Our Z3 no longer for trade for a Z4 on ebay.

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
helmik

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Our Z3 no longer for trade for a Z4 on ebay.

Post by helmik »

We have unexpectedly come into some cash so the wife wants a Z4 instead of the Z3, anyone looking to downsize? Not many on ebay in this condition with this miles and including a hardtop with the kit all lined up properly.
As much as she loves the Z3, it is our second one, she has always liked the Z4's too. Anyone know if theres as much seat adjustment in them, she is only 5'4" and only just gets the seat forward enough to drive the Z3?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151017700612? ... 1558.l2649

Thanks
Mick.
Last edited by helmik on Wed 27 Mar, 2013 21:02, edited 1 time in total.
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Our Z3 for trade for a Z4 on ebay.

Post by Zed Carer »

helmik wrote: ......
Anyone know if theres as much seat adjustment in them, she is only 5'4" and only just gets the seat forward enough to drive the Z3?
Thanks
Mick.
My wife had a Z3 for nearly 7 years and loved it until I persuaded her to trade it in and get a Z4 - she still hasn't forgiven me :D She has had the Z4 for over 5 years now (the Z3 and the Z4 were her daily commuting cars but she has recently retired) and is quite pleased with it. Her only gripe is that it's just a bit too civilised and lacks the retro look.

To answer your question she doesn't appear to have any problems and she is 5' 11/2" - but she can't see the bonnet even with the seat up and forward :D
Hers: Z4 2.0i Sp --------------------- His: Z3 2.8
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

Keep the z3 they are miles better.

The 'BEAST' 666
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Good luck with the sale, the Zed looks great and lowish miles so should sell.

You can't compare the Z3 and Z4, well not mine anyways, the Z3 is derived from 80s mechanicals lol. I think you will find the MK1 Z4 modern all round but the ride harsher if fitted with runflats. The E89 moves it on further still :lol:

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
helmik

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by helmik »

The wife has just read the comments and told me she thinks she agrees, the Z3 is more retro and looks better than a Z4!!!! She is having second thoughts and may keep the Z3. In a way that suits me as it means i can buy another motorbike wit the cash instead!!!
I will update when she has made a firm decision.

Mick
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

That's a nice, late Z3 with a hard top and low mileage. I'd be sad to say bye-bye to that car. If I needed an MPV to fit 3 kids then that's a different matter but even then I think I would try to squash them in the boot to keep that car. :D
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

helmik wrote:The wife has just read the comments and told me she thinks she agrees, the Z3 is more retro and looks better than a Z4!!!! She is having second thoughts and may keep the Z3. In a way that suits me as it means i can buy another motorbike wit the cash instead!!!

Mick
Mick, I've been there quite a few times with the Z3 :shock: especially since getting the Z4, I really really need a more practical car, hatch etc, but everytime I park the Z3 and walk away and still admire it after 5 years of owning it and it really would pain me to sell it. I'm just resigned to managing the practical side :lol: or finding a nice Z3 Coupe :lol:

Tim.
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

Only my opinion but I think there are far more nice z3's than z4's :oops: it's that thing that you can't quantify. I see a Z3 on the road and it brings a smile to my face regardless of condition(ish) I see a 4 it's just not the same.
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

I think you should keep the 3.. Looks awesome and with only 46k you have nothing to worry about for years... 8-)
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

helmik wrote:The wife has just read the comments and told me she thinks she agrees, the Z3 is more retro and looks better than a Z4!!!! She is having second thoughts and may keep the Z3. In a way that suits me as it means i can buy another motorbike wit the cash instead!!!

Mick
Under pressure I have to say that my wife likes the Z4 better for touring as, with the bigger boot, she can take many more pairs of shoes and handbags :head:

Our son lives in Fife so when we visit it's a 550 mile round trip and TBH I find that the Z4 is ideal for this journey - once you've got used to the firmer ride. Perhaps because it's that bit more refined I do sometimes (totally inadvertently) lose track of the speed we're doing :wink: Unfortunately my wife seems to have an in-built speed sensor that operates even when she is asleep :D
Hers: Z4 2.0i Sp --------------------- His: Z3 2.8
helmik

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Re: Our Z3 no longer for trade for a Z4 on ebay.

