Z3 2.8 Widebody 1998 For Sale

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Thesurveyor

M roadster S50

Z3 2.8 Widebody 1998 For Sale

Post by Thesurveyor »

I have owned it for one year and applied myself to sepnding loads of time and money on it and getting it "just so" . Now I have been smitten by an M Roadster so this one has got to go.
The good stuff:
Low mileage; the 65000 is verifiable from on line MOT data.
There are staggered 17" wheels and it has "all the bells and whistles". There's a matching green hard top with working heated rear window and a brand new BMW fitting kit that was only put on in January.
Becker Indianapolis Pro head unit with Ipod connection, built in sat nav and bluetooth phone.
Aic con fully working, two heated seats similarly good. All the switch blanks on the dash and centre console are full with something or other. It has cruise control fitted retrospectively. Theres a beige tonneau and a BMW wind deflector thingy.
The M50 manifold was fitted by BM Sport in Bexleyheath and the car remapped makes 205hp and a much better noise than standard. I even have part of Southernboy's 2.8 in the form of a carbon fibre wrapped fuel rail cover.
The Aceman rocking seat repair is done and there was a new fuel pump and front end overhaul. The latter was a new water pump, thermostat, idler pulley and viscous fan clutch.
It has two keys and a new alarm/central locking set up.
The tyres are good the body average but no significant rust at all. The powered soft top works/looks great and the rear window is clear.
Loads of tax (Dec) not so much MOT (July)
The bad stuff:
No service history at all before 2013.
Scuff marks on wheels
Bird droppings mark on bonnet.
Small chips in screen (not MOT failure material)
One seat belt guide broken but repaired.

I'm asking £3,250 and those on here will know that the hard top, fitting kit and Becker on their own are worth more than £1,000

EDIT - just went to set up Autotrader Advert and it pinged up for free that my lovely car is actually Cat D. Well I did not run an HPI check when I bought it so it serves me right I suppose but I would still have bought it. So anyway just slashed £500 off asking price to reflect it.
(TBH I got a very reasonable off from WBAC so I'm tempted to take that and keep/sell goodies separately).

Car in Dartford, Kent. Please PM me if interested.
Thesurveyor

M roadster S50

Re: Z3 2.8 Widebody 1998 For Sale

Post by Thesurveyor »

I just discovered that my car is CAT D but I don't know any details I'm afraid. I have reduced the asking price.
tom116d

BMW other

Post by tom116d »

2.5k out of the question?
2013 F21
1 Series 116ED 3 Door Sport
Efficient Dynamic
Alpine White
Privacy Glass

2003 Renault Sport Clio 172 2.0
1999 Ford Focus LX 1.6
1994 Ford Fiesta SI 1.4
Thesurveyor

M roadster S50

Post by Thesurveyor »

I would prefer that you came and had a look before talking offers. It's a remarkably straight car albeit one with a history.
Supplied from Belgium when it was cheap to do that. Lived in Brighton for a while and owned by an air hostess (no hairdresser references please) who tootled up and down the M23 to Gatwick. It's been under cover most of its life so no corrosion at all on the mirror bases for instance. Chap before me was a post office mechanic and had it for 3 or 4 years.
The MOT history does give some idea of what happened when and where.
Thesurveyor

M roadster S50

Post by Thesurveyor »

Now sold. I told you all it was a good one.
Proof that Zroadster can work.
I'm not going anywhere and will be back with an
MRoadster soon.