Wanted: Z3M Roadster

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
renmure

blank

Wanted: Z3M Roadster

Post by renmure »

Well, I appreciate it is more conventional to make an introductory post in the main Forum. But first, I need a car!! :D
Having been pointed in this direction from Pistonheads...

I am actively looking for a good ZM3 Roadster. Must be a top quality pampered car with full and complete SH.
I would prefer to buy from a fellow car enthusiast.
I am not looking for "a project" or anything that "only needs ...."
In terms of colour, only definite "No Thanks" is a black car. (nothing against black cars in general but I already have one) :wink:

As a car-nut myself, having sometimes reluctantly sold a few cars in order to try something else, I know that sometimes folk go through the "will I sell / won't I sell" agony when it comes to dark winter nights so thought I would ask the question... :lol:

Jim
huntert

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Wanted: Z3M Roadster

Post by huntert »

Good first post :thumb:
kingy1

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by kingy1 »

Welcone,

Have you seen the one posted on here by Johnny Blanco?

http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/clas ... 998/909215
renmure

blank

Post by renmure »

Thanks for the welcome 8-)

Pretty sure I have probably seen most of the current ads.
I dithered by doing too much "thinking" and appear to have missed one that would have been of interest.
Having now thunked enuff, I thought a more direct approach might might be, well, more direct :)
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

How much is your budget?

The 'BEAST' 666
renmure

blank

Post by renmure »

I imagine it will be sufficient :rtm:
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

If you want the best example out there then Badman gees is concours A1 standard. You won't find one better, except for mine.. But it's not forsale :D
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Welcome Jim, just sent a reply over to your email.

Best of luck with your search!
Progress Thread:http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32&t=36117
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi
hornel Z3M

blank

Post by hornel Z3M »

Z3cade wrote:If you want the best example out there then Badman gees is concours A1 standard. You won't find one better, except for mine.. But it's not forsale :D

Bah Humbug .what about that Welsh Z3M got to be in the top 3:lol:
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

hornel Z3M wrote:
Z3cade wrote:If you want the best example out there then Badman gees is concours A1 standard. You won't find one better, except for mine.. But it's not forsale :D

Bah Humbug .what about that Welsh Z3M got to be in the top 3:lol:
Yep you are sir!

:D

The 'BEAST' 666
hornel Z3M

blank

Post by hornel Z3M »

:wink:
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Welcome to the forum Jim,

Good time of year to buy and the best place to find the sort of car it sounds as though your looking for ;-)

Good luck with your search.

Any preference S50 or later S54 engine ?
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
renmure

blank

Post by renmure »

Jonttt wrote:Welcome to the forum Jim,

Good time of year to buy and the best place to find the sort of car it sounds as though your looking for ;-)

Initially no preference really (unless someone tells me otherwise) :D

My situation is a bit nutty in as much as it will be a (cough) 7th (cough) car which will probably spend most of its life under a cover in the garage. It will only really be used as & when it seems like a good day for it, so I think rather than be too limiting on model, I am more keen to focus on quality. Well... at least that's the plan at the moment :lol:
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

welcome jim,

:D

The 'BEAST' 666
macca

Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

Post by macca »

renmure wrote:
Jonttt wrote:Welcome to the forum Jim,

Initially no preference really (unless someone tells me otherwise) :D

My situation is a bit nutty in as much as it will be a (cough) 7th (cough) car which will probably spend most of its life under a cover in the garage. It will only really be used as & when it seems like a good day for it, so I think rather than be too limiting on model, I am more keen to focus on quality. Well... at least that's the plan at the moment :lol:
Mark's would be perfect then..... :-D
chrisp_1

M roadster S50

Post by chrisp_1 »

renmure wrote:
Pretty sure I have probably seen most of the current ads,...

I thought a more direct approach might might be, well, more direct :)

Welcome :wave

I know you've seen my advert via PH, I spent a good hour writing that response to you yesterday :pc
renmure

blank

Post by renmure »

Thanks for the welcome Chris. :D
Appreciate the detail that went into yesterdays email. Thanks.
No doubt your car will be snapped up by someone but unfortunately it probably isn't the right one for me.
Good luck with the sale tho :thumb:
chrisp_1

M roadster S50

Post by chrisp_1 »

No worries Jim, its nice to be in a position to be choosy and get exactly what you want - 7 cars :shock: :D
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

renmure wrote: My situation is a bit nutty in as much as it will be a (cough) 7th (cough) car which will probably spend most of its life under a cover in the garage. It will only really be used as & when it seems like a good day for it, so I think rather than be too limiting on model, I am more keen to focus on quality. Well... at least that's the plan at the moment :lol:
Similar to myself in that I have a choice to drive a lot of varied cars more or less when I want but the Z3m has a niche all of its own ;-)

Buying on condition / specification that you want is sensible with patience you can afford as its not a daily driver. In practice as an occasional fun car to put a smile on your face there is no real difference between an S50 and S54. The S54 does offer an extra rarity as only 73 where made in RHD worldwide but only appreciated by an enthusiast (to Joe public they lok the same) and they do command a slight premium in price (but the difference in price is getting less and less but S54's are still rarely for sale).

Have a look at this thread if you want some more background and specifications of S54's:

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=34517

Good luck with the search, its half the fun :D
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
renmure

blank

Post by renmure »

Jonttt wrote: Have a look at this thread if you want some more background and specifications of S54's:

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=34517

Good luck with the search, its half the fun :D
Thanks for that. Very helpful.
I am not in any rush, but am as impatient as the next guy :oops:

This car will be a direct replacement for a Caterham R300 Superlight, which I bought on the rebound after selling a Porsche Turbo S because it felt a bit bland. In retrospect the R300 is a bit raw for me (argh, I hate admitting that) and Mrs R never liked it anyhow. In terms of sporty cars, the Z3 probably covers a bit of middle ground between a Ferrari F360 Spider and a Lotus Exige Type 72 and I suppose targeting a Z3M makes it a bit more "special"

Mrs R and myself went wandering around one of the out of town car parks on saturday so I could point out a Z3. Didn't see any. Got wet. Bad start :D
chrisp_1

M roadster S50

Post by chrisp_1 »

renmure wrote:
Mrs R and myself went wandering around one of the out of town car parks on saturday so I could point out a Z3. Didn't see any. Got wet. Bad start :D
My Mrs though the Z3M was clunky to drive (compare Modus :) ) before realising it was a sports car and taking the young lad out posing down Scarborough sea front :lol:
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

Your in the best place for looking for the right one.. You get some real top quality zeds pass through here.. Members tend to list them forsale here before they hit the mainstream..

If I wanted to sell mine you sound the perfect buyer :wink:

Hmm do I want to sell.. :puzzle:
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

Z3cade wrote:Your in the best place for looking for the right one.. You get some real top quality zeds pass through here.. Members tend to list them forsale here before they hit the mainstream..

If I wanted to sell mine you sound the perfect buyer :wink:

Hmm do I want to sell.. :puzzle:

Go on dare you :D

The 'BEAST' 666
renmure

blank

Post by renmure »

Just a quick "Bump" for this. Still looking but grateful for the PM's

( although no more "cowboys" please :roll: )
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

Shame you dont want black - might have been tempted to pass mine on -- :twisted:
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
renmure

blank

Post by renmure »

Sorry 'bout that :wink:

Black is nice, but I have a black car and keeping it clean is a nightmare. Wish I had OCD :D
Really like Estoril Blue :oops:
renmure

blank

Post by renmure »

Oh well.. the hunt for a Z3M is over.... for now

I bought a ........... Mazda MX5 :oops:

Main issue was the lack of good Z3M's available for sale ... yeah, I know it is winter :wink: ... I went to see two that had been advertised and the worst was "poor" and the best was "tired" so I guess it would have been a case of hanging on till someone on here sold a nice one and I think I am too impatient for that.

Hadn't really thought about an MX5 much since I wouldn't really classify it as a performance car, but browsing PH a 2 litre, high spec, low mileage 2009 MX5 popped up at a Dealer in Leeds at £8900 and they were "happy" (well, perhaps not but they agreed anyhow) to let it go for £8k. Not seen it in the flesh but deposit paid and will collect on Tuesday. The salesman thought it odd that the 1st car he sold in January 2013 was a 2 seater convertible sports car over the phone to a Scotsman, but so I guess the Z3M hunt can let up a bit.

Will keep looking out for a quality Z3M tho, but at least I won't feel like the money is burning a hole in my pocket.
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

Good stuff Jim

The mx5 cars are very good.

It is difficult to find many mint condition M Roadsters now.

One will turn up in the near future I'm sure.

Mark

The 'BEAST' 666
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

There is an mx5 on piston heads 2009 with 6500 miles on the clock!

just over 9000.

not leeds though!

The 'BEAST' 666