Wanted Z3 Wind Deflector 1997

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Paulh

Z3 roadster 1.9

Wanted Z3 Wind Deflector 1997

Post by Paulh »

I'm looking for a wind deflector for a 97 Z3 similar to this

http://www.justroadster.com/mesh-wind-d ... -2002.html

from JR Products, I've read many of the posts on here with interest regarding the limited options for a Z without roll hoops and am just looking for a simple solution, I don't want to have to go down the road of having to retro fit hoops, has anybody got anything similar to this or any other suggestions ?

Is adding hoops the only real option to provide a decent choice ?

As always thank you in advance for any help that you can offer.

Paul
Rocketbike

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Wanted Z3 Wind Deflector 1997

Post by Rocketbike »

Hi
I've got the OEM version much like this, and it works well :)
Paulh

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Paulh »

Thinking about getting the OEM one now myself, either that or getting the father in law to fabricate one :)
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

There a a few on eBay, click the link below :-

Wind deflector

You have to be careful to get the right one for your car, there are 2 versions for cars with no hoops, the difference is the spacing between the mounting pins.

I have not used a non hoop version myself but cannot see that there will be a great deal of difference between the non hoop and hoop version.
Paulh

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Paulh »

Thanks Brian,

I've got my eye on a couple both new and used, obviously I'll keep looking on here as well though used ones are few and far between.

Paul
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

I have one, I think exactly as the one pictured in your link. It works well, but it has very poor quality, looks very cheap, no real leather which is visible very well, and there are some scratches on it from folding roof. So I decided to buy used OEM one, which cost me twice as much, but it looks solid and well made. Because I have custom subwoofer instead of storage box behind the seats, I got one of earlier OEM wind deflector versions which are NLA and not so easy to find (later version wouldn't fit).

Now I don't need the cheap looking one, but I am using it's mounting parts and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Paulh

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Paulh »

Thanks for the info Deni2s