Genuine Z3M Wheels for sale

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Rice

M coupe S54

Genuine Z3M Wheels for sale

Post by Rice »

Hi, hope mods don't mind me signing up and posting here, selling these wheels on behalf of my brother who doesn't do forums! And thought you guys might be interested in these...

Genuine Z3M 17" wheels taken from a 2001 Coupe.

Widths and offsets -

Fronts are 7.5J with an offset of ET41

Rears are 9J with an offset of ET8

The wheels aren't in bad original condition, got some very light kurb marks as seen in the photos, they are by no means deep, and would not be a problem to get rid of if refurbished.

No buckles, bends, cracks or previous repairs.

As you can also seen in the photos the centre caps and badges are in very good condition!

Now for pictures:

Price: £350 + £30 P&P

Thanks for looking, if anyone from the south east area is interested i can get them taken to near Epsom in Surrey on the 2nd October.
JamesZ32.8

blank

Re: Genuine Z3M Wheels for sale

Post by JamesZ32.8 »

Pm ill take them
David

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by David »

JamesZ32.8 wrote:Pm ill take them
Wow... He didn't even mention a price and you've said you want them! Could be thousands..... Too late now; you've said yes.

Then again - in which case, they could be free!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Southernboy wrote:Nipple Cream
JamesZ32.8

blank

Post by JamesZ32.8 »

He did 350 plus 30 pound postage hahaaaaa good one sherlock
OXO

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by OXO »

JamesZ32.8 wrote:Pm ill take them
Do you realise the rears won't fit a non M?
JamesZ32.8

blank

Post by JamesZ32.8 »

Ohh right how come ? Wont take the Offset ?
OXO

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by OXO »

Yep, that's it.

Pity, cos I would like some of that deep dish rear goodness too.
David

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by David »

JamesZ32.8 wrote:Ohh right how come ? Wont take the Offset ?
Hahaaaa good one Sherlock ;)

JamesZ32.8

blank

Post by JamesZ32.8 »

DavidZ3 wrote:
JamesZ32.8 wrote:Ohh right how come ? Wont take the Offset ?
Hahaaaa good one Sherlock ;)

Not really the point you were making thought was it
What you even doing here ???
David

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by David »

Well......... This is awkward. :/

Logged in on my computer and it does show a price you are correct, and I apologise.

But on my phone....

Still... A friendly sense of humour, and less negativity towards others will help you a lot more on this forum and elsewhere. Yes - I made a mistake, but there's no need to question my participation so abruptly as "What you even doing here ???"

Please don't take offence, and let's leave it here.
Sorry to OP.

JamesZ32.8

blank

Post by JamesZ32.8 »

No problem
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Um, seriously, these will NOT fit a 2.8. The ///M rear axle is much narrower than that of the 2.8, so they would stick out a mile. You could fit them to a 1.9 with wide arches retrofitted as the 1.9 narrowbody axle is a similar width. The fronts ends of all the zeds are the same, so the fronts would fit.

Regarding the missing price when viewed on the phone, what app and phone is this? It does NOT look like this on Tapatalk on Android - I see the price and the images are laid out one below the other, not in a grid. If this is a bug in the new free version of Tapatalk, then please report it to them.

Cheers R.

Edit: They can be made to fit a lowered car provided that you "stretch" the tyres. See yaldens comments below.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
David

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by David »

Its on the iPhone Robert T
spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by spurs fan in a coupe »

Robert T wrote:Um, seriously, these will NOT fit a 2.8. The ///M rear axle is much narrower than that of the 2.8, so they would stick out a mile. You could fit them to a 1.9 with wide arches retrofitted as the 1.9 narrowbody axle is a similar width. The fronts ends of all the zeds are the same, so the fronts would fit.

Regarding the missing price when viewed on the phone, what app and phone is this? It does NOT look like this on Tapatalk on Android - I see the price and the images are laid out one below the other, not in a grid. If this is a bug in the new free version of Tapatalk, then please report it to them.

Cheers R.

I wont open the 'they will fit' debate.

