1997 1.9 Atlanta Blue Z3 poorly sick,reduced, £1,150ono

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
geminimustang

Z3 roadster 1.9

1997 1.9 Atlanta Blue Z3 poorly sick,reduced, £1,150ono

Post by geminimustang »

Today the zed broke down on the M6 whilst travelling at 1mph,no,not a typo,1mph.traffic was horrendous.RAC towed me home and stated it's either wiring fault,broken fan or ECU.In the weeks leading up to the breakdown,the temperature gauge was moving towards the red in peak hour,crawling traffic.In the hour plus,before the breakdown the zed was driving at no more than 10mph from Leeds to the Thelwall Viaduct,then down to the 1mph, when there was a puff of steam and pulled over to the hard shoulder.It appears the fan isn't kicking in.The water pump was replaced a couple of years back but i'm wondering if it's the thermostat at fault.So,as i work 12 hour continental shifts and need a reliable commute,the zed has to go.£1,150ono.Recent new clutch,new exhaust,4 good tyres,recent battery.approx 72k miles,full service history & receipts.RAC advising it's not to be driven until fixed so that's where your negotiating skills come in handy as you will incur cost towing it away and sorting the issue out.A breakdown vehicle brought it back to the Wirral.
Must be worth the price to a breaker,i'd have thought.
LookinFoolish

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: 1997 1.9 Atlanta Blue Z3 poorly sick,reduced, £1,150ono

Post by LookinFoolish »

For everyones' reference. The BMW Z3 for sale in this thread is mine. My Dad's account posted it up for sale.

You can see more about what i've done to it since i've had it: viewtopic.php?t=32382

£1,150 wanted for it. It has been a great car. Always driven sensibly and treated with care. Car is now SORN with current MOT (will check how much is remaining).
1997 BMW Z3 1.9l