Wanted door mirror for a 1997 Z3

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
JJG

blank

Wanted door mirror for a 1997 Z3

Post by JJG »

Can anyone help, I'm looking for a replacement door mirror for a black 1997 1.9 Z3
It's a manual type . The previous one has been snapped at the base.
Can anyone also give me a steer on how difficult they are to replace.

Cheers.
geordie90

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Wanted door mirror for a 1997 Z3

Post by geordie90 »

do you still have the mirror, theres a german guy who will supply you with a new colour coded base, spring and bolt and a upgraded plastic mirror insert that will fit inside you old mirror housing for approx 100 quid.
I got one and its an improvement on the aluminuim type and cheaper than buying a new one form BMW, second hand ones are likely to be in a similar condition as your broken one internally and are prone to break.
~Check the threads on here for the details about the German guy, hes called UDO and speaks english, nice fella and a real enthusiast

Craig
geordie90

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by geordie90 »

as far as replacing the bits, its a doddle took me ten minutes once i had received it. Ordered on friday received it on Tuesday fitted in ten, job done.

Craig
JJG

blank

Post by JJG »

Thanks for the response ill follow the thread and let you know how
I get on.

Cheers JJG