Jacking point rubber required.

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Vince70

Z3 roadster 1.9

Jacking point rubber required.

Post by Vince70 »

I'm looking for a jacking point rubber which sits underneath the sill as I've only got three of them so at the moment it's covered over with tape to stop any rain or salt getting up into the sill.
Dinan

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Jacking point rubber required.

Post by Dinan »

just buy new one,its plastic btw,got mine from Vines BMW for about 10£ few weeks ago!! :wink:
Vince70

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Vince70 »

Cheers for that I never thought of checking the main dealer as I was getting quoted £20 plus from eBay sellers for second hand examples.
I will be on the phone tomorrow to my local dealer so I can pick one up on the way home from work, I should of tried them first as only the other week I bought some bulb holders from them and it worked out £5 something each while online the parts where £12 plus postage and packing.
Fender2004

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Fender2004 »

It is still worth checking the dealer prices certain items can be cheaper than buying second hand off eBay
Vince70

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Vince70 »

I see what you mean, I've just phoned up my local main dealer (bmw hailsham) but didn't want the hassle of diving 25 miles for the part and asked if there was a delivery service for the part or could be dropped in the post for me.

The reply was its only local so we will drop the part off to you on Tuesday and its only £9.24 plus vat and delivery is free so it does pay to try the main dealer first rather than buying a 2nd hand knackered part from eBay for over double the price.
Dinan

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Dinan »

I always first check main dealer prices and than ebay...most of the times OEM from dealer is cheaper that some second hand or aftermarket ones....same with Mercedes parts.... :wink: