Tonneau cover

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Tonneau cover

Post by Bonzo »

I'm considering a Tonneau cover for Zelda. I know what they do, just wondering what your opinions on them are. Do they last, any probs with them? Anyone have one to sell, if so why, and for how much

Bonzo.
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
geminimustang

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Tonneau cover

Post by geminimustang »

We had a black cover that came with the car but never used it.We replaced the seats,sold the black cover and purchased a beige one but have never used it. Can you spot the link? In truth,I don't even know where it is.They look great,wouldn't sell it but never use it and guess I need therapy to sort my reasoning out.
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Tonneau cover

Post by Brian H »

Bonzo,

When used they really tidy up the rear of the car and look great, unfortunately mine is not used that often on a day to day when the roof maybe up and down a few times in that day. If I am going on a longer trip somewhere (and the weather is forecast to be fine :roll: ) I will pop it on. It does only take a few mins to fit.

They seem to last for ages as most folks leave them in the house or the boot :D , never heard of any issues with them.

HTH

Brian
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

Mines 10 years old and I've used it twice - both times at Gaydon Show.
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

It's the on / off thing which is the deterrent to their use...OK if you know it'll be on all day...but to do the on/off thing is a PITA. I have one and perhaps I've used it two or three times and certainly not in the past 10 years. I take it out and clean it a few times a year, then put it right back in the garage cupboard.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
StuP

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by StuP »

I've got one that I would sell for £60 + £10 UK delivery if you're interested in getting one? I'm in Crawley/Tunbridge Wells if that's local to you..

I got it with the car and haven't personally used it, and need the space to be honest!