missus not included

Eastsix

Not specified

Post by Eastsix »

///M_aniac wrote:I have looked at photos of this zed for a long time now and its a beautiful car. Those wheels are among some of my favourites of all time. Someone really needs to buy this and keep it in the zroadster family!

I just looked at pics of your Imola Z3m - hubba! coming from you that's gotta be a compliment.
Do you have a thread with more pics on? I just saw the ones on your profile.
Sidbounce

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Sidbounce »

Hi, Car looks great..

Everyone can give advice...so here's mine.. to appeal to widest audience possible I would suggest returning to original spec (if you still have the original wheels etc?) If so I'm sure those nice Alpina wheels on there own will be worth a fair price to someone- sold seperatley?

Also a bloomin good clean and polish inside and out and under bonnet and take some new pictures in a neutral location ie woodland a park etc with top up and down- Ive not seen your ad but a no matter how good a car looks, pics with people or in a carpark always suggest something else to your target market so best to remain neutral. Make sure you talk about the plus points..let the buyer look for the bad..

Also list at a reasonable price..and dont keep changing it - decide on a price and stick to your guns - if you know what I mean. Summer is coming..what else are people asking for the same ish age & spec car? Why should yours be different?

If I'm teaching you to suck eggs..My apologies..

Good Luck

Cheers

RT (Not that RT!) :)
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

I would try a different approach, price it higher.

I did this with a Padjero, advertised at 3995 and kept getting offers at 3200 so I changed the price to 4500 and accepted the first offer at 4100 :D
Gazza

ImageImage
Eastsix

Not specified

Post by Eastsix »

TBH, although its technically still up for sale, Ive found a multicar insurance deal which isn't bad. As per my other positive had some inspiration and am starting to look at spending some money on her. Cant be many around with mileage as low as mine, cant get away from the thought that its silly to sell so cheap.
paul.s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by paul.s »

imho prices for these have bottomed give the car a couple of years and they will be old enough for the classic car brigade to start taking an interest and they will start to make better money. 8-)
Eastsix

Not specified

Re: LOW MILEAGE 2.8 Z3 NOT FOR SALE

Post by Eastsix »

Clearly its a moot point since no one wants to buy it, but for the forseeable future, she's staying with me. Now roll on summer! :sunny
ZedAintDead

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by ZedAintDead »

Well done that man, great decision, enjoy! :drive
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Eastsix wrote:Clearly its a moot point since no one wants to buy it, but for the forseeable future, she's staying with me. Now roll on summer! :sunny

You know it makes sense 8-) 8-)
Gazza

ImageImage