Selling my baby 3.0 Zed

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
HandsomeMike

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Selling my baby 3.0 Zed

Post by HandsomeMike »

The time has come to part ways with my baby... I never thought I'd sell the Zed but I just don't drive her enough to justify it.

She's a 2001 3.0i Z3. I got her in 2009 from a dealership in Bury after they'd bought it from auction in Scotland. Not without her initial problems I replaced the rear window, ABS sensors, transverse accelerometer and have serviced the car yearly with Northwest BMW. There was no service history from prior to me buying the car but i have everything since.

Red and Black leather sports seats and door inserts - black and red dash.

I hate selling cars (certainly this one) and try to be as honest as possible so here are any issues i have with the car:

Slight scuffs on rear wings from cheap all weather cover. I'm told these will buff out easily.
Touch of rust above the keyhole on boot. needs attention - certainly not major.
Slight corrosion starting on front wheel arches - looks cosmetic but i wouldn't like to leave it.
Electric roof is set to manual - I believe the motor has gone.
Original radio display is missing pixels.

Other than that it's mechanically perfect - MOT until July next year and taxed until the end of this month. No exageration to say that she's a joy to drive and the engine sounds beutiful.

I'm based in the Northwest of England between Manchester and Liverpool.

I'm looking for £3100 but i'm open to sensible offers. email me at mrees@oldcourtsevents.co.uk if you want more pictures or information.

84,000 miles on the clock.
HandsomeMike

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Selling my baby 3.0 Zed

Post by HandsomeMike »

Update: I've had a number of people interested but it's still not sold - I'm happy for the price to go down to £2800 to get it sold!
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

Surprised you haven't had potential buyers fighting one another outside your home, at that price for a late 3.0. :(
johnz3

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by johnz3 »

Seems a very good buy at £2800. If you assume £500 to sort a few things out then only £3300.
HandsomeMike

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by HandsomeMike »

John and Del - You'd have thought so! But clearly it's the wrong time of year! I'm in a rush to sell it which means I'm not in a great position - Very frustrating!
Lexybhoy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Lexybhoy »

All,

I had been searching for a Z3 for all of OCtober and November. You know how it is, you get to a point that when a new advert pops up be it on Autotrader, eBay, PH, Gumtree, or carandclassic etc, you instantly know it's a new one because you've been obsessing over them. The reason I mention this is.... I viewed upwards of 60 cars online, and a handful in person and Mikes' Zed, without exception looks like the best value for money car out there, and that's at the original price of £3,100. FTR, I do not know Mike and have never met him, but he was very honest in the description of his car and may even have been honest to a fault if that's possible.

Unfortunately for Mike, the very night he put his 3.0 on the forum for sale, I had bought my train ticket to go and collect a 2.8 that I'd put a deposit down for.

Now if I hadn't already made that commitment I would've purchased Mikes car in a heart beat. Time will tell if I shouldn't or should have !

Even though it is approaching Xmas, someone somewhere will surely see the sense in buying this.
Hoppo1979

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Hoppo1979 »

This looks to be a bargain! I have recently bought a 3.0i sport with 80k for £4250. Granted its a few plates newer but a facelift 3.0i for sub £3k is a bargain! Had I been looking I would have bought this in a heartbeat!