Post by helmik »

Decision made, she wants to keep the Z3. I am pleased in fact as i love it too. So as we are keeping it, i have just ordered a set of rear springs as the drivers side sits a little lower than the passenger, a new thermostat as the heater works fine on full but turn it down a bit and it drops to cold so changing that too, a set of front tyres, Maxxis to match the rears.
Any other bits and pieces you recommend to keep this perfect or to enhance it, thinking stereo upgrade with sat nav maybe, open to ideas.

Oh yes, i am getting a bike again too, result all round!!

Cheers and thanks for all the comments, they helped her to make her mind up.

Mick
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

Well done good decision :wink:
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Great decision :lol:

For a headunit, I can recommend a Becker with navigation, depends on your budget but they sound great :lol:

Tim.
si-forks

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by si-forks »

Sold my Z3 for a Z4 3.0si 265bhp best thing I've ever done

Si-forks is tapatalking
E30 318 1988 Gone
E36 320 1992 Gone

E36 328 1995 write off

E39 525d M Sport 2003 Current
E37 Z3 M44B1.9 1997 Current
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

:cheers

glad you kept the z3

The 'BEAST' 666
Rocketbike

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Rocketbike »

Good decision - I've looked long and hard at Z4's and mulled it over several times, they are lovely, but the Z3 stands out and is just fun :)
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

helmik wrote: Oh yes, i am getting a bike again too, result all round!!
What are you going to get?
helmik

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by helmik »

BladeRunner919 wrote: What are you going to get?
Another tourer. probably a V Strom again, had one that i sold back end of last year and wished i had kept it. We did Europe on the bike in 2011 and want to do it again, plus the Alps again. Might do it in the car this year though, still in the planning what to do for a holiday stage.

thanks for the support all, much appreciated. Roll on the sun.

Mick
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

helmik wrote: thinking stereo upgrade with sat nav maybe, open to ideas.
Not a car audio expert but my own choice was influenced by the need to have something contemporary that included a hands-free Bluetooth mobile phone facility (built-in microphone on the HU) and a USB socket so I could keep my audio collection on a cheap USB stick rather than either cluttering the limited space with CD cases or having the security risk of my IPOD on display.

The choice depends on your budget and whether you consider the Z3 an ideal acoustic environment which justifies a big spend – personally I didn’t
helmik

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by helmik »

Del wrote:
helmik wrote: thinking stereo upgrade with sat nav maybe, open to ideas.
Not a car audio expert but my own choice was influenced by the need to have something contemporary that included a hands-free Bluetooth mobile phone facility (built-in microphone on the HU) and a USB socket so I could keep my audio collection on a cheap USB stick rather than either cluttering the limited space with CD cases or having the security risk of my IPOD on display.

The choice depends on your budget and whether you consider the Z3 an ideal acoustic environment which justifies a big spend – personally I didn’t
What did you get in the end? Bluetooth is a must have i think nowadays. Just looking at Becker, i had one in the last Z and found it was ok but fiddly to input destinations, maybe that was just me though.

Mick
eyerisk

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by eyerisk »

I have a 2nd Unit (although in mint condition)

Pioneer KD-R711 with Bluetooth and USB Adaptor Plug......?

Open to offers...?

Cheers

Ian
helmik

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by helmik »

What sort of condition, got any pics and give me a clue how much posted to the Midlands??
ta

mick
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

helmik wrote:What did you get in the end?
Only a cheap unbranded one off Ebay – my main concern was to get one with a red/orange back-light to match the other instruments. :D I also renewed the footwell speakers with a pair of Pioneer speakers as one of mine was on the way out. The BMW ones looked like they had cheap paper cones – although in fairness technology has moved on and prices fallen.
helmik

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by helmik »

Del wrote: my main concern was to get one with a red/orange back-light to match the other instruments. :D I also renewed the footwell speakers with a pair of Pioneer speakers as one of mine was on the way out. The BMW ones looked like they had cheap paper cones – although in fairness technology has moved on and prices fallen.
Hadnt thought of that, very good point. I am surfing ebay at the moment looking and that was not something i was looking for. I will rejig the search criteria i think. Thanks very much for that info.

mick