But I do have the rear axle from the 1.9 narrow body that I am breaking available if that helps anyone?
we expres: " He did hear the bells ringing, but doesnt know where where the clapper hangs".
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

With the right tyres they'll fit no problem!

Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Yalden, would you mind posting a pic showing the rears from the rear so we can see how far the wheel extends.

I had them on my 2.8 with 245 tyres and they exceeded the arch by at least 12mm.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

Gazza wrote:Yalden, would you mind posting a pic showing the rears from the rear so we can see how far the wheel extends.

I had them on my 2.8 with 245 tyres and they exceeded the arch by at least 12mm.
Sure thang, will do it tomorrow! You may need to excuse the state of the car though, it's been sat up through rain and shine for about 2 months :oops:
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Thanks ;) Mines filthy, not had a chance to wash it since coming home from Belgium :shock:
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

ImageImage
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

What size tyres are you running with yalden?
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
martyb

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by martyb »

I love the look of these wheels. If only my 1.9 wasn't narrow bodied id snap these up. :(
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

yalden wrote:
Gazza wrote:Yalden, would you mind posting a pic showing the rears from the rear so we can see how far the wheel extends.

Sure thang, will do it tomorrow! You may need to excuse the state of the car though, it's been sat up through rain and shine for about 2 months :oops:
Sorry for the delay:-

Z3cade wrote:What size tyres are you running with yalden?
I'm running 205/40/17's on the rear, they're what came on the wheels when I bought them (someone had them on his E36). I'm confident I could get away with a slightly fatter tyre but some degree of stretch is essential!
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Thanks, yalden. I'm afraid I have a slightly definition of "fit", in that you should be able to run standard suspension and tyres without them failing an MOT, but I have edited my post above to reflect the fact that they can be "made to fit".

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

Looks a good fit to me.. But like you say you have to have the stretch rears.. You could prob get away with 215/40/17 with 205/40/17 on the fronts?
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

I agree with Rob, they do 'Fit' ie bolted on but not as originally intended by BMW with the correct size tyre.

This is my 2.8 which came with ///M wheels when I bought it, you can see how much they extend from the line of the rear arch

Another view 9not my car) showing the extended width using ///M rear wheels

Gazza

ImageImage
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

You have to go for stretched tyres otherwise they look nasty.. :?
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Z3cade wrote:You have to go for stretched tyres otherwise they look nasty.. :?
Stretched tyres don't ? :head:
Gazza

ImageImage
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

Robert T wrote:Thanks, yalden. I'm afraid I have a slightly definition of "fit", in that you should be able to run standard suspension and tyres without them failing an MOT, but I have edited my post above to reflect the fact that they can be "made to fit".
No problem, it's not a look that appeals to everyone and few of us modify our cars to please others. The good thing about this forum is that as a body of enthusiasts we generally welcome all variations in style and taste. My only point here is that if you don't mind stretching tyres, Z3M wheels can be made to fit a non-M without any problems (inc. MOT - I've had no problems over the last 8 years that I've been running cars with stretched tyres).
Z3cade wrote:Looks a good fit to me.. But like you say you have to have the stretch rears.. You could prob get away with 215/40/17 with 205/40/17 on the fronts?
I think you're right, I'd like to try 214/40/17's and check how much clearance is left thereafter, you could possibly even get away with 215/45/17's!
Gazza wrote:I agree with Rob, they do 'Fit' ie bolted on but not as originally intended by BMW with the correct size tyre.
This is true, but any change from factory is a step away from what BMW originally intended. Unless you're looking to keep a car entirely stock then this shouldn't be an issue!
Gazza wrote:
I could question the appearance of illegally spaced number plates, but as above it's all personal preference!
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

yalden wrote:[
Gazza wrote:
I could question the appearance of illegally spaced number plates, but as above it's all personal preference!
Exactly that ;) I did some 'fashionable' things with cars in my youth but we won't go into that :)

My argument with my current plate if that it isn't misplaced, it just has two characters missing from the end :P
Gazza

ImageImage
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

Looks like the best tyre size that near matches the original diameter is 215/45/17 but whether they will fit under your arch is another matter..