WTB - Z3 3.0i

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

WTB - Z3 3.0i

Post by yalden »

All,

I've been in the market for a Z3 3.0i for months now and am having no luck. I've been browsing eBay, Pistonheads, Car and Classic, Exchange & Mart, Pre-Loved, Autotrader, stock exchange etc...

I'm hoping you can all help me find the right car because I'm struggling...

Colour

In order of preference;

Alpine White (was this even an option in the UK? There's plenty overseas but I've never seen one here)
Imola Red (I've only seen one for sale, but it was an auto will full beige interior / roof)
Hellrot Red (They're few and far between, none have popped up within the last 6 months that fit the bill)
Estoril Blue (Similar story to Hellrot, although there is one available at the moment)
Sapphire Black (Plenty out there, but I really fancied changing colour...)

Mileage and history

The lower the better, unlikely to go within anything above 90k unless it ticks every other box.

Reasonable service history is a must, with receipts etc to back up any recent work.

Specification

Madatory - Manual Transmission

Prefered (but not essential) - Sport model, decent interior specification.

Nice to haves - HK speaker upgrade, cruise control (although this is easily retrofitted), side airbags

There's money waiting for the right car...

Regards,

Chris
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: WTB - Z3 3.0i

Post by yalden »

Potential Candidate 1

Pro's
HK Speakers
Elec Roof
Side Airbags
Cruise Control
Heated Seats
OBC
Sports Seats
Low Mileage
1 previous owner

Con's
I'm not overly keen on chameleon leather
Non-sport model (superficial really)
It's black - I'd prefer a change in colour

CLICK FOR PISTONHEADS LINK
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

Potential Candidate 2

Pro's
Sport Model
M-stitched Steering Wheel
Elec Roof
Heated Seats
OBC
Sports Seats
One of the last (03-plate)
Estoril blue paint with blue roof (individual?)

Con's
High(ish) miles
No cruise control - easily retrofitted anyway
No side airbags
No HK speakers / sub

CLICK FOR EBAY LINK
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Nice motors, but be sure to check the boot welds whichever one you choose + other stuff shown on the knowledge base.

Bonzo
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

ill trade you my 3.0i for your car :D
Mad Max

blank

Post by Mad Max »

Hey Chris :)

Hope you're good matey.

Go M. Either that or I think there'll be a 2.8 Coupe up for sale soon in Helrot... ;)
Eastsix

Not specified

Post by Eastsix »

Mad Max wrote:Hey Chris :)

Hope you're good matey.

Go M. Either that or I think there'll be a 2.8 Coupe up for sale soon in Helrot... ;)

2.8 coupe? You mean a non M lhd coupe? Never seen one of them over here.

Yalden, those are some expensive cars! You just got bored of your own baby?
2.8 sadly departed, currently between zeds.....
Mad Max

blank

Post by Mad Max »

Yup, LHD, helrot... I can't remember the guys name but I think he's on here, saw something about him thinking of selling it a few weeks ago. Can't remeber if it was on here or Z3MCoupe.com...!

Just a suggestion from left field :)

Edit - found it. Quoted post from Z3MCoupe.com. I think AndyZ3C is Spurs fan in a Coupe, isn't it..? I could be completely incorrect here!
Car will be for sale soon!

If anyone is interested in my 1998 2.8 LHD coupe let me know

Cheers
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

Mad Max wrote:Go M. Either that or I think there'll be a 2.8 Coupe up for sale soon in Helrot... ;)
If I had the budget, i'd get a Z3M coupe, but a decent one is typically double the money i'm looking to spend (5-6k).

I could probably stretch my budget to accommodate a Z3M roadster, but they're not as appealing to me as a 3.0 facelift. I just love the look of the facelift model with the aero kit fitted.
Eastsix wrote:Yalden, those are some expensive cars! You just got bored of your own baby?
I have a few bits shoved in the cupboard that I've bought over a last 6 months and a short list of rare parts that I've sourced and am looking to buy. I don't see much value doing any more work on my car because the mileage has crept up over the years and my current job means I can finally have a 'weekend only' car, so it'd be great to get something new with low miles and throw some money at it to make it even more special than my current Z3.
spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by spurs fan in a coupe »

Mad Max wrote:Yup, LHD, helrot... I can't remember the guys name but I think he's on here, saw something about him thinking of selling it a few weeks ago. Can't remeber if it was on here or Z3MCoupe.com...!

Just a suggestion from left field :)

Edit - found it. Quoted post from Z3MCoupe.com. I think AndyZ3C is Spurs fan in a Coupe, isn't it..? I could be completely incorrect here!
Car will be for sale soon!

If anyone is interested in my 1998 2.8 LHD coupe let me know
Thanks for the plug Max, I did meet Yalden once at a BMW car show, not sure you ever saw my coupe though Chris?

It is in the process of going up for sale.

If you are interested let me know, the mileage (173,000 and rising) might put you off, but certainly a great little car.

And yes AndyZ3C is me Spurs fan in a coupe, my cover is blown! :lol:
we expres: " He did hear the bells ringing, but doesnt know where where the clapper hangs".
Mad Max

blank

Post by Mad Max »

I've always loved that Helrot coupe Andy, very special little beast. It was always dissapointing that we didn't get the 2.8/3.0 in the UK.

Chris. when I was looking at coupes I couldn't belive what £8k could get you in a roadster... sub 50k M ones, proper garage queens...!
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Good to see you still have the bug Yalden, I followed the progress with your current car a few years back. You will love the 3.0 it is a lovely engine.

If it were my choice I would look out for a sport, had a few tweeks here and there in both styling and spec over the standard 3.0, prices are all over the place at the moment, it is a buyers market, good luck.
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

Brian H wrote:Good to see you still have the bug Yalden, I followed the progress with your current car a few years back. You will love the 3.0 it is a lovely engine.

If it were my choice I would look out for a sport, had a few tweeks here and there in both styling and spec over the standard 3.0, prices are all over the place at the moment, it is a buyers market, good luck.
Can you list out the differences that a sport model benefitted from? I'm genuinely interested to know...

I'm guessing:

Sport front bumper mesh
M sport suspension
...?
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

yalden wrote:Can you list out the differences that a sport model benefitted from? I'm genuinely interested to know...

I'm guessing:

Sport front bumper mesh
M sport suspension
...?
Jonttt has the sales brochures on a PDF as linked below, this will show the differences - It is a large file 73Mb

Z3 Nov 2001Brochure

HTH

Edit:

spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by spurs fan in a coupe »

Mad Max wrote:I've always loved that Helrot coupe Andy, very special little beast. It was always dissapointing that we didn't get the 2.8/3.0 in the UK.

Chris. when I was looking at coupes I couldn't belive what £8k could get you in a roadster... sub 50k M ones, proper garage queens...!

Thanks Max,

Yalden.... I'll stop screwing with your thread now!

Best of luck finding a 3.0, I was watching this one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200934009810? ... 1423.l2649

But the eBay advert, and openness about how bad their cars are, put me off.
we expres: " He did hear the bells ringing, but doesnt know where where the clapper hangs".
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

I'm still on the hunt... I haven't seen a red Z3 3.0i in yonks. It's a great shame as my collection of new parts is building up and I can't share them until I have a car to fit them to! :x
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

Where are the Hellrot 3.0's at...