SOLD: Genuine pair of BMW clear headlights

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Orinoco

Z3 roadster 2.8

SOLD: Genuine pair of BMW clear headlights

Post by Orinoco »

Hi
I have a pair (passenger and drivers side) of genuine (not aftermarket fitted lenses) BMW clear indicator headlights.

All fitting lugs are intact and lenses are in good condition with no cracks etc. Dipped and main beam bulbs fitted and included. No headlight adjusters but a 5 min job to swap over from your lights.

£175 including tracked postage to a UK mainland address Deposit received SOLD

Any questions or if you want to buy please send a PM

Please see pics below:

Last edited by Orinoco on Thu 19 Mar, 2015 10:33, edited 1 time in total.
Orinoco

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: FS: Genuine pair of BMW clear headlights

Post by Orinoco »

Bump
Orinoco

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Orinoco »

Bump
stevie_a

blank

Post by stevie_a »

I would like a set of these, but if you see they are on Ebay all the time at this price and never sell, almost £200 for to have white indicators

I don't know if it is just me, but i think the second hand lights for sale are way over priced.

Sorry to be so negative, It is not only the lights, for instance £500 for a hard top fitting kit, Image that's a joke

Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

......... these items are becoming more scarce, so the law of supply and demand will take it's toll.... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Orinoco

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Orinoco »

stevie_a wrote:I would like a set of these, but if you see they are on Ebay all the time at this price and never sell, almost £200 for to have white indicators

I don't know if it is just me, but i think the second hand lights for sale are way over priced.

Sorry to be so negative, It is not only the lights, for instance £500 for a hard top fitting kit, Image that's a joke

Hi
Out of interest what would you pay for a set of original BMW clear indicator lights?

I have had in the last 24 hours, 2 people who are wanting the lights off me so they will be probably sold in the next day or so at my asking price if they don't sell I may put them on Ebay as there are single clear indicator units selling for more than £88 each regularly on there but as always I offer my items to forum members first.

Considering a new single clear indicator light unit from BMW is around £600 (mine are used but are less than £88 each including bulbs and postage). There is at the other end of the scale the cheaper alternative available by baking the lights in the oven etc to fit aftermarket clear lenses at a reasonable c£50 for them (which have only recently been offered again by Southernboy on here).

I would say that £175 for a pair including tracked postage (they are sizeable and heavy) is a fair price. The bulbs alone are probably worth £25. Also if you factor in selling the old orange indicator units off to recoup some money they are a reasonable purchase in my opinion.

I have been around for years on the Z3 scene and think I have a decent idea at what things sell for and at a reasonable price and have sold 000's of items and bought many rare and unique parts so know where to look and what to pay for stuff.

The hardtop fitting kits fetch a premium as BMW do not make them anymore. Because of this people will pay what you may class as an expensive price but if they want a hardtop and the benefits of having one they need the fitting kit to enable this.

Supply and demand and as with everything something is worth what someone is willing to pay.

Regards
James
Orinoco

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Orinoco »

Deposit literally just received for the lights at my asking price!

SOLD
spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Re: SOLD: Genuine pair of BMW clear headlights

Post by spurs fan in a coupe »

I agree mate, that is cheap for clear headlights, especially with postage getting more and more expensive
we expres: " He did hear the bells ringing, but doesnt know where where the clapper hangs".
Orinoco

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Orinoco »

spurs fan in a coupe wrote:I agree mate, that is cheap for clear headlights, especially with postage getting more and more expensive
Thanks for the comment mate as I think we both charge fair prices for our parts. I've referred a few people your way previously and they have actually commented that we both offer decent parts at decent prices.

As I'm breaking my own car as a one off I can appreciate what a time consuming task it is breaking the car, replying to queries, packing stuff up and posting etc.

Regards
James
spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by spurs fan in a coupe »

Orinoco wrote:
spurs fan in a coupe wrote:I agree mate, that is cheap for clear headlights, especially with postage getting more and more expensive
Thanks for the comment mate as I think we both charge fair prices for our parts. I've referred a few people your way previously and they have actually commented that we both offer decent parts at decent prices.

As I'm breaking my own car as a one off I can appreciate what a time consuming task it is breaking the car, replying to queries, packing stuff up and posting etc.

Regards
James

:cheers
we expres: " He did hear the bells ringing, but doesnt know where where the clapper hangs".