Topaz blue panels (from 3.0 facelift)

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
markhinton

Z3 roadster 2.8

Topaz blue panels (from 3.0 facelift)

Post by markhinton »

Hello,

I have a few panels which I bought a while back to replace mine (which had minor marks) - unfortunately although they were described as in perfect condition, they weren't. They're not terrible but for them to be perfect they would require respraying, which is what I was trying to avoid in the first place. I bought all three panels for £190 (bumper and wing were £60 each and bootlid £70), but I'm happy to cut the cost of that dramatically to free up the space. All items came off a 2002 BMW Z3 3.0i - the colour is Topaz blue (364) and they will fit facelift vehicles manufacture date 1999-2002

So, as follows;

The bootlid is in good, but used condition. It has a minor scratch which I've pictured (3rd pic) to give you an idea. I imagine a competent detailer or smart repairer could have this sorted.

I bought this bootlid for £70, but in order to free up some space I'm asking just £20

The rear wing is in okay condition, but does have some minor marking around it, which I tried to photograph. I would suggest prepping it and having it resprayed, as some of the stone chips have started to bubble so would be preventative procedure to stop rusting.

I bought this rear wing for £60, but I'm willing to sell at a quarter of that price at £15 to free up some space!

The rear bumper is also in okay condition, but does have some minor marking around it, which I have tried to photograph. The main two areas of concern are the the lower valance where it has some scuffing, and on the upper left corner of the numberplate surround, where the paint has peeled away. Luckily it's in a small and concealed area, but a full respray would be preferable if you wanted it to be perfect.

I bought this bumper for £60, but I'm willing to sell at a quarter of that price at £15 to free up some space!

Collection preferred due to size, but if you're willing to risk your own courier, then I am happy to put some bubble wrap around it.

The items are located at my parents home in East Grinstead West Sussex, but I live in London, Chelsea. So please contact me in advance if you wish to collect the items and I will ensure someone is there to greet you - if it's on a weekend, I could even make sure I'm there myself!

Thanks for looking!

Mark - 0779 259 4689
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Topaz blue panels (from 3.0 facelift)

Post by Brian H »

Mark,

If you were closer I would have all these off you, bugger :head:

Brian
bentley-boy

blank

Post by bentley-boy »

Hi Mark, would like to take the bootlid amd probably bumper too. Where are you?

Regards BB
markhinton

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by markhinton »

Brian H wrote:Mark,

If you were closer I would have all these off you, bugger :head:

Brian
Where abouts are you Brian? Shame they're not that easy to ship! :(
bentley-boy wrote:Hi Mark, would like to take the bootlid amd probably bumper too. Where are you?

Regards BB
East Grinstead, West Sussex. As a point of reference Gatwick airport is around 20mins away.
bentley-boy

blank

Post by bentley-boy »

Hello, Sorry for delay, would really like bootlid (and bumper) but being so far down south I cannot see a way of getting it.

BB
bentley-boy

blank

Post by bentley-boy »

Hi, guess you have no links to a courier, I've never used one. Problem is I'm up in Leicestershire.

BB
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

bentley-boy wrote:Hi, guess you have no links to a courier, I've never used one. Problem is I'm up in Leicestershire.

BB
Adrian, it's only 2 1/2 hours from where you are to Gatwick. You could do the round trip in a morning if you had an early start. £25 worth of fuel, be cheaper than a courier would charge you as well. I'm down in crawley and Croyden regularly but I don't think my boss would be to impressed making an extra pickup. If I didn't work for a national company and more of a small family run outfit I'd have been more than happy to help out. :)

Cheers
Dave

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
Koolflyer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Koolflyer »

Couldn't you guys meet part way? Just a thought :idea:
1997 Z3 2.8 (M52) Roadster Montreal blue
2013 330d (F31) M Sport Alpine White
bentley-boy

blank

Post by bentley-boy »

Thanks for those thoughts Dave. Having got a brand new bootrack I thought a spare bootlid in the same colour too would be handy if I ever moved up to a 3litre Z3. That way the holes in my 1.9 would not prove a problem if I sold. I shall have a look on route finder, I opened a new thread on a rack/case that sold on ebay for silly money, my brand new rack with all fittings including both types of blanking plugs was a bargain at £125 with a mint case for £36
Regards BB
markhinton

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by markhinton »

Koolflyer wrote:Couldn't you guys meet part way? Just a thought :idea:
I'm in London and don't often go home, so wouldn't be able to do that. Plus the only car I would have would be the Z3, and I'm not sure the panels would fit in that! :lol:
bentley-boy wrote:Thanks for those thoughts Dave. Having got a brand new bootrack I thought a spare bootlid in the same colour too would be handy if I ever moved up to a 3litre Z3. That way the holes in my 1.9 would not prove a problem if I sold. I shall have a look on route finder, I opened a new thread on a rack/case that sold on ebay for silly money, my brand new rack with all fittings including both types of blanking plugs was a bargain at £125 with a mint case for £36
Regards BB
What boot rack did you go for? The boot I have on my Z3 atm has the holes and blanking plugs already, and I bought the one above to change it to one without (since I don't have the boot rack). Is yours Topaz blue?
bentley-boy

blank

Post by bentley-boy »

Hello Mark, I bought the OEM rack which requires the boot to be drilled. If you have a drilled one at present it could be that it may be better for me to buy that instead and keep the one you have. Mine is Topaz also. Did you have a quote to repaint or smart repair the replacement you bought? If the scratch is not down to the basecoat it may be possible to fill in the scratch with clear lacquer and flat back and polish up. Let me know your thoughts.
Regards BB