Looking for seat heating connector under the seat

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Looking for seat heating connector under the seat

Post by deni2s »

Just changed standard seats to M-seats on my z3, everything went as expected, only looks like previous car owner has lost seat heating connector under drivers seat and wires were connected directly without connector.

It is small connector with two wires. I need the part which is attached to wire which comes from floor of the car. Maybe someone here is breaking the car and can ship me connector for reasonable price.

I have pre-facelift car, not sure if that connector is different on facelift cars.
Dino D

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Looking for seat heating connector under the seat

Post by Dino D »

Don't have the part but can confirm connectors are different from per to post facelift.
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

You can actually buy all the connectors and the pins that go inside them from a dealer:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.do?m ... 8079&hg=61

I replaced the plug to the double temperature switch in mine by buying the bits from the dealer. You just need to find the right casing and then buy the metal connectors to go with it.
OXO

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by OXO »

BladeRunner919 wrote:You can actually buy all the connectors and the pins that go inside them from a dealer:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.do?m ... 8079&hg=61

I replaced the plug to the double temperature switch in mine by buying the bits from the dealer. You just need to find the right casing and then buy the metal connectors to go with it.
Having spent 6 weeks going over this with coopers bmw last autumn, I will advise you that's it's a nearly pointless quest to find the heated seat parts for a facelift.

Of course, if you have the part numbers.. Then gimme gimme..
Dino D

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Dino D »

Ps well done on changing the seats.
With the standard seats and my car cornering so flat and hard the standard seats were a joke!
I got a CG lock and then did the incline mod (not Southerboys one biut his looks better than the one I got for sure) which made it better. Still use all that on the sports seat I have in now and it's a big transformation. Well worth it and when you have the seat heaters working even better!
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

Thanks for replies and suggestions. I think I can try to find part number of connector on realoem and order from bmw dealer. I have the other part of connector (female or male - have to check that) so I can try to find it on realoem diagrams.

Interior of the car looks totally different with other color seats (I have black color m seats now and before it was tanin red standard). I am not tracking my car, but I appreciate better look of M seats :) Have them for one day so I don't have any mature opinion about practical side yet :)
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do ... g=61&fg=15

I believe it is part 5 in this diagramm or #61136925611. Can anyone confirm that?
OXO

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by OXO »

If you pm me your email address deni2s, I will forward you all the email correspondence I had with Coopers. It may be of some use, and I am very interested if you can find the correct parts for this.
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

OXO wrote:If you pm me your email address deni2s, I will forward you all the email correspondence I had with Coopers. It may be of some use, and I am very interested if you can find the correct parts for this.
PM sent.
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

Not sure if a couple of the piccies in my journal might help you out here (take a look at the post where I describe fitting ///m seats) - you can just about make out some part numbers on the connectors http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... l&start=58 I'm pretty sure I've got some other pictures of the connectors somewhere too. Let me know if you want me to take a look.
Current...1998 ///M Coupe
Previously...1997 Z3 2.8
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »