Newbie with broken car!! Haha

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Katietopcat

Z3 roadster 2.8

Newbie with broken car!! Haha

Post by Katietopcat »

Hi My name is Katie and I am a newbie to this site! So would like to say a big hello to all out there!
I have a silver 2.8 t reg z3 convertible which I have maintained driven and loved for a few years now!
Unfortunately tho, some muppet decided he like my car soo much that he smashed into it! :head:
Gutted but getting it back together soon! :)
Can't attach a pic for some reason at the minute!
Managed to get most of the bits so far but I still need the front number plate holder and also the big black plastic bit that attaches to the front bumper at the bottom (like an undertray I guess!)
So if anybody out there's has these at the back of there garage somewhere for sale or knows of anywhere I could get them??? I would greatly appreciate it!!!
Cheers
:wink:
Not sure if the link will work not done it before! Lol
Captain

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Newbie with broken car!! Haha

Post by Captain »

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, sure someone on the forum will be able to help you out.
ImageImage
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Hi and welcome to the forum, Katie. Sorry to hear of your zed's accident.

Numberplate holder can be bought from your local BMW dealer's parts desk for around £20. They will order it in for you and you collect from the dealer, without paying postage. You can also order online from Coopers, though they do seem to be a little dearer than my local dealer.

There are a couple of Z3s listed as breaking on here, so it is worth asking if the undertray survived on them - you'll also need to check it is the same as the one for your car, as they are different on some models. One of the unfortunate zeds I know had front end damage, so is unlikely to have a numberplate holder, and as you see it so obviously on the front of the car, I would put a nice clean new one on anyway.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Katietopcat

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Katietopcat »

Aww thanks captain I really hope so! :wink:
Katietopcat

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Katietopcat »

Thank you Robert I'll give Sytner a call right now! :lol:
freds dad

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by freds dad »

Katie don't forget to have a look at the breakers as well. Most of the big ones are online and you can ring and ask if they have the parts you need.
Katietopcat

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Katietopcat »

Oh yes I'll do that next Fred! Thanks for the heads up!! Front number plate now in my hands £20.10 woo hoo
Thanks guys :lol: