some cars are in a sad state

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
PCSAM

blank

some cars are in a sad state

Post by PCSAM »

:bawl: :bawl: nothing to do with me .......but some cars are in a bad state .. even if its a cheap price :shock:
http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto ... 1012178037
Eastsix

Not specified

Re: some cars are in a sad state

Post by Eastsix »

'we continued to love and care for him as best we could'

by never getting anything fixed, it seems. If it was a kid, it would be with foster parents.
2.8 sadly departed, currently between zeds.....
John1950

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by John1950 »

PCSAM wrote::bawl: :bawl: nothing to do with me .......but some cars are in a bad state .. even if its a cheap price :shock:
http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto ... 1012178037
I couldn't believe the incredibly ridiculous write up - a perfect lesson in how not to sell a car.
John Walker
Baarn, Holland
Image Image

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

John1950 wrote: I couldn't believe the incredibly ridiculous write up - a perfect lesson in how not to sell a car.
Oh, I don't know! Surely "all indicators working" is quite compelling! :D

And someone should explain to them that 'AKA' is not the same as 'ie'.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

What's an "oil leek"? A relative of "oil seed rape" perhaps? :lol:

The indicators probably all work because they have never been used. :head:

And that's the first zed I've seen with body rust. :shock:

Poor zeddy needs rescuing - has anyone called the RSPCZ?

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

I've only ever seen one Zed that was worse for rust on the rear wings which was pretty bad, but unusual as these cars are pretty rust resistant, just goes to show what pure neglect can do.

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

I've never encountered such a late Z3 (2002) in such poor condition. The flaking paint, chassis in need of repair and doors won’t shut all sound like it had a bad smash followed by a poor, post-BMW paint job to me. The car has only done 115,000 miles and needed a recon. engine 3-years ago? Sounds a complete wreck. :shock:
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Doors needing encouragement to open sounds like the usual lack of lubrication problem - maybe they should apply one of the 'oil leeks'. :wink:

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
domross

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by domross »

Loved as much as a ginger step-child :lol: ...£700 would cover the interior and wheels though....rest looks shockingly bad...
OldskoolRS

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by OldskoolRS »

When you see the prices of decent Z3s I can't see why anyone would bother. By the time you'd put it right you'll have spent more than getting a good one to start with.

I looked at 9-10 cars last year when I bought mine and I only saw one that was in any way scruffy and even then it didn't have visible rust like this one. It was one of the things that attracted me to a Z3 as I'd not seen a bad one on the roads and I figured I'd get a much tidier Z3 than the alternatives I was considering (Boxster mainly).
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

for £700 i would have considered it and sold it off as spares, sports seats and door cards, white lights all round, wheels, and a load of other bits and bobs would soon pay that back.. and more..

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

gookah wrote:for £700 i would have considered it and sold it off as spares, sports seats and door cards, white lights all round, wheels, and a load of other bits and bobs would soon pay that back.. and more..
Easily, a decent bonnet is worth at least half of that :shock:
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal
cooknerkid

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by cooknerkid »

Irrespective of the quality of the advert, it does say ---Now Sold--- :!: :!: :!:
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

I may climb down off my low horse and put a cheeky offer in :lol:

Tim.
TR4man

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Post by TR4man »

You must remember that even though we all look after and cherish our Zeds, to 99% of the population they are just another cheap car and as such most will be bought by people who will not look after them.

I have to admit being amazed at the sorry state of this example, but to the owner it is probably no more special than a 10 year old Fiesta - despite what is written in the advert.

Regards

Peter
Eastsix

Not specified

Post by Eastsix »

I might have to start stockpiling parts!
2.8 sadly departed, currently between zeds.....
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

It's the twin of Tims car ;-)
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Jonttt wrote:It's the twin of Tims car ;-)
lol I actually wouldn't mind the seats although I'm thinking what the state the driver was in considering the car, so maybe not :?

I've got the BMW roadster covers on anyways lol

Tim.
Wolverine_1999

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Wolverine_1999 »

A disgrace.

The previous owner's comments are BS to say the least. If they considered this car "well cared for", God knows what it would look like if they didn't give a rat's ass about it!

I sense scum.
OldskoolRS

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by OldskoolRS »

g8jka wrote:
gookah wrote:for £700 i would have considered it and sold it off as spares, sports seats and door cards, white lights all round, wheels, and a load of other bits and bobs would soon pay that back.. and more..
However, judging by the rest of the car was the bonnet likely to be 'decent' anyway?

Would you really have got £700 for the parts seeing as much of them look to be in such poor condition: Things like panels and presumably the roof might be sought after, but not if they are rusty/torn.
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

OldskoolRS wrote:
g8jka wrote:
However, judging by the rest of the car was the bonnet likely to be 'decent' anyway?

Would you really have got £700 for the parts seeing as much of them look to be in such poor condition: Things like panels and presumably the roof might be sought after, but not if they are rusty/torn.
Maybe not but it depends on how bad the parts are, obviously the panels look shot but there is plenty of other parts.

Its a sport model which would be ideal if someone wanted to upgrade their own so even these parts alone maybe worth a few hundred? Sport seats / doorcards, aluminium dash, front bumper mesh, wheels, clear front, rear, brake lights and side repeaters. I know it says the seats are not the best but as long as they are not ripped a £20 tub of scuffmaster would work wonders. As long as the parts are not completely trashed they probably would be saleable.

It's got chrome side gills too which people are always after and with a full roll hoop kit which you should get £250 for.

I have purchased most of the sport parts to upgrade mine over the past few years and trust me, them parts cost me more than £700 :(
Headlights, rear lights, brake light and side repeaters totalled up to over £400 alone :shock: Then there is seats, wheels and other little bits!
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

Zedonist wrote:You lot are the reason us ugly people get stoned in the street, look at the inner beauty, you could have it resprayed and still have a cheap facelift.
Pop over, I have a bag of stones! :D

The 'BEAST' 666
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

Zedonist wrote:You lot are the reason us ugly people get stoned in the street, look at the inner beauty, you could have it resprayed and still have a cheap facelift.
I'd love it as a project and turn it back into a show car and keep it forever. Unfortunately I don't have thousands of pounds :(
geminimustang

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by geminimustang »

Let's throw £25 in each, buy the car and set fire to it.That reduces the zeds available to buy,scarcer means better prices for the ones left.Consider your £25 an investment as your now rarer zed will be worth at least £50 more as demand exceeds supply.We've just doubled our investment.Please pay your £25 into my PayPal account as a matter of urgency.Thank you.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

geminimustang wrote:Please pay your £25 into my PayPal account as a matter of urgency.Thank you.
are you my Nigerian uncle by any chance?

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
geminimustang

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by geminimustang »

For £25, I'm all things to all people,only richer !!!!