Wanted Turrets and Side Panels

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
eyerisk

Z3 roadster 2.8

Wanted Turrets and Side Panels

Post by eyerisk »

Hi,

Am in the process of fitting hoops and new cubby box, but am after some Turret Covers and Side Panels to fit hoops?

Cheers

Ian
geminimustang

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Wanted Turrets and Side Panels

Post by geminimustang »

Ian, I'm not so sure you need to change the side panels.Somebody on the forum will know but the cubby box for roll hoop and non-roll hoop measures the same width.I stand to be corrected but I think you're only missing the turrets unless you're changing to match colours?
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

This follows on from another thread. Ian means the turrets with the removable panels/plates in them for access to the rollhoop fixings and not the lateral trim panels. He needs both the turrets and removable plates to match.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

He will need the lateral side trims too. The non roll hoop side trims are a different size / shape at the top, and the roll hoop turret covers don't fit onto them... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Southernboy wrote:He will need the lateral side trims too. The non roll hoop side trims are a different size / shape at the top, and the roll hoop turret covers don't fit onto them... :wink:
I beg to differ. They are a straight swap if you are fitting the right pre- or post-facelift parts for your car. I have done the retrofit to my car.

I should add that he needs the pre-facelift version.

Cheers R.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

I'll defer to your experience there. If there are pre & post facelift side trims, then there are pre & post facelift turret tops ??
"Normal is overrated"

Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Yes, and rollhoop and non-rollhoop variants of each. They are also available in beige. So, I make that 8 different ones (or 16 if you count left and right). :shock:

Cheers R.
geminimustang

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by geminimustang »

I'm surprised that there are pre-facelift and post-facelift interior trim.What changed inside the cockpit? I always thought there was roll-hoop,non roll-hoop, black and beige so 4 variants but they were all able to fitted to all z3's.Learn summit everyday.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

My experience when I did the retro fit was that the post facelift turret covers didn't fit onto the pre facelift sdetrim tops...I eventually found a set of post facelift sidetrims and that sorted it. The turret top covers are no longer available from BMW from what I was told at the time, so it seems that only "used" options will now be available.
And to add to the variants...there are covers with and without the leathery stuff covering the plastic...as is for the center storage boxes... :shock: does that make it 32 options?
"Normal is overrated"

eyerisk

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by eyerisk »

OMG.......why are things never straightforward.

I might just get the dremmel out and have a go as suggest by another member........finish with a o ring or some tubing.

I am pretty much hitting a blank anyway in terms of sourcing parts, breakers seem not interested.....the 5min response sorry we don't have any I think is code for - jeez that's to much effort for the payback.

I will keep hunting and thanks everyone for the help and support......hoops now coming this week with brackets - thanks Steve excellent purchase !!

Cheers

Ian
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Be patient Ian...all the parts will pop up in due time...you really need to just put the parts you have collected thus far into your garage, and keep an eye for the other bits...when they come up you can get them. There's no point in rushing along...as is said...if it's worth doing, it's worth doing well.
Besides, I'm sure enough members are now aware of your requirements, and they will no doubt give you a heads up if they see anything come up which you need...
"Normal is overrated"