Just purchased Z4 2006 3.0ltr SI sport

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
lurch 1

blank

Just purchased Z4 2006 3.0ltr SI sport

Post by lurch 1 »

After much searching etc I have located Z4 3.0 2006 with 60K miles in exceptional condition, so now have a Z3 and Z4. nice to compare the 2 cars. I bought it as present to myself! I will post pictures once I find how to. JBD :D
Last edited by lurch 1 on Wed 24 Dec, 2014 18:15, edited 1 time in total.
billz

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Re: Just purchased Z4 2006 3.0ltr

Post by billz »

Congrats on your new purchase. We kept our z3 3.0 over a year when we bought our Z4 3.0. They are completly different cars to drive, i do prefer the z3 for tight twisty turns but found the z4 better for doing euro trips. Now we just have the Z4
Image ImageImageUploaded with ImageShack.com
Z3 3.0 Sports Sold
Z4 3.0si Ruby Black with Champagne Leather and Piano Black Dash
Smartbear

blank

Re: Just purchased Z4 2006 3.0ltr

Post by Smartbear »

Hi lurch1 we have the same cars, a 2.2 z3 & a 3.0si z4 like you, love driving both of them-the 6 pot engines are so smooth running :)
lurch 1

blank

Re: Just purchased Z4 2006 3.0ltr SI sport

Post by lurch 1 »

Yes agree, the main differance for me is the seating position, on Z3 I sit on it rather than in it, (cant get seat low enough or back enough) but Z4 is just right, nice and low down like my S-type Jag and it feel more solid,tight and the feeling of a well built car around me, its on new set of run flats and I noted it can shimmy a bit when hitting rough bits of road. Z3 I have owned for about 5 years and on the twisty road its brilliant, went up Glencoe in summer with top down all way up and back and it turns to a different car on such a run, I drove the Z4 back 90mls today and enjoyed it so looking forward to more miles. Bought it as Xmas gift to myself! Now I need to get the polish out, and maybe, just maybe think about looking for new owner for my Z3, :D JBD
Z3andZ4

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Just purchased Z4 2006 3.0ltr SI sport

Post by Z3andZ4 »

Me too.

Z3 3 litre which is the daily runner to the station etc and Z4M coupe for dry sunny days. The 3 litre LHD Z4 we have in Mallorca is a lovely drive and so much less of a handful than the M. As previous contributors have said totally different drives. Just added a 58 plate 135i M sports coupe and boy oh boy it beats them all. Never thought I'd accept normal aspiration and never thought I'd have an auto box, but the 306 bhp in manual on the steering wheel paddles makes it soooooo much fun, if thirsty. Never had an mpg problem of this magnitude before with the rest of the stable but boy are those twin turbo's thirsty. 22 mpg so far.

Love the Zed's to bits though and can never see me getting rid of the M as had her since brand new and only 24k on clock.

Would ideally like to chop the Z3 in for a Z3M but know I don't need it and it's hardly a runaround to the station!!

Enjoy the Zeds they are wonderful simple driving machines, especially the 6 cylinder versions.
2001 Z3 3 litre Sport Roadster - titanium and special
2006 Z4M coupe - Interlagos and red
http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q62 ... huiwqu.jpg