Cruise control interface wanted.

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Rafolian

Z3 roadster 2.8

Cruise control interface wanted.

Post by Rafolian »

Hi all, does anyone have for sale a cruise control interface for a 1998 2.8 single vanos?
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Cruise control interface wanted.

Post by Southernboy »

Why do you need an interface ? Does your car have the "fly by wire" accelerator, or the Bowden cable system? If you have a bownden cable from pedal to the throttle, you don't need the interface... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Rafolian

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rafolian »

Mine is the Bowden cable Barry, so do all I need is the cruise control stalk assembly?
If that's the case then that's a result, I have just bought one on flea-bay.
Cheers.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

You need ...
Stalk switch - #61318360926
Clutch switch # 61318360421
Actuator with bowden cable etc which is fitted between the fuse box and the L/front suspension tower...if your car doesn't have the actuator mounting bracket fitted, you will need one of those too. # 65718369027
Brain box - plugs into main loom under / behind glove box# 65711387625.

The vehicle main wiring harness has all the necessary connectors in place...ie. apart from the actuator mounting...everything literally clips in. The column / stalk switch connector is under the driver steering column cover. The clutch switch clips into the the clutch pedal and the connector right there. The actuator connection is right by the position where the actuator mounts and the brain box "Control unit F" connector is behind the glove box. The brain box fits into a vacant recess below the other control units behind the glove box...
You need to cut a small opening into the lower steeering column switch shroud...if you look on the inside of the shroud, youy will see it marked out just below the opening for the wiper control switch.
If you're interested, I have a clutch switch and the "BRAIN BOX"...£. 40.00 incl postage..... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

The "interface" is applicable to cars with the "fly by wire" accelerator setup. It connects the accelerator and the cruise control column switch via the interface.
"Normal is overrated"

Rafolian

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rafolian »

Cheers for that Barry, bit more involved than I thought, so will let it go for the time being!
johnjo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by johnjo »

Just about to strip a Z3 with cruise control fitted, so will have all the parts for sale
Not sure if it is better to sell as complete kit or single parts.
It is the 1.9 16v model but I guess most of the parts are the same
Any thoughts welcome.
All other parts are for sale as well.