BMW Z3 2.8, Sapphire with Hardtop

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Hels Z'd

Z3 roadster 1.9i

BMW Z3 2.8, Sapphire with Hardtop

Post by Hels Z'd »

Offered for sale is my wifes beautiful BMW '99 Z3 Roadster. After initially owning a 1.9litre Z3 we upgrade to the 2.8litre version about 18months ago. We've loved every moment of ownership, but due to my wife changing jobs and having to travel further to work, cross country she's now change to a 4x4.....a real shock to the system! When we looked for the 2.8 Z3 we looked far and wide to find the right example and this Z3 really ticked all the boxes.

When ordered new the original owner obviously went for a top spec'd car and as such she has the following specification:

Z3 Metallic Sapphire Black.
2.8 litre straight six, rated at 192bhp.
5 speed manual gearbox.
17" 5 spoke alloy wheels - BMW Styling 16.
Front Fogs.
Full Leather interior.
Electrically adjustable seats. Both adjust for height and reach.
Heated seats.
Electric windows.
Electric Mirrors.
Central Locking.
Anti-Lock Brakes.
Traction Control.
PAS.
Air-con (still running ice-cold).
Cruise Control (fully functioning).
Map net.
Tonneau cover.
Wind-deflector.

In addition to having a great specification she has also benifits from having a full service history, this is broken down as follows:

Mar 99 - Del Miles - PDI - Bates BMW
Dec 99 - 10668 - Oil - Sandel BMW
May 02 - 23611 - Insp I - Williams BMW
Mar 04 - 35889 - Oil - Williams BMW
Oct 06 - 44267 - Insp II - Williams BMW
Nov 07 - 55488 - Insp I - Whitehouse BMW
Apr 09 - 68213 - Oil - Whitehouse BMW
Nov 11 - 81213 - Insp II - Forrest BMW

Her next service (Oil) will be due in ~3000-4000miles. The Current mileage is just a smidge over 89050miles, it may go up slightly before we say our goodbyes:(

Since owning the Z3 we've maintained her service history and carried out additional works as necessary, replaced the waterpump (noisy bearing), replaced all 4 tyres, upgraded the Headlights and Sidelights for later style, fitted a Sony Bluetooth iPhone enabled stereo, fitted a subtle colour coded rear spoiler, changed the rear screen as the original went cloudy, changed her bonnet vents for chrome ones, fitted Z3roadster.net magnetic rear arch protectors and also sourced a genuine BMW Sapphire Black Hardtop, with heated rear screen and genuine fitting kit, never cheap when we want one!

Our Z'ed is currently on a personal plate, however this will be removed prior to the final sale. She's been a great car, still looks stunning (though please remember she is 14yrs old, so has the odd minor mark). The hard top has been fitted over the winter months, though she's done very few miles in that time. She starts readily and will take you anywhere without fuss; but most definately with a smile on your face!

She's has Tax until Jun 2013, MOT until Sept 2013 and we're asking £2800, but are open to sensible offers. All in all, a cracking 2.8 Z3 Roadster with the right specification, well below average mileage, removeable genuine BMW hard top, and comprehensive history.

Feel free to drop me a line.
Last edited by Hels Z'd on Sun 17 Mar, 2013 23:40, edited 2 times in total.
TR4man

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Re: BMW Z3 2.8, Sapphire with Hardtop

Post by TR4man »

Wow, that looks a beauty!

I'm sure it won't be around for long.

Regards

Peter
jenmark

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by jenmark »

That's a beautiful Z3 anyone looking for a Z must be mad not to consider your car at that price,all the best with the sale.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

That's a lot of nice car for the money glwts
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Hels Z'd

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Hels Z'd »

Thanks for comments guys and messages. There's me taking time to do a nice advert and I forget the mileage, anyway it's just over 89050miles, so well below average.
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

great car . should go soon . :D
ZedAintDead

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by ZedAintDead »

Pm sent!
Hels Z'd

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Hels Z'd »

Thanks for the messages again.

I listed the car on ebay last night, I'm sure some of you will have seen it. It would appear that she's now sold, but of course it's never sold til the money is in the bank!

Will update once things are confirmed.